Monday, May 25, 2009

Name That Treat!

I saw the biggest, plumpest, most cute cotton tail rabbit in my backyard this morning!! He looked so still and peaceful. I really hope his euphoric appearance wasn’t caused by him eating my freshly planted lettuce!!! DOH!

My hubby was off work today so I knew ahead of time that getting out of bed would be a struggle. I was smart and pulled a serving of banana bread crock pot oats out of the freezer for breakfast this morning!

I added about a ¼ cup of water before heating up and added a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond breeze at the end;
Good to the last scoop!

After I posted last night we went for a leisurely walk around the neighbourhood seeing as it was such a nice night. When we got home I had a small bowl of strawberries and Cool Whip Free...
How pretty is that??!!

The morning moved along swiftly enough for a Monday which is always a good thing! I had my usual parnoosh dates mid morning, but with a twist today!

I stuffed them with almonds for some nuttiness and crunch! It’s a good thing I portioned this out at home because I could see going WAY overboard on this pairing! :)

It’s another gorgeous day out and once again I wasn’t really feeling the gym but I gave my self a pep talk which went something like, “if you’re gonna pull this “I’m not in the mood crap” every time the weather is nice, you won’t be making it into the gym much this summer!” Then I got my butt in gear. I decided on a long run today and although it was hot, I’m glad that I hammered it out!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 158
Max Hr: 172
Calories Burned: 438
Distance: 4.7 miles

My ankles are holding up well but I couldn’t wear my running shoes with the orthotics today because I’ve got an icky blister on my left heel that wasn’t playing nice. Hate that!

Before going to the gym I snacked on half of this banana bread mini loaf…

It’s the last of the ones with the dried fruit. I ate the rest of it while driving DD to dance class.

I’m not sure what to call lunch except good!! I threw a few random things together that I found in the fridge last night. Here we have about a ½ cup of WW couscous, diced tomato, some romaine hearts and cranberry walnut gorgonzola salad dressing.
I really should have added some protein to this, but alas, that is not usually fore front in my mind when preparing meals! Later on in the afternoon I enjoyed the sweetest, most delicious mango that I’ve had in a long while!
Nom, nom….

I made myself a speedy dinner tonight after DD was dropped off. Egg whites wrapped up in a WW wrap with LC cheese and Sabra hummus. On the side we have some local strawberries and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese;
I may have missed my protein at lunch but I made up for it at dinner!! No sweet end as I knew I had BOGO coupons to go get treats after soccer! *WINK WINK* You’ll have to come back tomorrow to see what I indulged in!! Hint-it’s a first of the year treat and something I only enjoy in the summer time! Have a great evening, all!!

Bye for now!!






10 comments:

  1. wow that does sound like a pretty ingenious invention stuffing almonds into dates!!!! I also love your almond milk over oats..i like doing that too, but sometimes go overboard with other toppings like cereal to give it crunch. :P I like your simple dinner! Totally what i would love!! yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is your "secret" treat is ice cream or frozen yogurt?! Something cool & delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a great dinner and treat last night!! Strawberries are so good right now! The splash of almond milk almost makes me want a bowl of oats ;)

    Hmmm...ice cream?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks delicious. I had the best mango the other day, I think they are amazing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - loving those strawberries! We planted some in our garden; hope no critters get those!

    Your banana bread looks delish, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your run went well! Sorry about the blister, though. I currently have one on my right heel! So annoying.

    That banana bread looks great, and so does the mango. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't guess what it is!?!?!?!
    But, I love your date with an almond. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a tease! I want to know what the treat is. I would guess Dairy Queen (because that would probably be my treat of choice), but I know you aren't a huge ice cream person.

    Damnit, now I want DQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. frozen yogurt perhaps? mmm.....whatever it is, it must be really good! :)
    Oh.... couscous, I just bought the WW couscous and haven't tried it yet, thanks for reminding me! :)
    and I think I'll be making those cute mini loaf breads since I finally got mini molds! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea with the almonds in the dates! your package should be there sooon :) I mailed it Thursday or Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!