Saturday, May 16, 2009

11 Years and a Cake

DD's sleepover went well last night! I gotta say, slumber parties are sure different for when I was a kid! My kids do not have cell phones, but 2 of the girls at the party did and the thumbs were a-flying! A very strange sight for me! The girls were ready for breakfast around 8 so I cooked up the french toast and put the fruit salad out. Turns out one kid didn't like French toast so she ate Honey Nut Cheerios instead. Here's a shot of DD's plate...
And here she is opening her presents! (They did this last night)
And as promised, the Chocolate Extreme Blizzard ice cream cake photo!
This is one rich cake! I'm a chocolate lover (DUH!), but not a huge fan of ice cream so I only had a small sliver which was just enough. I find that ice cream makes me terribly thirsty. I chugged a bottle of water after eating this which is very unusual for me!

For my breakfast I made myself a bowl of oat bran using 1 cup of water, a 1/3 cup of oat bran, cinnamon, PB2 and carob chips.
So, today is our 11th wedding anniversary. We don't really do anything "special" for the day, never have. I think part of that is because DD was born 4 days after our first anniversary so it has kind of always got lost in her b-day weekend. We might do dinner tomorrow....all depends on how the day goes! Also, there's really nobody to watch the kids for us so going out alone is tough. One day!!! I wanted to share some then & now picture's of us, though! Scanners are great!

Then:


Now:
I didn't really get hungry for lunch at all but knew I needed to eat something or I'd pick all afternoon. By 1pm I decided on some cottage cheese with a scoop of pineapple jam and diced strawberries.
I also ate a piece of WW bread with the last of my homemade PB but didn't bother with a boring old photo of it.

We did nothing for the rest of the afternoon which left me feeling really antsy. The only cure for that is getting in the kitchen and baking. I've been wanting to make Veggie Girl's Caramel Banana Bread and reasoned that that DD's birthday would be the perfect occasion for it! We have family coming over tomorrow so this really was perfect timing. I pretty much followed the recipe except that I cut out the oil and used a 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce. I also used 1 jar of butterscotch sauce because I that's what I bought and didn't realize it until I got home! Ooops!
I also cooked it in a 9x9 pan and cut the baking time down to 45 minutes. OH! And I added a 1/3 cup of chopped almonds! Here it is fresh out of the oven.
I'll have to post the photos of it served up with tomorrow's post.

While at Angela's yesterday we chatted a bit about tea. I told her that I probably had 10 different flavours of STASH at home and when I checked I was close...I have 9. Here they are...
Pomegranate raspberry, chamomile, chocolate mint, coconut mango, peppermint, holiday chai, chocolate hazelnut, lemon ginger and pumpkin spice. I think it's safe to say that this is my favourite brand of tea!

There were some leftovers in the fridge that needed to be dealt with so that's what I had for dinner. There was some pulled pork and fiddle heads which I paired with some oh so easy to make WW couscous...
I had another piece of ice cream cake for dessert tonight.
This looks pretty big, but it wasn't at all. It was smaller than yesterday's portion and just enough. My hubby is an ice cream fanatic, so he took care of most of the cake. His metabolism allows him to do that!! Lucky duck.

My parents just left and I'm actually feeling quite bored! I'm not used to be in the house all day and it's playing with my head. I feel like going out, but there's really not much to do at this point. *SIGH* I told my hubby that I want to go on a trip to Ikea first thing tomorrow so we can be home in time for the family to come by and celebrate DD's b-day....again. She's pretty beat out right now. Actually, comatose would be a better word to describe her state! She'll be off to bed shortly for a good night's sleep. Be sure to check back in tomorrow as I will be doing a product review, taste testing the caramel banana bread and trying a new food out. Don't miss it!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. happy anniversary to such a great-lookin couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all that stash tea!! which one is your fav & where do you buy them!? i neverrrr see them anywhere! haha i'll come babysit so you can go and celebrate with your hubs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a boyfriend of three years who eats everything and anything, he's a stick! That's the one thing I am jealous of about men :) But women still rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous pictures! and your daughter looks so much like you! She totally has your eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Look beautiful in both your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, and happy birthday to DD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOHOOO for double celebrations - a Happy Birthday to your daughter and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 11 years to you and your Hubby Krista!! I can't wait until Steve and I are celebrating 11 years together.. and then even more :)

    Looks like your daughter had fun. I know what you mean about the cell phones.. each child in my class has one! It's so weird to see. I never had one until I was like 18?!

    LOVE your stash of STASH :) I didn't see some of those flavours in the stores when I was home at Easter. Chocolate mint and chocolate hazelnut stick out to me most! Oh and peppermint of course!

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary Krista!!! You look exactly the same in those two pics!!!! how did you do to keep so young and beautiful after these years!? you need to give me tips!!! :)
    looking forward to see your product review and the rest of birthday/anniversary party! :) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 11th anniversary. You and hubby look great in your wedding pics and your recent pic. Glad to hear the slumber party went well and that your daughter had wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! You and your hubs look fantastic! Happy birthday to your daughter - glad she had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again, what a great weekend! Happy birthday to your little lady and HAPPY anniversary! Can I just say- I think you look even better now than you did on your wedding day! You are one gorgeous lady. mmm ice cream cake! I agree though, a thin slice is more than enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary :D

    I'm pretty sure I'm going to make my parents get me that cake for my birthday in August. I haven't had a birthday cake in forever, and ice cream cake is my fave (probably because my birthday is in the summer). Mmmmm, chocolate overload.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for such wonderful recipes..il surely try them out...Please check out the blog mentioned below its really cool....!!!im sure you'll love it!!!

    www.stay-sharp.in

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!