Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two New Babies and Fun Mail!

Before I get started today I wanted to thank Coco for giving me this ever so cute friend award the other day!
Also, Marianne gave me this award a few weeks ago and I totally forgot to post about it! DOH!
Thanks, Marianne!!!! When I started blogging last August I didn’t realize how many new friendships I’d be making along the way! This has really been a fun ride so far and I hope it continues on for much longer!

Next up is my snack from last night because it coincides with breakfast. I finally got around to making the tofu pudding that I’ve been drooling over at Marianne’s blog the past few weeks!
This flash infused photo does no justice to how awesome the pudding was. I followed Marianne’s method using a 1/3 cup silken tofu, 1 tbsp Cocoa Camino dark hot chocolate mix, splash of USVAB, a squirt of agave and a scoop of my homemade maple cinnamon almond butter. To. Die. For! I couldn’t eat it all so I saved the remaining ¼ cup for my oats this morning…..
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-1/4 cup tofu pudding
-banana
-pecans
I seriously did not want this bowl to end. Ever. Talk about dessert for breakfast! I wanted to mention that I blended up the pudding in the Magic Bullet which worked really well.

I satisfied my sweet tooth this morning with a helping of dried figs…
It’s such a dreary and wet day out today that even if I wanted to skip the gym, there was nowhere to go without getting soaked! This kind of weather usually gives me a bit of a headache and today was no exception so I decided to go on the elliptical for 30 minutes. If you’ve been reading, you’ll know that I like to close my eyes while on this machine and that always eases headache symptoms. I also got semi caught up with the BBBC

*3 sets of 30 mountain climbers
*3 sets of 50 bent leg raises with 5lb weights
*3 sets of 12 lying hip raises
*2 minutes ab blasting video moves done 3 times
*3 sets of 10 BOSU squats

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 152
Max Hr: 180
Calories Burned: 424
Distance: (on elliptical) 3.4 miles

For me there’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a rainy day so that’s exactly what I ate. I bought a can of Amy’s vegetable soup that was 50% off the other day and chowed down on that. Not sure why it was reduced….the expiry date was Dec 2011! Oh, well….who am I to look to deeply into a deal?
I have to say that as basic as alphabet soup is, this was fantastic! It was loaded with veggies and noodles and had a great rustic tomato taste. I’d buy this one again for sure. I split this carob chip banana bread mini loaf (that’s a mouth full!) in half and ate part of it before the gym and the rest for lunch dessert.

Quick little side note here. When I was in grade 4 the word “dessert” was on our spelling list. I don’t quite remember now but I think more than a few of us spelled it wrong on the test and the teacher told us that an easy way to remember how to spell it was that “dessert” has 2 s’s because everybody wants seconds of it. I never, ever spelled it wrong again! Funny how sometimes little things stick with us for life, eh???

The receptionist went home sick this afternoon so I had the pleasure of covering the phones for an hour. Not my favourite job, but it was a change of scenery! I actually don’t mind helping out…she’s a pretty nice lady, after all! When I got back to my desk I enjoyed some more watermelon for a snack but accidentally deleted the photo. And how could I almost forget to show off the Lily of the Valley that my hubby pulled last night???
I didn't want the cats (meaning Pepper) to knock it over while we were gone so I brought it to work with me.

I had TWO awesome packages waiting for me when I got home! Julie and I did a blogger exchange and I'm over the moon with all the TJ's goodies I got!! Check out some of this stuff !
Candied Ginger and dried dragon fruit (can't wait to try these out!!!)
TJ's raw almond butter
Soyjoy bars, a Clif bar, a 9 bar, z bars and jelly bellies
DarkBelgian chocolate covered almonds, Baja Bob's margarita mix and caramel bites. How lucky am I? The 4 of us already dove into the almonds and caramel bites. So, so good! I snuck the rest of the almonds into my hubby's lunch box so that I don't eat them all! The next bit of mail was from Janny at POM Wonderful. Inside the envelope I found 4 coupons for some free POM juice and helpful info about the company and the product.
It certainly was my lucky day! Thanks to both gals for the fabulous treats!!

I was a muliti tasking DIVA preparing supper tonight! The kids wanted spaghetti and meatballs so it was their lucky day that I had ground chicken thawed out for dinner. I whipped up some homemade meatballs and sauce, boiled the pasta, sliced zucchini for some fries, whipped up a batch of muffins and pan cooked a Spicy Bean SOL burger for myself. Oh, and there were dishes and clean up spread out in there, too. I was glad to sit down to this delish dinner;
My burger was on a toasted Ezekiel English muffin with LC cheese, ketchup, spicy mustard and relish. I pulled out a serving of the Rhubarb Rumble from last night for dessert. It was set up perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed it tonight.
Here's a sneak peak at the muffins I made;
Can you guess what kind they are? Come back tomorrow to find out and to get the recipe! *WINK WINK* It's a GOOD one....

Before I sign off to go watch SYTYCD yet again tonight, I have more baby picture's to share! My in laws had had 2 new additions over the past week. Here's Little Red Buttons...AKA Red. He was born last Thursday;

And this here is Smoke. He was born on Sunday night;
Babies are the best!

Bye for now!!










18 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the package :) :) hope your fam and you enjoy all the goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome package!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dried ginger is def a unique taste but I love it!! Those babies are so freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the little baby ponies =) Super duper cute! I am hoping they are rhubarb muffins because I am always looking for ways to use up ALL the rhubard from our two plants--I hate seeing it not get used! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tofu pudding sounds fantastic!! That's a good spelling tip! WOW! Great packages!! Love the looks of those muffins :)

    Oh my gosh - the babies are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally scored on that blogger exchange - so many fun things :D I'm totally eyeing those caramel bites.

    Glad you like the tofudding (yes, I've decided that's what I'm calling it). It really is super tasty, and versitle!

    And I bet your muffins have rhubarb in them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pudding sounds great! Oh and I remember that "dessert" spelling tip too! Everybody wants seconds of dessert, but no one wants two deserts! I can attest to that, having lived in Arizona. Haha!

    Wow, your blogger package looks great! So many cool goodies. Ooh, that Rhubarb dessert looks amazing.

    Those babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great blog exchange package!!! so many goodies!
    that tofu pudding looks amazing! really need to try it out! :)
    and that new muffin looks so pretty, just perfect for a pinky lover like me! ;) looking forward to know the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you're making me miss TJ's so much! There is one near my university, but we don't have any in my home state...one reason to look forward to going back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The babies are adorable!!

    I think those are the banana split muffins from OSG??

    Also, cute way to remember dessert! I am going to start using that!! I ALWAYS used to spell it 'desert' haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your eats today - I love those veg burgers. Great stuff from the blogger exchange, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made your coconut lime bars and loved them! The boyfriend thought they weren't sweet enough but I was in heaven and ate half the batch in less than 24 hours! Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red buttons and smoke are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS on the awards and on recieving some great packages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the two awards! you totally deserve them!

    i loved alphabet soup when i was a kid!

    and those muffins look divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome package & bowl of oats!!
    can't wait to see how you liked the carmel bites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. dried dragon fruit! omg, that's totally COOL!!!!
    and we have the same TJ Almond butter! I LOVE it melted on top on oats.
    hee hee! alphabet soup! I don't really like tomato-y soups, but those little alphabet pasta just melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SYTYCD!!! WOOOO!

    Love the babies! :D

    Dont you hate it when the flash takes the deliciousness out of yummy food! I can soooo relate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That tofu pudding sounds amazing! I love getting packages, sometimes it just makes my day! The babies are too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!