Friday, April 24, 2009

Out of the Dumps

It dawned on me this morning when I woke up in a fabulous mood that I have been down in the dumps a bit this week. Funny thing is, I didn’t even realize it! Upon getting out of bed this morning I felt energetic and ready to take on the day. Wonder if it being FRIDAY has anything to do with it?!

I had a bit of pumpkin that needed to be used so into my breakfast it went!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Red River cereal
-goji berries
-pumpkin puree
-cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
-carob chips (wink, wink Veggie Girl!)
-sweet cinnamon sprinkles
A-MAZING! This was one of those bowls that I was sad to see the end of! And this was the last of my carob chips. Note to self……go buy more this weekend!!

The morning passed quite uneventfully. I snacked on the last 3 prunes. I took a picture of the bag today to avoid photo boredom! :)
With my prunes I enjoyed a latte from the office machine;
And later on I munched on a ½ cup of “granola” that I made last night. I got the recipe from the new Hungry Girl cookbook.
I think the options are endless on this recipe!!!

I hit up the gym today and did 30 minutes on the stationary bike (my ankles were OK with this movement), 10 minutes of ab work, 3 set of 15 tricep dips as per the BBBC and a 5 minute walk on the ‘mill. It felt so nice to just MOVE my body! I even got some magazine reading in while on the bike!

Lunch was a good 2 cups of mixed veggies with this tuna steak on top;
All together now!
I snacked on an orange and some strawberries over the course of the afternoon…
There may have also been a few chocolate eggs consumed. DOH! Just before I left work I drank a chai tea. This is the brand that I used;
I like the idea of the aluminum vs a bag for easy use, but I don’t like that it promotes waste. At least a bag is bio-degradable.

My MIL bought me a cute little mini rose plant for my birthday and it didn’t like any of the spots I put it in at my house so I brought it into work to see if I could keep it alive until planting time. Not only does it LOVE it’s place on my desk, its got a bloom!!!
Too cute, eh?

I had very limited time between leaving work and going to Pilates. I picked up Subway for the kids, then picked up the kids and took them to my parents so they could eat. I had no time for dinner myself so a Z-bar came to the rescue! I knew just the one I wanted to try, too....Honey Graham.

This was every bit as good as I imagined it would be and held me over until I got home at 7pm.

Dinner ended up being a toasted bagel with a LC wedge, ham and egg whites. I had some steamed asparagus on the side.
I ate this so fast I almost didn't taste it. Tsk, tsk! Seven is a bit late for me to be eating dinner. Growing up, we always ate at 4:30...my parents still do. As a rule, we usually eat dinner around 5:30 now. What is a "normal" dinner time for you? My sweet end was a SF creme brulee pudding.
I don't know that this really tasted like creme brulee, but it was still tasty so no complaints out of me!

My hubby came home from work early tonight, so I'm gonna go spent some time with the fam as a whole. He's back on day's next week....YIPEE!! Life should be back to normal and I can't wait! I hope everyone enjoys their Friday night!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for feeling energized for the day!! I felt the same.


    HAHA!!! Love the "wink wink" with the carob chips - you rock, Krista :-D

    I seriously need to get the Hungry Girl cookbook - I keep stalling!!


    Lovely plant from the MIL!!


    Happy Friday evening!! Enjoy your family time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of the bike as an option that wouldn't bother your ankles. But good that it doesn't - you can get in a little cardio and reading at the same time :D That's why I like the bike every once in a while.

    And dinner at 4:30 growing up? Crap, that would never happen in our house. People were barely even home at that time. 5:30 is even too early for me - I usually don't get home from work until 5 ish. If I'm eating at 6, I'm lucky. But some nights, depending on what I want to do, I may push dinner back as late as 8 or 9. Horrible, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your breakfast looks sensational!

    Are you liking the HG cookbook?!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time with the family!

    Love the granola!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish I can woke up with good mood tomorrow! I need it to refill my energy level!!!
    5.30pm dinner??? That's my tea/snack time! wooooo....and what time do you go to bed? at 9pm? I wish i can, but as i can't work after i eat, i usually have dinner around 8.30-9pm. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I have seen those tuna packages, but never got around to trying them. I assume they are good - they looook good!!! I'm going to see if I can find them next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for honey graham zbars!!! love those little things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for fridays! Did you find the Z-bars here in Canada anywhere?

    I eat at 5 but have been eating at 6 lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zbar!! I love that flavor! Those egg whites look so fluffy - yum :)

    Hope you're having a fantastic Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!