Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bock Bock

Just a little warning…I ate lots of chicken today!! I may wake up with feathers and a beak in the morning! :D

I enjoyed a cool breakfast this morning; 100_5873

I combined a vanilla Chobani and 1/2 cup of TJ’s blueberry muesli. I liked the yogurt mixed with the cereal much better than plain. 100_5872

I munched on another blueberry muffin again this morning pre gym. Check out all the blueberries stuffed in there! 100_5876

I had a hankering for chocolate so I paired the muffin with a mocha;

100_5874

I worked it on the elliptical today as well as doing some strength work. I really need to focus on doing weights a little more often so my goal is to do that on the days that I don’t run.

  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 151
  • Max GR: 176
  • Calories Burned: 402
  • Distance: 3.5 miles

Lunch was my first round of chicken for the day. I ate the last of the beer butt chicken with mushrooms and broccoli; 100_5878

Lunch dessert was a pack of strawberry flavoured Yoga Chips; 100_5879

I have to say that I’ve enjoyed all the flavours I’ve tried so far! The ingredients on this pack was 100% organic Fugi apples and natural strawberry flavour. Yum! I also snacked on grapes later on in the day. 100_5880

I had to pick up the kids and my hubby after work as the Jeep was in the shop getting a sensor replaced. I knew dinner would be later than usual so I brought along a baggie of dark chocolate cocoa roast almonds to get me through.

100_5877

Ready for more chicken? Dinner was grilled chicken breast with a Thai seasoning, a sweet potato and tomatoes from the garden; 100_5881

This was a great dinner and I was comfortably full after eating it. We took K.C. for another long walk tonight. I’m going to miss doing that once the weather turns raunchy. He knows now when it’s time to go because when he sees me he started dancing like a mad dog! Too cute…I made a tea when I got back and while waiting for the water to boil I grabbed a handful (or 2) of fruit loops from the box that the kids had out. That is something I have to stop doing, but I’m working on it. I've always been a big night time snacker and it’s a hard habit to break. :/

Anyways, off to watch SYTYCD Canada! WAHOO!!

Bye for now!!!

15 comments:

  1. Haha no worries!! Keep enjoying the chicken :)

    Definitely take advantage of the nice weather while you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed the people at yoga chips and asked them to start selling in SC! I hope they do!! The grapes as well as the tomatoes and sweet potato look awesome! Nothing like some good sweet grapes :) Enjoy SYTYCD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga chips? I have never heard of them but they sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fruit loops are so yummy! Those yoga chips sound amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to eat muesli. The blueberry muesli looks good; I'll have to look for it.

    I don't like going into the kitchen at night when things are out; it's too tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big night time snacker too especially when I have work to do and am totally stressed out....always at night of course. I don't think I can do the 'kitchen closed' deal though. I feel like it'll be too restrictive for me. If I'm looking for food it's usually because my body needs it....although sometimes that is NOT the case and my body and mouth know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. **squints**
    Ive never seen those yogurt chips.

    I want to see those yogurt chips.

    preferably in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that roasted chocolate almond!!! perfect snack for me!!!

    chicken looks delicious too, especially dinner one paired with sweet potato!! Delish~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently had crab stuffed chicken--omg! To die for if you like crab too.

    Btw, how do you cook your sweet potatoes? They always look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those cocoa roasted almonds - just had them yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A muffin and a mocha sound like a 'hit the spot' combo!

    The Brat does the same thing - she sees her leash and RUNS to the gate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm... your meals always look soo good! Wish I could try your "beer butt chicken" lol!!! Where do you buy your yoga chips? Never heard of them but they sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your eats today! It's been too long since I had a baked sweet potato...yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Yoga Chips look great. I might have to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm, what a nicely-balanced day you had. Then again, you always do a good job with that! Thanks also for the polenta advice; I think I'm going to try it out tonight with the "mushroom and onion" polenta roll I recently found. Will let you know!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!