Sunday, May 3, 2009

Name that Baby!

I'm not feeling 100% today but I still wanted to post because I got some really great picture of the baby horse while out at the farm this morning! Now that I've got carob chips back in my pantry I was able to bring back my favourite breakfast combo!!!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-banana
-2 tbsp PB2
-carob chips
Love it, love it, love it!!!

I found myself itching for a snack last night so I warmed up the last piece of sweet potato bread and spread some cinnamon honey on it..
This ended up being a tasty flavour combo!

After breakfast we made our way to the farm, very excited to meet the newest addition. He hasn't been named yet so if you think you've got a great name for him after you see the picture's, please let me know!!! A few have been batted around....Panda, Kaleidoscope, Pewter....let's see what YOU think!



God...isn't he the CUTEST?! You can see in the picture where my MIL is holding him that he really is the size of a mid to large dog and he is so, so soft! His Mama is in one of the photos, too. She was really good about letting us man handle her baby. He was born on Thursday....

I had a few cookies with my tea at the farm and wasn't very hungry for lunch as a result. I made myself a small treat that included a 1/2 cup of FF cottage cheese, pear ginger jam and a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.

I haven't had cottage cheese in so long that I forgot how much I love it!!! I got busy doing yard work in the backyard after eating. After 1.5 hrs I had quite a bit accomplished, but weariness took me over like a slap to the head!! As I mentioned yesterday, I've been battling a cough for the past few days and my body finally gave up the goose. I got cleaned up, made a coffee and grabbed a small piece of Halvah...
then took my book out to the front porch and read for an hour. Just what the doctor ordered!! :) My MIL stopped by later in the day to pick up some perennials that we had for her and before she left we twisted her arm into trying a new ice cream my hubby found yesterday....Banana Cream Pie! I had a small scoop, of course!
This is the Breyers Double Churned brand and it was FABULOUS!!! I'm not an ice cream addict, but I love me a blizzard from DQ and that's what this reminded me of!

I still wasn't too hungry by our usual dinner time. I guess I had too many snacks over the course of the day! DD spent the afternoon at a friends house and ate her dinner there so it was just me and the boys. When I finally decided to eat I felt like soup so I made a can of Amy's lentil soup. The men in my life decided to make "pizza's". All they did was spread tomato sauce on the bread and top it with turkey pepperoni and cheese. Looked pretty decent so I made some for myself, too!
My sweet end was these Parnoosh dates.
My parents are out for dinner tonight so we'll be skipping our weekly visit. Just as well because all I plan on doing tonight is sitting on the couch like a lump. The Race is on tonight which should make for some good TV watching!!! Please enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll catch ya all tomorrow!!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a cutie he is! Pewter sounds to me like a great name. And I'm pretty sure banana cream pie ice cream sounds like the best thing ever!!

    P.S. Super cute penguin mug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute little guy! cant wait to hear what you name him. also your penguin coffee mug is amazingly rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those horses are so adorable, awww! Have a great night relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say, every single thing in this post looks and sounds insanely delicious! Fantastic eats :)

    What a cute horse!! Let us know what you end up naming him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby horse!!! Oh my gosh, love him! I liked the name Pewter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute horse!!! :) horay for snacky day!
    hope you feel better tomorrow!
    oh... I made the cornbread, it was fabulous!!!!! I'll post it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better!

    The carob chips in the oatmeal look awesome! Do you let them melt and then stir them in? YUM!

    The baby horse is out of this world cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...I LOVE Bryers Double Churn. My favorite is the chocolate fudge brownie. Have you posted the recipe for the sweet potato bread? That sounds delicious, and healthy, great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute baby horse! i've been seeing lots of them in the fields around our property lately!

    and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet horse! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, soooo adorable!!!!! I want to go there!!!
    And awwwh hope you feel better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penguin mug - jealous right here. It is way too adorable. Sort of like the horse, but it's a penguin, and therefore slightly better in my books ;)

    I like your psuedo-pizzas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could find that ice cream in the US! Definitely sounds like a good swap because I am a fellow DQ addict! =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is so cute!! Pewter is a great name. I would hug him all day long if he lived near me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That baby horsie is one of the cutest things ever. "Pewter" would be an awesome name. How about "Earl Grey"? Maybe I just like tea too much... :-)

    I want to try that ice cream. It sounds totally delish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! He looks like a Georgie to me, but I can't wait to hear what you name him!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!