Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wonder Drugs

The weather outside was positively gorgeous today!!! I am SO glad we are done with winter! I’m feeling better today, too which goes a long way towards my cheery manor. It’s amazing how fast medication starts to work once you take it. Here’s my breakfast;
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-banana
-big scoop homemade PB
Mmm! I stirred the PB in after I took the photo and it made the oats so incredibly creamy. This meal kept me satisfied until 1:30!!! I did partake of my usual dates mid morning, but I eat those more to please my sweet tooth than anything else.
The way I look at it, these are better for me than a handful of synthetic sugar!

I felt well enough to go to the gym today for a bit of a workout and I got the OK from my therapist, we’ll call him “A” from now on, to use the elliptical. He gave me a few stretches to do before and after I workout which I made sure to do today!! I ended up doing 30 minutes on the elliptical with the resistance at level3, then I caught myself up on all the BBBC exercises that I haven’t done since May 1. Here’s what I did;

*2 set calf raises (50 each)
*2 set lunges with 5lb weights (25 each)
*1 set of 10 “girly” push ups (I’ll get there one day!)
*2 sets tricep dips (20 each)
*100 bicycle crunches
*side planks, 30 seconds each, both sides

I need to get DD to help me with today's exercise as you need a partner to do it!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 156
Max Hr: 177
Calories Burned: 413
Distance (on elliptical) 3.4 miles

I know that my HR was higher than usual today because of the bronchitis. I was pleased that I was able to do what I did, but I won’t lie….I was pooped out afterwards.

Back to my physio, “A” also gave me acupuncture on my feet and lower legs which didn’t seem to do much, but I’ll take a wait and see approach! He set me up with a “foot” doctor so I can get started on some orthotics for my high arches. I go to that appointment May 14 and back to physio next Monday.

I packed leftovers for lunch today and let me tell you, I was NOT feeling it today! Here it is….
I ate it, but it wasn’t at all what I wanted. I don’t really even know what I wanted. I just know it was not this! Thankfully, this doesn’t happen to me very often! I did appease my mouth some with a piece of blueberry almond cornbread which served as my lunch dessert;
Afternoon snack-a-roo was a fan-taste-ic bowl of fruit!
Yumalicious!

As soon as I got home from work I changed into more comfy clothes and relaxed on the deck in the sunshine until it was time to start dinner. I may have even dozed off a little! I pulled chicken breasts out for dinner tonight and my Hubby grilled it up on the BBQ. I let it marinate for a few minutes first with PC Memories of Damascus sauce. I served my 3oz of chicken on top of a HUGE bed of spinach, tomato, cucumber, peppers and asparagus. A wee drizzle of Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola dressing finished off this massive salad.
Doesn't that look AWESOME?! My belly was pretty full after this, but I managed to make a bit of space for a small chunk of halvah....
Plans for tonight? I'm going back on the deck with a magazine while the sun is still out and then I'll be watching The Biggest Loser. I'm eager to see how they did at home for the past "30 days". Have a wonderful evening, all!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate when you bring lunch to work, and you totally aren't feelin' it. I usually end up eating it anyways, but alot of times I'll only eat half and toss the rest. Then I just sit there hungry all day. Or I suck it up and spend the money to pick something else up. But I am fortunate like you, that it doesn't happen that often.

    Good to hear you can do some more stuff at the gym. Just don't push it too hard! And enjoy that sun for me - it's raining here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're starting to slowly work your way back into the gym! Take it easy though!! It is definitely gorgeous today, enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're able to get working out again, I am still a bit sore so have taken a few days off but am anxious to exercise again! I'm excited for BL tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blueberry almond cornbread sounds good!

    Sorry about lunch, but it looked nice and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh at least that cornbread hit the spot! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when I bring leftovers for lunch and end up not wanting them! Obviously the cornbread looks awesome (as per). Great dinner salad too! Enjoy your night and biggest loser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh... oh halvah... how i love it... ALL your food looks great, and WHAT a fantastic workout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TBL is awesome right now :) I knoww you're signing up for a marathon as we speak

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating healthy also has a way of boosting your immune system, so great job on a super healthy diet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah the salad looks quite awesome.

    Glad you are feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for feeling better! And double, triple, quadruple hurray for the end of winter :o)

    It's truly amazing how long oatmeal can keep me full. That's the #1 reason I like it! Other than the fact that it tastes good, too.

    That cornbread looks so freakin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Krista, you must be in wicked shape - your workouts are always so great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so glad to know that you're feeling better and were able to even workout!
    acupuncture is a long term therapy, so I guess you'll need to wait a little bit longer to see the results.
    It happens to me sometimes too of not knowing what I want to eat, it suck.... I usually go for whatever is healthy to not feel bad later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm glad the drugs are doing their job!!

    lunch looks delicious even though you weren't feeling it. but more delicious is that blueberry almond cornbread. wowwww.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!