Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No Bills in the Mail Today!

WOW-EEE, I woke up feeling great again today!! I did have to get up a bit earlier because DD’s class went on their field trip to Medieval Times in Toronto today and she had to be at the school by 8:10am. While at the health food store Monday night (that’s where I found the $1.99 Almond Breeze) I stocked up on kamut flakes so that’s what went into my bowl this morning.
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup kamut flakes
-cinnamon
-blueberries
-banana
-unsweetened almond breeze
-slivered almonds to garnish
I really like the kamut flakes for their chew. They really hold their shape and texture. You can read all about kamut right here. I’m sure these can be used other ways, but I’ve never tried. I think I will Google some different recipe ideas. Anyone out there use kamut for anything other than breakfast???

The morning at work was spent doing some heavy auditing before we ran our payrolls. Checking everything back is not my favourite part of the job!! I get bored easily with it and then my body thinks it’s hungry when I know it’s not! Hence the following photo of some Swedish berries;
The afternoon was busier in a different, better way!! Before making my way to the gym I ate my usual Parnoosh dates….
I knew I had to give my ankles a break after yesterday’s jog so I opted for 30 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes of strength exercises….AKA, catching up on the BBBC! Here’s what I did;

*2 sets of 10 step lunges with 5lb weights
*3 set of 10 BOSU squats
*3-30 sec reverse planks
*2 sets 30 reverse crunches
*1 set 30 crunches
*3 sets 10 (girly) push ups
*3 sets 10 tricep dips

I am loving the BOSU squats! They are so challenging and fun to do.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 133
Max Hr: 166
Calories Burned: 321

Lunch was nothing special at all. I ate the other half of the Amy’s lentil soup from yesterday with 2 more kamut bread sticks.
You can see that only half of one bread stick made it into the picture! I was hungry!! :) My lunch dessert today was ½ of a banana dried fruit loaf…
So. Good. And best of all….nobody even noticed that I used baby food prunes in them! Tricky, tricky! Before leaving work I ate pretty much what was the last bit of fresh fruit in the house…an apple and an orange…
Before I left the house this morning I put a pork roast in the crock pot so that we could enjoy pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Half way through the day I realized that we had no buns so I stopped by the grocery store on my way home to buy some. While there I picked up some fruit for tomorrow and some wraps for my supper sammie. These are the kind that I buy...
I mixed 3oz of pork with a 1/4 cup of Memories of Damascus BBQ sauce and served it up in a wrap with a LC cheese wedge. Fiddle heads completed the meal!
My sweet end was these 2 Lindor chocolate....YUM!
As the title of this post alludes to, I had happy mail today!!!
First up was a package from Full Bar which contained 2 bars and 2 packets of water flavouring. You can learn more about Full Bars here and I will be sure to do a review as soon as I try them out. That chocolate one looks awesome!
The second parcel was from Flanigan Farms and had 3 packs of their nut mixes to try out. They were also kind enough to send me quite a bit of information about their product. Here is a link to their site.
DS loves nuts and wanted to try the almonds so I opened that pack and had 2 almonds. I was lucky to get those because the little bugger snuck off and ate the whole pack!!! Guess that means they were pretty darn good almonds, eh?! Again, I will be trying these mixes out over the next few days and will let you know what I think about them then.

Tonight is swimming lesson night so I'm off to the pool for an hour to read, I mean watch the kids swim. There's not too much planned after that. Tomorrow is only a half day for me as I booked the afternoon and Friday off work to get things ready for DD's birthday celebrations this weekend. Enjoy your evening!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead! I bought kamut flakes on the weekend - I am going to try them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very interested to see what you think of the fullbars... I've heard mixed things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - FUN packages!! Can't wait for the reviews! I say this every time but I just love those little loaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about the Full bar!

    I really want to try Kamut flakes! I have had kamut puffs and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kamut flakes look chewy! I need to find them! :)
    great package in the mail!!!~~~ I like the packaging of those full bars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried kamut flakes. looks very yummy!
    wow...all these cool packages! you're a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Medieval Times! Hahaha Ive never been but I hear it's hilarious! Your w/o sounds great! Way to take it easy on the ankles.
    I'm glad you appreciate my humor. :) Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha Medievil Times is EVIL. Damn chicken on the bone and no utensils! Your oats look extra good this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE foodie packages!

    What in the world is a fiddle head?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome that you found Almond Breeze so cheap! I love it but I have to say, I cannot have it in my hazelnut coffee... way too nutty!!

    I LOVE Lindt chocolates!! Steve and I both love them and we are going to try to find a way to incorporate them in the wedding somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for samples - I haven't heard of either of those brands before, so I'll be looking forward to your reviews :)

    And I gave my mom Lindor chocolates as well on Mother's Day. They are some of my favourite chocolates.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!