Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Made It Another Day

We enjoyed another glorious day of beautiful weather here in Southern Ontario! Despite my somewhat unhealthy state, this has kept me one happy camper! Although, I’m feeling better yet again today. Mornings seem to be the worst coughing wise, other than that, it’s a stuffed up nose. Anyways, enough about that….let’s move along to breakfast!!! I tried something new (to me) today—dried currants!
These guys were really just like little raisins with a bit of a bite.
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
-single serve container of unsweetened applesauce
-2 tbsp currants
-pecan pieces
Tasty, tasty bowl, I tell ya!

I felt like a small snack while watching TBL last night so I had ½ cup plain 1% yogurt, a small scoop of cinnamon honey and some Nature’s Path Red Berry Flax cereal crumbs;
Now that the weather is improving my co worker and I are able to get out for our “around the block” walks at break time again! It feels so nice to get out of the office for a few minutes and stretch. When we got back I ate my dates…
Ruth over at Plentiful Plants rolls her dates in PB2. I must try this someday soon!

I hopped on the stationary bike at the gym today for a 40 minute ride. Then I had enough time for some ab work. Gotta strengthen that core! Before I left I ate a half of a Blueberry Crisp Clif Bar…
Here’s my stats!

Time: 45 minutes
Avh Hr: 131
Max Hr: 146
Calories Burned: 290
Distance: 4.7 miles

That Clif Bar did nothing for my hunger today. By the time I left the gym I was ready to gnaw my arm off and I’m pretty sure that everyone in the building could hear my stomach growling. Not sure what was up with that, but I heated my lunch up sooner than normal! I packed my very last serving of chicken divan from the freezer with extra broccoli to beef it up.
Those random orange dots are pieces of cheddar cheese. There was a tray leftover from a meeting in the staff kitchen so I grabbed a piece. This tamed the hunger beast, but just barely! I slammed back some water and chewed a few mints just to keep my mouth busy.

I munched on my delicious fruit salad before going home. This one was 2 small oranges, blueberries and strawberries.
I leave this in my desk drawer so that by the time I eat it, it is room temp. Do you prefer your fruit cold from the fridge or on the warm side?

So, just a small sidebar here. Apparently I’m a bit of a dork as I’ve been calling Halvah Havlah since I opened it last week! DOH!! Guess I read the pack too fast and read it wrong! End of dork admission! :) Regardless, I finished it off when I got home from work!!

Dinner tonight was a SOL burger served up on a toasted English muffin with sabra hummus, a LC wedge, lettuce, ketchup and mustard. I had some orange cauliflower on the side with extra hummus for dipping and DD and I split a BBQ'd hot dog.
I adore hot dogs. I know they are crap, but I've been known to eat them straight out of the fridge, raw. I haven't eaten many dogs in the past few years so when I do, they're a real treat for me! I ate half of this coconut/mango bar from Mara for my sweet end.
It rocked in the coconut department...I had that great coconut chew, but I couldn't taste any mango at all which was disappointing. Half was plenty after a meal so I could see this bar in it's entirety being quite filling!

I'm off to the pool now for swim night....AKA...quiet reading time. I plan on an early night as I'm pretty tired and there's really nothing good on TV Wednesday nights. I might even do some baking if I'm feeling it. We'll see!! Hope you all have a great night!

Bye for now!!






15 comments:

  1. I prefer my fruit cold but room temperature isn't too bad!

    Hope you feel better soon!! Enjoy your reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally eat my fruit cold, especially if it's fruit that I've cut up already. I'll leave an apple out in my bag and eat it at room temp, but that's about it.

    I am with you on the hot dog front - I have also been known to eat them straight out of the package. Mmmm, hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're starting to feel a bit better! I'm sort of indifferent about the temperature of fruit except bananas- those should be room temp! I haven't had a hot dog in forever- they always smell awesome when they cook though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dried currants....mmmm....so interesting!! I'll look for them!
    Enjoy your night~~
    what are you reading now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bars are interesting... very coconutty! Shall I send you chocolate dipped Halvah next??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm I love currants! They are so tangy and distinct! Glad you're on the mend :)
    P.S. PB2 and dates is indeed da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm blueberry clif bar is my fav too :) no good tv on wednesday nights!!!?? LOST man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clif bars definitely don't hold me over for long enough either...i'm guessing i always have a huge sugar high and then am starved after the workout. I've tried other bars and the hunger is MUCH less pronounced! Maybe you could try another bar higher in protein and lower in sugar! :)

    Mmmmm i love your dinner ensemble!! I don't understand why swimming = reading a book? hahahh I'm missing something aren't i??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your leaf bowl--both the dish itself and its contents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm that's interesting about the fruit. I think I like it cold, but I never thought about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tried currants, and that coconut bar sounds awesome! I'm with you, definately enjoy room temp fruit :) hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an interesting idea to add applesauce to your oats! I would love to try that out!
    cheddar cheese, ooh lala!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better.

    I like fruit to be room temp or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new food find! And orange cauliflower?! Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!