Friday, April 3, 2009

Rainy Friday

I woke up to a wet soggy day but I really don’t mind this for a Friday. I find that when Friday’s are beautiful, I really do not want to be at work! It least if it’s crappy out I don’t feel like I’m missing anything!! I pulled out my baggie of Red River hot cereal for breakfast today…
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Tazo Chai tea concentrate
-1/3 cup Red River cereal
-mashed banana
-2 tsp chopped walnuts
This is just what I needed to warm me from the inside out on a dreary morning!

So, I had my first go at 30 Day Shred last night and loved it! My kids both decided that they wanted to try it out, too! I used my 5lbs weights, DD had 3 and DS had the 2 pounders. DD did pretty good! The only thing she really complained about was how the weights were making her hands sweaty. I swear that kid had something against sweat! She always complains about it! :) DS declared more than once that he was “quitting” only to start up again. I made sure both kids were very aware that this was NOT something they had to participate in and the weights were optional. I reminded them of this quite often during the workout. Overall, I worked up a good sweat and burned approx 150 calories. I think that this teamed up with the OSG BBCC will yield awesome results!

I also made a green monster last night. I had run out of spinach on Monday and was really craving one! I haven’t posted a photo in a bit so here ya go!
I think I’ve mastered my flavour combination to suit my taste buds….strawberries, mango, 1 tbsp flax seed, ½ cup unsweetened Almond Breeze, 2-3 kale leaves and a few big handfuls of spinach. YUM! I was really snacky for some reason last night….maybe the Shred????....so I made a small sandwich with WW bread, homemade almond butter and some fig preserves. I didn’t take a picture, but was satisfied after I ate that!

Before I went to the gym today I ate these dried prunes…

They were a nice change from the dates. I had more Parnoosh dates on my grocery list but they only had a 5lb container in stock and seeing as I’m not sure how long dates keep, I passed. I did also buy more dried figs.

I decided to try another programmed course on the treadmill today. This one was called “steady pace” and it turned out to be one hot, sweaty workout! I felt strong but was glad for the cool down when it came!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 168
Max Hr: 185
Calories Burned: 517
Distance: 4.7 miles

According to the treadmill, I averaged a 9:30 min pace. Not bad for an “old” gal like me! ;)

I discovered a new favourite in my lunch today! I brought a new Lean Cuisine Panini to try….Grilled Vegetables & Goat Cheese. OMG! To. Die. For!!!

I ate it opened faced to prolong the pleasure! I will be buying this one again for sure!

I caved and snacked on these this afternoon…
I savoured each one by letting it sit on my tongue to melt….then I wanted more so I knew it was time to pull out my piece of chocolate banana bread.
That was chased by a small decaf mocha from the office coffee machine (it was set to “free” this aft so I thought “why not?”)
Oh, how I love chocolate! My chocolate demon was satiated after this!

I did the SHRED DVD as soon as we got home because I knew that if I let myself get all comfy cozy, it would not happen. I think I sweat more today than last night! I will be doing my OSG BBCC 3 yoga pose challenge a little later on, too! I'm gonna be a machine, I tell ya! :)

It was still really awful outside so I declared it soup and grilled cheese night! But….we were out of bread so I made cheese “dippers” for our soup! The dippers were simply wraps filled with marble cheese and toasted up in a frying pan quesadilla style. Ya gotta get creative with the kiddies so they think what they’re eating is very cool! I had a bowl of Amy’s Lentil soup with my dippers which were composed of 1oz of marble cheese and a flat out wrap;
Here's the kids dinner via DS's plate;
He already ate one triangle of dipper and the soup is turkey tortellini. After dishing out my cup of Amy's soup I poured the rest of the can into the big pot with some kale and some carrot that was frozen with the homemade broth. I took my trusty immersion blender to it before adding string pasta and a bag of cheese tortellini. The kids LOVED it! I was worried that the kale would turn them off but they didn't say a word about it. :) DS made me PROMISE to tell Daddy how to make the dippers. I assured him that I would! **WINK WINK!!**

I'm eating my sweet end as I type this. A container of blackberries and strawberries. I also had 1/2 of a chocolate chip cookie that came home in DS's lunch box.

I'm planning on a green monster later on tonight to help up my veggie intake for the day. With the weather the way it is my only plans for the evening are to curl up and watch TV. I sure do hope that the sun is shining tomorrow! Anyone have any special plans this weekend? Here's to a most enjoyable Friday evening to all of you!! :)

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Rained all day here as well :-(

    Glad you like "shredding"; and hooray for your family enjoying the meal!!

    Enjoy your green monster and t.v. time tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so funny about food! My niece thinks she doesn't like mushrooms, but loves mushroom soup. The trip is we tell her it's called creamy soup and she gobbles it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soup and grilled cheese area always good dinners!!

    and it rained here too...with thunder and lightening. it rocked. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rainy day here too! i was all wet this morning! Fortunately it stopped later!
    i just came back from WF with a lot of goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwh sorry about the rain!!!
    Totally love your eats though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree--I'd much rather have it be a crappy day when I am stuck inside studying anyway!
    That panini looks tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are going to look so hot after all of that!!! Not that you don't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw how cute that your kids joined you in the Shred! Yay for dippers - I'm a big fan of dipping! That panini does look very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny that your kids wanted to do the DVD as well. Sounds like it's a good work out though, from all the people who have been doing it. Maybe I'll be like the cool kids one day and try it out myself.

    Do you buy those paninis on sale? Because I was looking at them at the store, and they seem kind of expensive. Although, I find all of those frozen meals to be on the pricey side for what you get.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!