Friday, May 8, 2009

Made it to Friday

Finally Friday….HEEHAW! It’s not even like I have any major plans to be excited for….I’m just glad the weekend is here. Today stared out sunny and warm, but it was thundering pretty good by 3pm. Ugh...Our car went to the shop last night for a break job so the kids and I drove my hubby into work this morning. Because the morning routine was a little wonky, I grabbed a freezer portion of Pumpkin Pie oats to eat at work.
I plumped them up with some unsweetened almond breeze and topped it off with a walnut half.
I think I have one left in the freezer which means I need to pull the crock pot out and make another batch!

Before bed last night I had some major hunger going on. I’ve come to the conclusion that the meds are making me tired and hungry. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! I didn’t want anything heavy in my belly before bed so I made a bowl of air. By this I mean 1 cup of puffed millet and ½ cup puffed wheat with a ½ cup of unsweetened almond breeze….
I drizzled a wee bit of SF maple syrup over top for some sweetness.

Can you guess what my snack was? Can I be any more predictable? Here’s my dates!
No gym for me again today. I went to Walmart instead, you know, to spend money I don’t have? Hehe! Actually, I only came out $25.00 poorer. I got a cute glass bowl for two bucks and a nice T-shirt for DS that was on clearance for $5. I also picked up Mother’s Day cards and a b-day card fro my brother who celebrates his birthday on Mother’s Day. Mission accomplished.

I warmed up my lunch when I got back seeing as I was over by the kitchen anyways. I packed the last bit of last nights veggies and couscous and the remaining hunk of chicken from the night before…
Pretty good lunch! My lunch dessert…like I really needed one….was a banana currant “loaf”.
I’m real impressed with the way these turned out! Lots of banana flavour with little bursts of currant tartness and saltiness from the sunflowers seeds.
I should’ve only eaten half, though, because I was a little too full when I finished. Oh, well!

Before leaving to pick up my hubby and then to Pilate’s, I ate some cantaloupe and kiwi salad.
Mmmm…..pretty colours, eh? I also ate a scoop of homemade PB to go. This combo held me over well until i got home from Pilate's.

Because it was only me for dinner, I made my favourite quick meal.....egg whites on a toasted WW bagel with Sabra hummus and a LC cheese wedge...
I chased that with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a dollop of ED Smith triple berry jam on top.
Not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the night. It's seems to be clear outside again so maybe I'll read a bit on the front porch before settling in to some more TV time. I am looking forward to my body clock waking me up tomorrow instead of an alarm clock! Anybody have any fun plans this weekend???

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Ah those mini loaves! I love them - they're the perfect size!!

    I'm liking the CC for a snack ;) This weather is crazy! Rain/sun/rain/sun/etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum those little loaves are cute and look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg sandwich is my best friend, love it. I've never added hummus, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple Syrup drizzled over cereal!? Great idea! I love the little loafs! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the eats...especially the little banana loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a hunger monster the past two days too- not sure whats up with that! I am SO glad its the weekend- why did this week feel so long? Hope you guys have fun whatever you end up doing. Those little nana loaves are so cute- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mini loaves! They are way too cute.

    And I am so glad it's the weekend. Today was ridiculous at work. Plus I get to go home to my parents' this weekend, and sit in the hot tub, so really, how could it be bad? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the loaves!!! SO MUCH FOOD PLANNED THIS WEEKEND, I don't know how i'll handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those mini loafs.... so cute!!!
    hope you feel better soon and get off the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This weekend will be pretty relaxing I think. Last weekend we had lots going on so I don't mind!

    Hope you have a nice one anyways :)
    That loaf looks so yummy! I think it'd be fab with some peanut butter slathered on top haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little loaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMMm, everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!