Thursday, April 16, 2009

Totally Wiped Out

I woke up to another gloriously sunny morning, but boy was I ever stiff!! These new moves of Jillian’s are working me!!! :) Before I hit the hay last night I pulled out a serving of Pumpkin Pie Oats from the freezer so breakie was a no brainer this morning!!
Before tossing it in the microwave, I added a splash of water to help plump it up. When it was nice and hot, I added some unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and some Mocha Hazelnut sprinkles for some pizzazz!
Creamy, tasty and filling. The best! Before walking out the door to work I have to admit to grabbing a mitt full of chocolate covered edamame for the road! This is one treat that I have to put out of sight or they’ll all be gone before I know it!!!

By 10 this morning I was really hungry!! I’m still not sure why because breakfast usually holds me over much longer than 2.5 hrs!! I managed to avoid the office candy jar by eating some sweet prunes…
I also stuck a piece of gum in my mouth. I wonder if adding the Shred DVD to my daily workout routine has put an edge on my hunger? I’ve been feeling hungrier in the evenings, too, but have been pretty good about snacking. For instance, last night I ate a handful of Mary’s Organic crackers. I really wanted a green monster but I’m out of everything I need to make one!!

I did eat my freezer muffin before going to the gym. I’ve been trying to eat fruit before the gym which has been working well but I knew that I needed a bit more heft before working out today.
My lower body is pretty stiff today so I ran at a slower speed. This felt more like how fast (or slow!) I run outside. The first half mile was killer and I so wanted to give up and just walk but after mile one I was all warmed up and feeling good! All in all, it ended up being a great run! I also did 3 planks….each side and front….for one minute each.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 157
Max Hr: 171
Calories Burned: 445
Distance: 4.25 miles

I brought one of the turkey burgers for lunch today, but I brought some fixings for it which I didn’t have last night! I sandwiched the patty between a toasted English muffin which had been coated with some fig preserves and lettuce.

My afternoon snacks included a blood orange and some more sliced strawberries;

Once again I did the 30 Day Shred as soon as I got home from work. I'm quite enjoying getting this done by 5:15!! I found myself totally wiped out after completing the exercises today. My legs feel like lead right now and once I settle down for the night I'll be soaking my poor feet! My Pilates class starts up again tomorrow at 5:30 so I don't know when I'll have time to do the DVD, but I think it may be a good idea to take a day off from it. I don't want to over extend myself and end up hurt!

Dinner ended up being leftovers again. I apologize for being so repetitious, but grocery day is tomorrow and I really don't like to have prepared foods in the fridge when I have food to find a home for! The kids ended up with burritos and leftover noodles and I ate some more pork tenderloin, asparagus and couscous. The little blob on the side a Memories of Damascus sauce for dipping;
After dinner was done and dishes were put away, we went to the store to buy a birthday present for a party DS is attending tomorrow night. I grabbed these 2 cookies to eat on the drive over.
The grocery store is right beside where we were so I caved and ran in to buy some spinach for green monsters! :) On my way past the reduced produce stand I saw a bag of half price bananas...
SCORE!!! Looks like I'll be doing some more baking this weekend!

I have another Canadian freebie for all us Canucks! Click here to get a sample pack of craisins! And please remember to submit you BSI: Lemon recipe to kristaskravings@gmail.com!!! I haven't gotten many recipes and I'm starting to think I picked a dud ingredient!!! :o

Well, my friends, I am done for. It's time for this ole gal to drag her sorry (yet almost firm) butt downstairs to the couch to relax! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather!!

Bye for now!!

18 comments:

  1. Glad the shred is working for you! That is awesome! Lots of great fruit today. I still have not picked up one of those blood oranges! I still am thinking about a potential lemon recipe! Plus I don't go food shopping until the weekends! I am hoping to pick up a lemon Saturday am....hopefully I'll have a recipe idea by then too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Pie in a bowl = heavenly!!

    Hooray for ripe bananas!! I see a banana bread loaf in your future ;-)


    Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have found such a great deal on bananas like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie! I'm excited to get my craisins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the sounds of that mocha hazelnut topping! I can't wait to see what you bake up in your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try that pumpkin pie oat!!! :D looks so yummy~~~
    And I want to have blood orange too!!! Why can't I find it here??? !!! gr.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm love the pumpkin pie oats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry!!! I promise I'll submit my recipe before the deadline! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I tried a few of the goodies today, and I'm SO thrilled with them!!! Just had a bite of one of those cadbury thins, and I'm obsessed :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaah, i'm so behind on my blog reading! you should review that new hg cookbook :) i don't know if i'll be able to get to lemons... eek :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm sure you didn't pick a dud ingredient. You'll get lots of entries when people have time on the weekend to get creative :D

    How do you find the oats freeze? I've never thought to make bulk oats and freeze them, it just doesn't seem like a freezing food to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Krista!! Mmmm I love your oats combo...it really looks SO delish! I have a question about the 30 day shred, because I'm looking to buy the DVD. I was wondering, how much space in an apartment do you need? and what type of equipment? I live in a pretty small apartment and would need to jump around on a carpet floor. Is that still feasible with the DVD?

    Oooooh and HURRAH for baking this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pumpkin pie oats are drool worthy for sure. Yum! Congrats on the banana score! That's awesome, and I'm sure you will put them to good use!

    I love leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss my daily shred. I think it has an effect on my daily hunger too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I do strength training I notice I am hingrier. I count Shred as strength.

    Also, I don't have a lemon recipe. I love lemon stuff, so I don't think you picked a dud, but the only thing I make with lemons is lemon squares. How lame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was Hangry Pants Heather. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate covered edamame, what?? Where have I been that I don't know about these?? I used to get chocolate covered soy nuts at Trader Joe's. I'm going to have to be on the hunt for this for sure!!

    Can I enter in a recipe I've already made in the last few weeks with Lemon for the BSI?

    ReplyDelete
  18. FIG preserves on a burger?! Interesting!! I cant wait to see what comes of those bananas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!