Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Double Digits

First thing I want to say today is HAPPY BIRTHDAY DD!!! Yes, my little girl has officially hit double digits!!! Here’s a little blast from the past! On Thursday, May 20, 1999 at 7:30pm I gave birth to a healthy 9lb baby girl. I will never, ever forget when the doctor handed her to me. My hubby and I were positively beaming!!! Here she is at 6 weeks old….
Fast forward 10 years….
My, how they grow!!!! I love having a daughter! She is my mall buddy, kitchen helper and if I ask her if my butt looks big in that, she is 100% honest! :-) Wanna see what I looked like a week before she made her grand entrance???
How about THAT belly?! I used to just set my dinner plate on my stomach to eat dinner. Worked like a charm! Now, on to regular scheduled blogging!

Our day started out EARLY this morning….like 5am early… because DS had a nightmare. Nothing we did kept him in bed after that. Ugh…I am SO not a morning person! You can be sure that I just lazed in bed until it was time to get up for real. I did have a great bowl of love just waiting patiently in the fridge to be heated up! I soaked some steel cut oats in ½ cup water/unsweetened almond breeze with about a ¼ cut of trail mix that I found hiding in the back of the pantry…

-1/2 cup water, unsweetened almond breeze
-1/3 cup steel cut oats
-cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract
-1/4 cup-ish trail mix
-mocha hazelnut sprinkles
Yowzers, this was one great bowl!!! I ended up with a crunchy peanut in almost every bite which made it seem like PB oats. The dried fruit plumped up beautifully and the nuttiness of the oats themselves was fantastic.

Work was tedious today only because the weather was absolutely fabulous! It’s suppose to be hot the rest of the week and the weekend. You can bet that I am looking forward to that! I plan on planting my veggie garden this weekend so maybe I’ll get some colour to my pasty white skin while I’m at it! Last year was the first in 10 that I didn’t have a garden. The house we moved into needed a whole lot of yard work done and there just wasn’t time. I’m twice as excited to plant again this year!

Here's my dates!

In the gym today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 of BBBC exercises. I can’t believe the challenge is almost over! I’ll be sure to post my measurements, good, bad or the same, June 1st. Here’s what I did today…

*side planks, 3 set of 30 seconds, each side
*3 sets of 20 calf raises (off a step)
*3 set of 15 BOSU squats
*3 sets of 50 bicycle crunches
*3 sets of 15 tricep dips
*3 sets of 15 ab dragon flags
*2 sets, 30 seconds each side plank with leg lift (holy HARD!!)

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 156
Max Hr: 181
Calories Burned: 463
Distance (on elliptical): 3.5 miles

I brought leftovers for lunch today so in lieu of subjecting you to another gross looking food photo, I’ll show you one of my purchases from the Bulk Barn last night! If you missed dinner last night, please go here, but I’m warning you that it’s not pretty!

Last night I left my purchase at “I added to my collection”. If anybody guessed a new STASH tea, you would be right! I didn’t see this flavour the other day so I’m not sure if I missed it or they just got it in. Drumroll……White Peach!
I don’t blog about what I drink in a day but every morning I fill my 3 cup Starbuck’s tumbler with tea. Today, of course, it was the peach. This is not as good as the mango coconut, but mighty fine none the less! And to be fair, the mango coconut pretty much knocks my socks off! I’m now officially up to 10 different flavours of STASH in my cupboard. YIKES!

We had a meeting at 2pm today that went until 4pm. Just before going in I enjoyed ½ of a cantaloupe and 2 chopped up kiwi’s…
Unfortunately, the kiwi's were not tasty at all! I don't think they are ripe enough yet. I didn't eat many of them.

When I got home from work I relaxed on the deck and soaked up some vitamin D. I also snacked on a banana bread loaf...
I made a most awesome dinner tonight if I do say so myself! I combined a LC cheese wedge, a 1/4 of an avocado, a 1/4 cup plain yogurt, chili powder, salt and pepper in a bowl, then I mixed it with a pack of hot Shiritaki noodles, steamed broccoli and a few shrimp.
Oh yeah, baby! This was fantastic!! I had just enough room for a small sweet end, too. A Cravings cheesecake..
This is my last one...BOO! Guess I'll have to make another trip to the store soon. Well, it's swimming lesson night and we have to drop the van off at the shop beforehand as it's getting a break job done tomorrow. I'll be home shortly after 8 and I hope it's still nice enough to sit outside and sip on a hot beverage. I hope the sun is shining where you are!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Your daughter is gorgeous and you look great in your pregnancy picture (I don't think I would have been smiling by then ;) )!

    Sorry to hear about the early morning wake up call! Hope you have a relaxing night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwww Happy birthday DD! She is growing into such a beautiful young lady (looks a lot like mama!!). Yummy dinner- sounds like a totally interesting mix

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cuteeee in ur pregger pic!! My mom always tells me that she's so blessed she has one of each kind they make but that having a girl is super special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of mocha hazelnut sprinkles, I've never heard of them but I'll have to look for them around here and put them on my oatmeal! I bet they would be great on ice cream too, and smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday DD!!! Love that pic of you with the gigantic belly! so beautiful and so happy face!! :)
    love your dinner~~~ I can imagine the cheesy flavor.... ommmmmmm...... yummy~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww happy birthday to your sweet little daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Happy Birthday DD!

    And on another note - WOW!!!! lol You looked SO pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mocha hazelnut sprinkles sound like a great addition to oats!!

    http://healthyfitmama.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some baby bump! I can't imagine being pregnant, and all the changes to your body.

    I wish we had something like your Bulk Barn - sounds like there's alot of good stuff there!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!