Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Baby Shower

Hello, friends!!!! I’m going to start today’s post off with a bit of a review from yesterday, K? So, I mentioned that DD and I went to the market. The one we went to is practically in my backyard it’s so close. I really have no excuse for not going there year round except that I really don’t like to go out in the cold!! It was such a beautifully warm day that there were some vendors set up outside. I’m so excited to resume our weekly market trips!!!

At noon DS had a ball hockey game. It was at the rink that is a stone’s throw away so we walked down. Gotta take advantage of the sunshine! Too bad this is the only game that they play there. The rest are across town. Anywho, DS decided to take his turn at playing goalie. Let’s just say he’s glad that’s over with! Net doesn’t have near the excitement that he craves in a sport! I took a few pictures of him seeing as I figure it’ll be awhile before I see him suited up again. Here he is with my hubby and the other coach tag teaming to get the leg pads on…
All ready to go!
Getting some tips from one of the coaches (there are 3 including my hubby). This particular coach played OHL hockey for 5 years and has always been a goalie.
Then there was lunch and errands which I already discussed. One thing I didn’t share was the storm the whipped up just as we were leaving the last store. I have honest to God never been caught in such a fierce wind. Just as I was driving out of the lot in this viciousness, we saw a poor young Mom and her baby who was in a stroller. She was in a panic because the wind was literally picking the buggy right up off the ground. I stopped and my Hubby got out, scooped her and the babe in the van and threw the stroller in back. We drove her home which ended up being just across the street, but I would’ve gone where ever we needed to. She was so grateful, but in complete shock from the scare. Poor thing!!

I got hungry for a snack by 9pm last night so I made myself a yummy treat with yogurt!
This was 1/2 a cup of plain 1% yogurt, a little dried fruit, some fresh strawberries and a scoopful of that homemade granola. As tasty as this was, I think it was the cute bowl that brought it all together!! :) Here’s the dry fruit that I used.
It’s a mix of apples, dates, raisins and cranberries.

Let's move on to today, shall we? After waking from a wonderful nights sleep, I made my way down to the kitchen for some breakfast that I had been thinking about since before going to bed!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-1/3 of a package of silken tofu
-mango
-pecan pieces
I attacked the ingredients with my immersion blender then topped it off with some pecan pieces. This was as good as I had been imagining it would be!

A good friend of mine is expecting in June and today was her baby shower! The festivities started at 2pm and I knew it would take a good hour to get there so I spent some QT with my computer before hitting the shower at 11:30. Once out, I sat down to a toasted WW homemade PB and cinnamon honey sandwich.
This was a small fry which I did purposely because I wasn't really hungry but didn't want to head out hungry. I have big food control issues when it comes to platters of goodies staring at me! Once DD and I were ready to hit the road I had my hubby snap a picture of us!
I also made a green monster for the ride down. This one contained strawberries, mango, flax seed, soy milk and tons of spinach!
The shower was a success and my friend looks so happy and healthy! I can't wait until her baby is born in June. As predicted, there was a lot of food! Here's plate #1....it's pretty self explanatory;
Plate #2 was some more crackers & cheese, focaccia bread and one lonely meatball.
They served an ice cream cake for dessert. Sorry for the crappy picture...I was trying to be quick!!!
This was good, but I scraped all the icing off. Just not a fan of the stuff! There was quite a bit of leftover food and we were all urged to take some home with us. Just look at what grandma-to-be packed up for us!!!

Jeezum crow!!! The boys were sure happy to see all this come through the front door! I've already laid claim to the fruits and veggies. They can fight over the rest!

Well, it's pushing 7pm here and I still have scads of stuff to do tonight before the Amazing race comes on. For now I am not hungry in the least but I have a feeling that may change later on. If it does, I've already planned to have either a bowl of cereal or another of oats. Nothing too heavy before bed!

I hope everybody enjoyed their day....and weekend!!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable and I love the hockey pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWHHH, love the pictures of you and your kids! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the shower went well and had lots of yummy food :) The pic of you and DD is adorable!! Sounds like you got outdoors a lot this weekend which is just fabulous! Does it really have to be Monday tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icea cream cake! Yum! I haven't had that in ages. I would ALWAYS want one for my birthday as a kid. I think the best one I got had ALF on it. Okay, that just made me feel old. Perhaps I can con someone into getting me an ice cream cake for my 30th this year! HA!

    Cute pic of you and the kidlet. I like your necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get that fantastic yellow bowl?! I'm going to come steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so generous of you and your husband to take that mom home!! If you got the storm we got (probably) it was HORRIBLE!

    You and your daughter look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of you and DD...sounds like it was a great shower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pics!!! and that mango oat combo will be my tomorrow's breakfast!!!
    oh... I just tried to dark chocolate you sent me...it's amazingly yummy!!!!!!! exactly how I like chocolates! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I play in net!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job scoring all those leftovers -- you make me so proud :-D

    you and your daughter are gorgeous all fancied up for the shower! (speaking of party platters of food, they're my downfall, too. you did a great job keeping things reasonable!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little hockey player is adorable, and I love the photo of you and your daughter! :-)

    I went to a reception last week and there was a lonely meatball on my plate too. Yours made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!