Tuesday, May 19, 2009

OUCH!!

The whole 4 days that I was off I was awake no later then 6:30am. Today that I had to go back to work, I could barely drag my butt out of bed by at 6:30. Funny games the mind and body play sometimes! I had my most favourite (at this point in time) oat combo for breakfast!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-PB2
-banana
-carob chips
I’m almost out of PB2 so I think I’d better get a move on buying some more!

Nothing new and exciting to report about work today. Same ole, same ole! I did snack on my dates before the gym! Miss those pictures??? Here they are! :)
It was nice to get back into the gym at lunch. I decided to do a long run at a slower speed (keeping my ankles in mind). I’ve eaten cake for the past 4 days in a row and I needed to sweat it out! :)

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 158
Max Hr: 174
Calories Burned: 455
Distance: 4.25 miles

Pretty respectable, if I do say so myself!

I made the biggest, tastiest salad for my lunch today! I was SO excited about it all morning and could hardly wait for lunch time! I saved my container from that pathetic McDonald’s salad I had over the weekend and filled it with romaine, spinach, chicken breast, green beans, strawberries, orange and blueberries. I topped it off with the last of the Newman’s Thai dressing from Mickey D’s. Just look at how gorgeous this was…I devoured every last delicious bite! And the container fit the perfect amount of goodness in. I packed way more in there than the original salad amount for a whole lot cheaper! Imagine that! Okay, I’m done bashing that particular fast food chain.

Later in the afternoon I munched on a fruit salad that contained strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and the other half of the dragon fruit chopped up.
How vibrant is that? My body is SO thankful for the return of lots of fresh veggies and fruits today, I tell ya!! I also had ½ of a banana bread mini loaf.
This was the one with the dried fruit in it. I still had some naners left so I decided to make a double batch of banana bread when I got home from work to use them all up. Again, I used my mini loaf pans to get 16 “slices”.

I added 2/3 of a cup of carob chips to the whole kit and caboodle this time (I usually add a 1/3 cup per batch). The fam is clueless about the carob and I’m not going to say a thing! :) Here's one tray hot out of the oven!
For dinner I enjoyed another Yves veggie dog. On the side I mashed up about 1 cup of leftover mixed vegetables and combined it with a ¼ cup of oat bran that was seasoned with some cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. There’s also a little honey mustard on the plate for hot doggie dipping.
Now, I know that this looks positively nasty, but it was really good! The oat bran/veg mixture was very creamy and had a nice mild flavour to it. Let's face it, a naked hotdog ain't a pretty sight! My sweet end was sweet looking, though! I warmed up the other half of my banana loaf from this morning, surrounded it with the berries I didn't finish this afternoon and gave it a drizzle with this Maple Cappuccino Sauce....
Now this was a great, eye pleasing way to finish off my meal!
Does that make up for the dinner pic???

I took DD with me to my physio appointment tonight because we were hitting the store so she could do some damage to her birthday gift certificates. "A" decided to try the acupuncture on my ankles again, hence the title of this post!
Please ignore my ugly feet...but I wanted to take a shot of the needles for ya! DD was a little concerned but got over it when she saw that I wasn't in any pain.

After she was done her shopping, I popped over to the Bulk Barn as it is conveniently located in the same plaza. I found a few more goodies that you will be seeing on the blog over the next few days. Let's just say that I added to a certain "collection" of mine and bought a new grain to try. How's that for a teaser?

It's 9pm now and we just got home. I've got the kettle going for a hot chocolate and then I plan on doing a bit of reading because my hubby is watching hockey. I know some of you out there are hockey fans, but I've had enough already!! :0 Anyways, I hope you've all had a pleasurable evening!

Bye for now!!


11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love getting acupuncture!! i'm interested to see the new grain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEKKKK that is so hardcore with the acupuncture! I am afraid of needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maple... Cappuccino... sauce? Are you serious? that sounds positively amazing!

    And that acupuncture looks positively painful! Yikes! I'm glad it wasn't but seriously, I don't know if I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh i love the looks of that fruit salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are so creative with your food, I love it. I've got to try dragonfruit, I've never even heard of it! IT looks crazy, but tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy looking salads. Although I've never tried a chicken salad with so much fruit. I have apples, mango and clementines, I wonder if that would work. Doesn't the dragon fruit look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your lunch salad combo, so pretty!!! And that fruit bowl is even more amazing!! I miss dragon fruit now!
    Oat bran mixed with veggies? so interesting! a good excuse to have oat twice a day!
    and that dessert plate is gorgenous!! just made your dinner a perfect ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Krista, haven't visit you for awhile. Here I am starring at your feet, and thinking omg, I wonder if I am brave enough to do the same. I am afraid of needle, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely blog, Krista! I am happy I found you via Tritocook; I am now following.

    The oat bran--hot dog photo is hilarious. I make a lot of vegtable puree concoctions, too, to get in my veggies, and while I think they are delicious, my husband usually gags just looking at them. He does not know what he is missing!

    Camilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and savory salads are amazing! And I do not think I'd ever be brave enough to try acupuncture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find your hot dog dinner picture way too amusing for some reason. I must say though, I used to eat naked hot dogs myself with mustard for dipping, so I understand.

    Accupuncture is one thing I've never tried - do you find it helps? I wonder if it ever would have done anything for my car accident injuries.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!