Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Confession and A Dinner Guest

I had to get up a bit earlier than usual today because DD had track and field at 8am, but I needed to get DS dropped off at the sitter beforehand. Although her doing this is a pain logistically, I make sure to accommodate her because I don’t want to discourage her from doing anything physical that she likes. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while you’ll know that she can certainly be a diva about getting sweaty! Breakfast was a serving of pumpkin pie crock pot oats from the freezer…
I re hydrated them with some water and plopped a scoop of cinnamon honey on top!
I think I have a little food blogger in the making! I found this on my camera when I went to load my picture’s….
I know this is DD’s bowl of Rice Krispies because DS had Dino egg porridge today!

Work was slow today. Meh….I shouldn’t complain seeing as people are losing/have lost their jobs. Knock on wood; I’m sitting pretty where I am. I broke out the last of the dates mid morning….
Honestly, these are the best kind of candy!!! Just before going to the gym I snacked on half of this piece of sweet potato bread….
I ate the other half later in the afternoon.

So now’s it’s confession time on my part. I ran at the gym today. There, I said it. I could not stand another minute of walking/bike riding, I just couldn’t. I was on the treadmill for 30 mins and ran, well, jogged really, at total of 20 mins. I kept the speed at 5.3mph and did not feel any pain afterwards or now, for that matter. My ankles, although still a little swollen, have been feeling pretty good the past 2 days so I thought I’d test the waters. And I’m glad I did because I really needed the release that running gives me. Thankfully I was the only one in the gym because I broke out into a real dorky smile after a few minutes. I’ll hop back on the bike tomorrow…..I don’t want to push it! I also got caught up on the BBBC by completing 3 set of 50 leg lifts and 3 sets of 30 squats with 5lb weights. Then I did 10 mins of ab work.

Time: 52 minutes
Avg Hr: 141
Max Hr: 168
Calories Burned: 378
Distance: 2.5 miles


I brought a Lean Cuisine Panini for lunch today….
I’ve never tried this flavour before but you can’t go wrong when there’s mango and chicken involved! It wasn’t my most favourite panini, but it was good! The only draw back I found was stinky breath for the remainder of the afternoon! I pretty much sucked on mints non stop so I didn’t kill anyone! :)
Later in the afternoon I also ate this little “fruit salad” that I made this morning. It’s basically 2 small cut up oranges and some grapes.
I learned today that I wrinkly grapes are much easier to eat when paired with oranges!

I nibbled on 3 of these nut clusters from True North that I got form Mara when I got home from work....
L-O-V-E-D them! So did my hubby. Oh, my! Definitely on my list of things to look for on my next trip to the USA!

My hubby brought a friend home for supper so it was a good thing that 1) I pulled salmon out of the freezer this morning and 2) he’s wasn’t allergic to fish! I baked it in the oven with some butter and salmon seasoning and served it with a side of roasted potatoes and steamed green beans. There were also buns. Here’s my plate;
You'll notice that I had a roasted sweet potato on my plate. In my humble opinion, MUCH tastier than roasted potatoes! For dessert I just picked up an apple cinnamon pudding coffee cake. Wouldn't you know that I totally forgot to take a picture? It was pretty good as far as store bought cakes go.

I'm going to go hang with the boys downstairs so I'll leave you with a photo of the newest addition to my in laws miniature horse farm....
This little horsey is about the size of a bigger dog. I can't wait to visit him this Sunday!!! I don't even know his name yet! Babies are just so cute, aren't they???

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Sweet potato bread sounds DELICIOUS! The miniature horse is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the True North snacks!! They're so delicious!
    Way to go on that run, I'm seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini horse is too cute! Awesome run - glad your ankle held up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so hard not to do something you love- I don't blame you for running! Just try to go lightly on those precious ankles! I think that is SO cute that your daughter is taking pictures of her meals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny that the rice krispies photo was on your camera.

    Your salmon dinner sounds good. I really should buy salmon fillets more often, because I do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mini horse is sooooo cute!
    great run!
    salmon!!! I love it!!! I like to bake it with soy sauce, cooking wine, some brown sugar and chopped onions. try it, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Krista!!

    My DD is going to freak out when she sees that picture of the mini-horse.

    We do track as well so I feel your pain..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the cutest cutest little horse!

    i am with you on the roasted sweet potatoes -- way better than regular. but i would say that, since i can't stand regular potatoes in any form.

    glad to see the pumpkin pie oats making a comeback! :-) must have been incred with the cinnamon honey, mm.

    and your dd is definitely a food blogger in the making. look at that angle, placement, use of space, light, etc ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat is such a cute mini! HI BABY!!!!
    Hey, it sounds like you took it easy on the running. I'm glad you came clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sweet potatoes look extra crispy and delicious! YUM!!

    I used to be a rice crispy cereal eater when I was little (except I dumped massive amounts of sugar on it too ;) )!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cte horse!!

    I have never seen that LC (or the packaging) before either! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!