Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

Whoa, it was a wet one today! The skies sure did open up, but the weekend is looking good and that’s all that matters. A bonus to all this rain is that my veggies and flowers will get the drink they need to give them a good strong start (and I don’t have to stand there with the hose at night)!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup kamut
-cinnamon
-banana
-blueberries
-peanuts
Have I mentioned before how much I love kamut flakes???

Boy, did I ever get busy with rhubarb last night…and I didn’t even bake anything! I stood at the counter for an hour and a half cleaning and dicing it. I ended up with 3 six cup freezer bags full and there’s probably another 10 cups that I left in the fridge that I set aside for future “projects”. I also found a wooden tea box that I forgot we had and decided that it was time to put it back into use! It was bought filled with TAZO tea and now it’s a home for all my STASH tea, as well as some Tim Horton’s Chai and a few TAZO stragglers.
Now my tea is much handier than when it was all in individual boxes. And it looks nice, too!

I ate my dates before the gym today…
I did a longer run today and felt really good. I started out at 5.6mph and bumped it up by 1 every 5 minutes until I got to 6.2mph. That’s the fastest I’ve gone since my ankle issues. I was running a 9.13 minute mile before and it is my goal to get back up to that….slowly. I also did 5 minutes of balance work on the BOSU that I learned at physio last night. Great for the ankle and my core!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 161
Max Hr: 181
Calories Burned: 476
Distance: 4.31 miles

I prepared a marvelous salad last night, too!
-romaine
-cucumber
-orange
-leftover chicken from last night
-strawberry pomegranate dressing
So refreshing! The only sucky thing was that I forgot my fork and had to eat it with a spoon. Not easy or fun. I already put a fork in my bag so I don’t forget it again tomorrow. Lunch dessert was a rhubarb square;
Much easier to eat with a spoon! And later on in the day I munched on some of this watermelon;
Somebody left some STASH tea bags in the kitchen at the office this aft. Are they crazy? There were 2 flavours and I grabbed a few of each…duh!
The fam had sausages for supper tonight so I pulled out a Lean Cuisine cannelloni meal for myself. I served it up with a good 2 cups of steamed frozen veggies;
This was GOOD! I really enjoyed this entree and it was the perfect size. For dessert, I had some of this....
It's called "Rhubarb Rumble". It was simple to make and I had all the ingredients on hand. I changed it up a wee bit so here's my version;

-3 cups chopped rhubarb
-1 pkg orange jello powder
-1.5 cups skim milk
-1 pkg of Kraft SF, FF cheesecake flavoured pudding


I completely omitted the crust, dishing up 1/2 cup servings into 6 bowls. I followed all the directions for making it. I'm not 100% sure what I think about this yet. Mind you, it's suppose to sit in the fridge until it sets up so my serving was still pretty runny. I had a scoop of Cool Whip Free on top to make it purdy and all. I'll save my "for real" review until I try it tomorrow! Just an FYI...I ran my version through Spark People's recipe calculator and came up with 59 cal, 0.3g fat and 1.2g fibre. It's a lightweight!!!

Well, lovelies, I'm of to the pool for the kidlet's swimming lessons. You can be sure that I'll be watching SYTYCD when I get back!! Enjoy the night!

Bye for now

14 comments:

  1. Your lunchy salad looks awesome- I put fruit in almost all of my salads now! I love the sweetness and the crunch! Another great rhubarb recipe- love that its low cal too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An hour and a half of chopping?! Way to go!! The Type A in me loves how organized your tea stash is :)

    Hope the kids had a great lesson!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was rainy and nasty here, too :( I really need to try some kamut flakes!

    Wow, 1 1/2 hours preparing rhubarb?? Crazy! You are dedicated. Glad to hear your run went well.

    That rhubarb dessert looks delicious! Have a great night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that rhubarb jello thing! I want one, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a tea fiend!

    PS - I don't know if I'm the only one, but often when I come to your site to comment, it crashes on me and I can't access it, or it crashes when I'm trying to post. Not sure what's up, but wanted to give you the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Miami but am from Buffalo NY so seeing your Tim Hortons gave me a sudden pang of homesickness, not that I miss the cold but I would love some Tim Hortons coffee!

    p.s. I have been secretly stalking, I mean reading your blog for awhile now and I love it. Keep the Clean Eating recipes coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tea stash--I need to get mine organized too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tea box! Isn't it awesome to have in the kitchen?? Your stash collection is amazing! Have you tried mixing two flavours of tea?

    I usually like to mix a fruity one with peppermint or green tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that tea box!!! I'm such a tea love, I have like 10 varieties at one time but actually have one kind per a while (yes, I know I'm weird).
    salad with spoon? mmm.... not fun! I need to begin to bring my lunch to work, so I'd better not forget to bring folk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rhubarb rumble. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm now I want a salad super bad! haha love your stash addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a LOT of rhubarb :) love your tea box, too! i wish mine were individually wrapped but i have alot of the round containers...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh please can I have your tea stash? I'll love you forever :)
    BTW I love your chicken salad

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the tea box. So much better than a plastic tub or something like that!
    Nice nutritionals on the dessert! Love rhubarb :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!