Friday, May 15, 2009

Blogger Meet Up

Today has been a busy, but fun one!!! I had a vacation day so my morning was more leisurely than it usually is. Last night I soaked a 1/4 cup of steel cut oats in 1 cup of water with cinnamon and dried fruit. When it was time, I popped in it the microwave for 3 minutes to heat it. Even though I stopped it a few times to stir, it still blew overboard! Please excuse my less than clean bowl!
With some pecan pieces on top for crunch.
This held me over for 5 hours!

After dropping the kids off at school I was off on my most exciting errand of the day! I went to meet Angela over at Oh She Glows for the first time!!! She baked up some fabulous birthday cookies for DD's party tonight and turns out we only live about 30 minutes away from each other so I went to pick them up. Check out these GORGEOUS cupcake cookies...
DD LOVED them and is just waiting now for her girls to arrive for the sleep over so that they can all try them! They smell great so I bet they will be awesome! If you haven't already, go check out Angela's Bakery website called Glo Bakery. She's got a great variety of healthy treats there for all occasions. Angela herself is just as sweet and sincere as she is on her blog. I had the opportunity to meet her husband, Eric, as well and they are such nice people! Because Angela is so open and honest on her blog, I wasn't at all nervous going to meet her for the first time because I felt like I already knew her. I can't wait until we get together again!! THANKS for everything, Angela! It was a pleasure!! Here we are!!
On my way out of town to Angela's I drove by a river and noticed Canadian geese all over the place with their babies. I parked the van and got out to take some shots. Here's my favourite one;
As soon as I got back to my town I hit the grocery store to get food shopping out of the way. By the time I had everything put away, it was 1pm and I was ready for lunch. I made a toasted WW bagel with egg whites and something that I have seen around blogland and have been meaning to try....avocado and a LC cheese wedge. Holy man, this is one wicked good combination!! Hats off to whoever came up with this mix!
I was feeling like some chocolate (aren't I always?) so I enjoyed this Glenny's brownie that I found at the Bulk Barn;
I've had these before although it's been awhile a they are super chocolaty! Hit the spot! Back out the door I went to the movie store where I rented Bedtime Stories and Legally Blondes for the girls to watch tonight and then it was off to the mall to get a few things for tonight and I ended up finding a great pair of dress pants at Ricki's that were regular $59.00. I got them for $17.70!!! SCORE! I love a good deal, don't you?? And I am very picky with pants because my ass to waist ratio is way off so anything that goes over my bum is usually gaping at the waist. These fit like a dream! Makes me a happy girl!! Then I went to DQ to pick up DD's Chocolate Extreme Blizzard ice cream cake. I'll post photos of that tomorrow. PHEW! Tired yet? Next up was grabbing the kids from school and then we went home to give the rec room and good clean as this is were the 4 girls will be camping out tonight. We have a queen size pull out down there and there is a bathroom, all the gaming systems and the big flat screen TV. Hopefully, they stay occupied and there's no fighting!

We had burgers for dinner tonight. I ate my last SOL burger. Must buy more of those! They're great. I topped mine with Sabra hummus, hot pepper, pickles, ketchup, honey mustard, mayo and some lettuce after the photo was taken. I also had a side of sweet potato fries...
My sweet end (because I forgot about the cake we're having later...oops!) was a Cravings macaroon.
Well, DD's friends are due here in a half hour's time so I must be off to wait for them. I'll be making French toast later on tonight for their breakfast tomorrow. I'm got some nice thickly sliced bread that I will prepare as you usually would for French toast, but I'm gonna let it sit in the fridge overnight and pop it in the oven to bake in the morning. I'll also be making a fruit salad to go with it. Keep your fingers crossed that I get some sleep tonight!!!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. I wished I lived close enough for a blogger meet-up. Cute cupcakes! I loved Glenny's brownies but they have mysteriously disappeared here. Thank God I found VitaTops! Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look great - your daughters friends will love them! Love the photo of you and Angela, too cute. Get some good rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the busy day! Hope the party goes well. Those cookies are so cute! Angela is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the sleep over - I remember back in the day, I'm sure we were insanely noisy and drove my parents nuts! Ice cream cake would probably be my choice, even now, for a birthday cake :D

    And hurray for avocado/laughing cow! Creamy deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those cookies look yummy!The pic of you and Angela is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great day!!! blogger meet up, great deal hunt and that chocolate chip brownie looks delicious!!! I get super excited when I find a good deal, especially when it's about pants!!! please take a pic of your new pants to share with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look AMAZING!! She did a really good job with those! I need to try the LC/avocado combo - yum!! Hope your daughter had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doozy of a day :) but so much fun! great lookin cookies:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo of the two of you!!
    I bet DD had a great birthday party. Can't wait to hear a recap! Have a great long weekend (I hear it is raining lots?!?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ladies look great! Legally Blond is such a great movie. Nice deal on the pants honey bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two look super cute! And given that Angela says you live 20 minutes away I now realize I was crazy to think you live in Ottawa! lol All my "Ottawa is pretty too!" type comments must have seemed so strange!!! LOL :oP

    Oh and I LOVE Legally Blonde. Mostly because when I got into law school one of my best friends brought it over to my house and we watched it together. lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!