Monday, April 20, 2009

And The Lucky Winner Is.....

I woke up to a dreary, rainy morning, but it wasn’t cold and I had to be at work anyways so the less than stellar weather didn’t really bother me! I’m on 8:30 start at work this week which meant an extra half hour of sleep. That also helped make it a nice morning, :)

My breakfast this morning was very similar to yesterday’s eats!
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 cup pumpkin puree
-2 tsp creamed cinnamon honey
Oh my, the honey was fabulous on the oats!!! It melted nicely throughout and lent the perfect sweetness to the bowl. Can’t wait to try this stuff on some toast!!! Here’s a better look at the jar;
Work was S-L-O-W today. Blah! I ate some dried figs at break not because I was hungry, but because boredom was trying to convince me that I needed to head to the office candy bowl for chocolate.
These are sweet and chewy enough to trick my senses!

It was great to get back in the gym today! Even though I stay active over the weekend, I tend to miss my gym time. Because of security issues due to construction on the building, the gym is still off limits over the weekend. We’re hoping that will change sooner rather than later! Before heading off I ate ½ a slice of the banana bread I made over the weekend to see me through the hour.
Today I did a 30 minute run, 10 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the BBBC ab moves.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 163
Max Hr: 183
Calories Burned: 460
Distance: 4.11 miles (treadmill and elliptical combined)

My ankles, or rather, the backs of my ankles have been hurting pretty badly since last Wednesday. They're fine once I get going, it's the getting going part that's killing me! I looked up some info on Achilles Tendon's and what I found sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Not good. I called the doctor to set up an appointment, but that's not until next Monday!!! They definitely hurt when I apply pressure to either side of the tendon. OUCH! Anybody out there have any knowledge of what to do for this problem???

As soon as I heard the rain this morning I knew that I wanted soup for lunch. It just felt like the right kind of lunch to have!! I grabbed a can of Amy’s minestrone to go;

I love all the oddly shaped noodles in this soup!! This is the whole can, by the way! I packed loads of watermelon and strawberries which I snacked on throughout the afternoon.
After all this fruit I had a few more washroom breaks than normal! As soon as I left work I went to pick the kids up from my parents and then dropped DD off at dance. On the drive home I ate the other half of my banana bread to fuel me through another 20 minutes with Jillian.

Today was day 16 of shredding for me. I’ve missed 3 days in between there, but I’m not worried about that. Sometimes life takes over and you just have to roll with it! I’m mid way through level 2 and I can already feel that some of the killer moves are not as bad now. AND….I can almost do a real push up!!!! At the beginning of level 2, I could not do one AT ALL so this is big for me!! :)

Dinner will look very familiar to you as it’s the very same as last nights dinner! Well, except for the cauliflower. I have plans for that for tomorrow’s lunch. Instead I had some more strawberries on the side. What can I say? They're delish!
Hehe! The grain blend took on the shape of the container it was in! My sweet end was a handful of dark chocolate covered edamame....
And now the announcement you’ve all been waiting for!! I ended up getting some really awesome recipes for the BSI lemon challenge!!! Thanks to all who entered! I’ve put them all under a “BSI:Lemons” header on the right hand side of the blog so that everybody can view them. In order to be completely fair and unbiased, I put my hubby in charge of selecting the winner! It also helps that he is a lover of all things lemon!!! This morning he sat down and went through all the recipes for me. Who did he select???? Amanda’s Sinless Lemon Granita!!!! Congratulations, Amanda! Please email me your info so that I can get your prize off in the mail! Once you're done here, you must travel over to Karen's blog, To Be The Whole Package to check out this week's BSI. She picked a great ingredient!!!!

Well, stay dry and enjoy the evening! I'm going to go soak these problematic ankles of mine while I watch Dancing With The Stars!

Bye for now!!






22 comments:

  1. Today was definitely a slow day here too - blah.

    Congratulations to Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the sore ankle, I'd maybe try an epsom salt rub, or soak. That usually helps my aches and pains.

    Now you've put me in the mood for watermelon! Mmm it looks so juicy and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amanda!! :o)

    And thanks for linking back!!! I can't wait to see what recipes I get - in fact I've already received a couple!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Amanda! Hope your ankle feels better soon...it sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to the winner~~~
    Monday is tough to get through, even it's taken as a leisure day here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cinnamon honey sounds like it would be fantastic on a big fluffy biscuit! Yum!!

    Uh oh, I hope you don't have tendinitis!! I've had a lot of experience with that and it's no fun! Lots of ice and pain killers (anti-inflammatory) if you think you may have it. I love that Amy's soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg those oats look fantastic?! i want that honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cinnamon honey??? wow, i want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winner!!!!!

    Yum on all of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yayyyyyy for the winner! You just reminded me that I didn't do my BBBC exercise for the day! Gotta get on that! The bread you made this weekend looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yaaay!! thank you thank you thank you to your husband! And thank you to you for hosting this! I can't wait to get started on the next challenge! (Maybe one day I too will host a BSI. *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a creamed honey kind of day, eh? I bet the cinnamon stuff would be great :D

    And that Amy's Minestrone looks pretty excellent. I've never tried any of Amy's soups, but I might just have to check that one out. I know you can get a flat of it & lentil (I think) at Costco...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gym do you work out in normally? I used to go to Exclusively Womens in the mall! Not sure if it is still there or not! I think something that I didn't think about when I worked out there was the lack of windows - since it was downstairs! I love looking outside when i'm working out... hello people watching! haha... random thing about me that you probably didn't care to know!

    I love banana bread!!!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  14. an extra half hour of sleep makes all the difference.

    i'm sorry to hear about your ankles! grr, i'm so sick of injuries that inhibit exercise. not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your banana bread and chocolate covered edamame is making me hungry! Delicious! Amy's soup is definitely perfect for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm i love those figs!
    wasn't dancing with the stars awesome? i'm in love with gilles ;)
    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm those figs look SO good :) i just started eating figs and I'm really liking the looks of those babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Amanda!

    That cinnamon honey looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok this is embarassing but what is the BSI and how does it work??? I keep hearing about it. lol. Someone help! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love figs but the package (organic) I bought whose contents look about the same as yours says that a "serving size" of just 2 figs is, believe it or not, 120 calories! =-O Maybe it's just the ones I bought?? Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!