Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to the Doctor

Monday, Monday! Man, that weekend just whizzed by, didn’t it?? The power must’ve gone off for a minute or two throughout the night because my alarm didn’t go off and when I woke up (pretty much on time, thankfully) the numbers were flashing. Great way to start the week, eh?! By the time breakfast rolled around, I was a bit behind so while it was delish, I didn’t really have the time to enjoy it.
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-banana
-blueberries
-True North nut “crumbs”
Heads up for all my Canadians readers!! I contacted True North to see if they sell their products in Canada and was told that they just started selling at Walmart, Safeway, Sobeys and Loblaws! Keep your eyes open for them!!

Work was pretty uneventful. I’m still coughing and hacking so I decided it was time to so see the doc again. The only good thing about that is that I left work at 2:30 instead of 4! I did eat some dates mid morning…
So, the doc told me pretty much what I already knew to be true....bronchitis. The upside is that it got caught in the early stages. Bronchitis and I are old friends. From the time I was 14 until my mid twenties, I had it every winter. No joke. This is the third time since 2003. Blah. I got me some drugs, though so I should be up and running soon enough! Needless to say, no gym for me today. Jeez!! I’m a total wreck these days! Instead, I went home and crashed on the deck with my cats and a magazine. It’s was the perfect weather for that.

I ate lunch back at work. I brought the last little bit of dinner leftover from Saturday and served it over some WW couscous.
Then I ate a nice big bowl of sweet berries….strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
I’m so glad that all my favourite fruits are all coming back into season now! After leaving my appointment I ate a piece of Blueberry Almond cornbread that I had packed as a pre gym snack;
I spent more time on the deck in the sunshine when I got back from my appointment. Gotta soak up that vitamin D! The kids were at my parents so I took advantage of the quiet. :) Soon enough I had to go get them to take DD to dance. When DS and I got home I cooked up a cod fillet for dinner along with re-heated roasted potatoes and steamed veggies. I put a dollop of Caramelized Onion Sabra hummus on the plate for dipping purposes.
Then I enjoyed two sweet ends! First up was a Raspberry Cravings cheesecake.
Then I allowed every single bite of this luscious mint chocolate to melt in my mouth...
HEAVEN. I tell ya, Mara is the queen of great treats!! Now I am off to pick DD back up and then I have my first physio appointment at 7:20. I'll be sure to give you an update tomorrow. Enjoy the beautiful weather....if you have it....and have a great night!

Bye for now!!


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bronchitis!
    Get well soon Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your physio appointment goes well. Sorry to hear about your bronchitis, I hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, we used to call bronchitis "having a case of brontosaurus"! I'm so glad you're loving all the treats! Have you tried halvah oats yet?? DANGEROUSLY GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My beautiful weahter has gone to crap, and I think it's supposed to stay that way all week. Uncool.

    Too bad about the bronchitis. But hey, at least it's not swine flu!

    And I spy potatoes on your plate...hmmm, I thought you weren't a potato gal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I hope the medicine works and you feel better soon!! Great fresh berries mmm I am seeing some in my future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I'm sorry you have bronchitis again :( I hope you feel MUCH better!! If not, I'm sure a mint melt away will help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the heads up about True North!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh... bronchiti, sorry for that, I hope it goes away soon!
    love your dinner plate, all of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!