Friday, May 1, 2009

A New Month

It’s May! I love May because to me it signifies the true start to the nice weather. It’s the month where all my flowers and veggies get planted and I start to spend much more time outside. It’s also a busy month! May 10 is Mother’s Day and my brother’s birthday. This May 16 will be our 11 year wedding anniversary and on May 20 DD will be hitting double digits turning 10! I have a feeling the month will go by very fast!

I enjoyed a most delicious breakfast this morning! It tasted like pudding posing as oats!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-1 Tbsp Carnation powdered vanilla coffee mate
-banana
-2 Tbsp dried fruit
Oh, did I ever savour every last bite of this meal!!!

The morning started out overcast but by mid morning the sun broke through and brightened everything up! Nothing like a ray of sunshine to put you in a good mood! Just before going to the gym I ate a piece of Blueberry Almond Cornbread.
This is so good with fruit in it that I think I’m going to try fresh strawberries next!

I hopped on the stationary bike for a 45 minute ride at lunch today. I cranked up the resistance and speed and turned it into a real sweat fest! No magazine reading for me today!!!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 141
Max Hr: 162
Calories Burned: 346
Distance: 5.77 miles


I was very excited to break into lunch today because it was something I haven’t had in ages! Tuna salad! I mixed a can of tuna with mayo, Dijon mustard, dill pickle, salt and pepper. Then I split it with my hubby. When lunch time came I assembled my sandwich with an Ezekiel 4:9 English muffin, a LC wedge, the tuna and spinach. On the side I ate the rest of the leftover brussel sprouts from the other night.
YUM!
Over the course of the afternoon I also ate this fruit salad that I made;
Cantaloupe, strawberries and blackberries. Need I say more?

Tonight was Pilates at 5:30 and right after I made my way across town to watch DS’s ball hockey game. So as not to have a super full belly for class, I made myself a delicious green monster.
This had lots of spinach, strawberries, flax seed and ½ cup almond breeze with a splash of water. This held me over well through class and to the rink. Once settled at the game I pulled out part 2 of my dinner….a Black Cherry Almond Clif Bar.
This is now one of my favourite Clif flavours! Holy yum! Now, I know this was not a balanced meal what so ever, but I don’t make a habit of it. At least I got lots of greens in!! And to be quite honest, dessert came first tonight! I opened the package of these beauties that Mara sent me...
These are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies that I have had in a LONG time! I scarfed back 2 then had to leave the kitchen.
After the game DD and I went to get the groceries done. By the time we got home it was past 9pm and I was so hungry that I ended up with a bad case of heartburn. Does that happen to anyone else if they get too hungry? That's always been an issue with me! I slammed back some TUMS and got a snack ready. So, as I finish typing this out I'm eating a bowl of oats....1/3 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain, cinnamon and a big scoop of homemade PB and cinnamon honey.
So good and best of all it coated my belly nicely! I hope everyone is enjoying the start of their weekend. I'm off to catch up on some blog reading!!!

Bye for now!!




10 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm pudding oats!! I had some today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look sooo good..perfectly chewy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an exciting month you have ahead! What kind of party does DD want to have? Yummy looking cookie and what a great way to end the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you liked those cookies! I had a hard time picking a flavor... maybe you'll get oatmeal raisin next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy pudding oats! And that tuna salad....looks delicious, I haven't had it for ages!
    oh...I need to make the cornbread soon, hopefully this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm pudding!! May is definitely a busy month but it's such a great time of year - spring is springing :)

    Sometimes when I get really hungry, I have chest pains as well. Don't know why that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, totally love tuna salad, and mmm to the fresh fruits. Totally want those cookies too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally need to make that cornbread! did you have the nutritionals for it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That clif bar is the one I got on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart last month! 89 cents each!!! I love it!

    May is going to be a great month!!!
    The 10th is my nephew's birthday :)

    Congrats on 11 years this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear, I lived off tuna sandwiches growing up. It it definitely one of my favourites. It's strange I don't eat them as often anymore - although perhaps a good thing, so I don't accumulate a ton of mercury in my system!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!