Friday, April 17, 2009

Fabulous Start to the Weekend!

It’s beautiful, it’s warm AND it’s Friday!!! What more could a girl ask for? Well, a lot, actually, but I’ll definitely take this!!! Thanks to my fab package from Coco, I brought Old Wessex back into my life this morning!

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-2 tbsp PB2
-mashed naner
-carob chips
I absolutely LOVE this combo in my oats! DELISH! And I hid the chocolate covered edamame so none made it to my mouth as I was going out the door! :)

Work was pretty slow today. It always is on payday Friday! I got a lot of little picky things off my desk, though, which is great! I snacked on some prunes and a freezer muffin throughout the morning…
Seeing as today was gorgeous out and my legs were WAY too tired for a run, I decided to take a walk to Subway over the lunch hour and get me some grub. I had brought a Lean Cuisine Panini for lunch, but a fresh sammie just sounded SO much more appealing! I mapped out the route over at Google Pedometer and it totaled 2.4ish miles round trip. I wore my HRM for shits and giggles (and for the watch part!) Here are some walking stats for ya!

Time: 47 minutes
Avg Hr: 129
Max Hr: 197 (don’t think so!!)
Calories Burned: 287
Distance: approx 2.4 miles

Not bad for a walk! It was just glorious out! I took a few pictures of the river as I went by it. Along the right hand side of the first one, you can see a path which is part of the trail I always talk about.

These were just growing in random spots along the boulevard! How pretty are they?
So what kind of sub did I get???
A 6” veggie with the works (no onion) and sweet onion sauce. Another fave of mine!!! This sure beat a frozen sandwich! In the course of the afternoon I also ate an orange and a pear;

The orange was really quite sour! :0

Dinner had to be a little earlier tonight because I had to leave the house for Pilates at 5:15 and didn't want to eat dinner at 7pm as that's a little late for me. That being said, I didn't want go to class with a full belly so I made some egg whites and a huge spinach and strawberry salad which was topped with TJ’s Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola dressing (also care of Coco) and chopped walnuts.
How yummy does that look? Oh, yeah!!!For my sweet end I ate the very last coconut lime oat bar! I should mention that we enjoyed our dinner out on the deck!!!
I'll be leaving the house again in a few minutes to go pick DS up. I'm positive that I'll be having a snack a little later on, but I'm not sure what that will be yet. Probably a green monster! I hope everyone is enjoying that fabulous start to their weekend!!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the carob oats look so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAROB!!!!! Holy yum.


    Gorgeous scenery for your walk!!

    Definitely enjoy a Green Monster later!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the weather is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your egg whites look so fluffy and delicious!! Enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely trail - and I especially love the crocuses! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful trail! And my gosh I want those coconut lime oat bars!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to know that you're enjoying everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that darn sweet onion sauce from subway!! I get it on my turkey one all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stats on your walk! I need subway, I haven't had it in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love when it's nice enough to head out for a walk on your lunch, and eat dinner on the deck :)

    I totally would have waited until after pilates for dinner - I often eat dinner around 7, or even later depending on what's happening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hike & yummy looking eats!!
    Enjoy your weekend Krista!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Carob!!!! I eat carob flakes with agave nectar to satisfy my sweet tooth and it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The carob chips look sinful! :D What pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!