Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm A "Hungry Girl"!

Hello all!!! This will be a quick post because I've been on the go all day and haven't got much time even now!!! I was up bright and early because DS started ball hockey this morning and we had to leave the house by 9am. I decided to try out a recipe from the new Hungry Girl's cookbook that was just released last week.
The recipe was called "fab 5 banana pancake mini's".
I opted for 3 bigger pancakes on which I smeared some homemade PB and drizzled with SF maple syrup. Instead of mixing everything up in a bowl, I gave the batter a whiz in the magic bullet and the consistency came out just right!
YUM!

Back tracking to last night, I did indeed have a snack about 9pm. I toasted a 100 calorie English muffin and spread it with a packet of Barney Butter.
The Barney Butter was good! It didnt blow my mind or anything, but I enjoyed the change. I still prefer natural nut butters, I must say.

DS really enjoyed ball hockey. I had no doubt that he would! My hubby and DS's friends father are coaching the team. The Dad's had a blast, too! Here's DS (im)patiently waiting to get on the rink....
His team is called the "Black Crows". Much better than the "Woodpeckers"!!!

We got home just before lunch so I spent some time tidying up and putting laundry in the machine. I snacked on some unpictured dried figs as soon as we walked through the door to tide me over. I started on my lunch around 12:30 and made a wrap filled with egg whites, spinach and LC cheese and on the side I had a 1/2 cup of plain yogurt that had 2 tbsp of PB2 mixed in. I used the orange as my "utensil" for the yogurt!
This was a very satisfying lunch! The yogurt/orange combo was terrific, but I wasn't fond of the mixture on its own so I tossed some granola in the last little bit to finish it off.

Right after lunch we were off again to buy a new bike for DD and shin pads and cleats for DS. DD really needed a new bike as hers was just too small and it was making it really hard for her to ride. We took the new wheels out for a test drive once everything was adjusted to her size. The ride ended up being 1 hour long and she didn't complain once!!! A miracle! :) I wore my HRM to see what my stats would look like on a family ride as opposed to by myself. Then I forgot to write it all down! I'll have to check the summary later, but I remember that we were gone for 58 minutes and I burned 268 calories. Not too shabby!

We got back to the house at 5 and the fam decided they wanted bacon and eggs for dinner. I decided that I wanted to try another Hungry Girl recipe! This one was called "Totally Pumpin Fettuccine". The recipe involved Shiritaki noodles, pumpkin, a LC cheese wedge, etc. I served it with a toasted English muffin to sop up all the sauce!
This recipe was another winner! I also ate maybe a cup of this watermelon that I chopped up while din din was cooking;
I'm one stuffed pussy cat right now! My parents will be over for a visit soon and after they leave I will be doing my shred DVD. I have a feeling that once that's done, I'll be collapsing on the couch!!! We have another early morning because there is one last "horrah" for DS's hockey team from 9-11. Where did the weekend go?????

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. can't wait to get that cookbook!! so fun :-)

    enjoy your folks' visit and shredding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, those pancakes look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cookbook looks great - I may have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like trying new recipes right after I get a new cook book! both of them seem delicious~~~
    I'll try to find them in their website!
    have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woodpeckers - haha! Black Crows is MUCH better!

    Glad the cookbook is a winner! Both of those dishes sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for HungryGirl recipes and cute hockey pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great eats! I've been hesitant to try those Shirataki noodles but, you make them look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know I'm not alone on thinking that Barney Butter wasn't all that! Or at least not on the first taste! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm awesome recipes! I have the first Hungry Girl cookbook but I think I may have to check that one out next. Love the idea of pumpkin fettucine!
    And I also love your orange "utensils" hehe.
    There's still one day left of the weekend! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved HGs new cookbook as well.
    Now I need to get her to let me do a fitness chapter in her next book!

    Im not above begging :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I've never even seen the Hungry Girl cookbooks before. Obviously, if this is the new one, that means there are multiple. Which would you recommend for someone who hasn't checked them out yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that a "Flat Out" wrap?? I could not find those when I was home at the Superstore or Walmart. Just curious!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!