Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Someone’s Exhausted

And it’s not me….much! I have never seen DS as wiped out as he is tonight after 2 days of hockey camp. The poor sap could barely make it up the stairs and into the tub. I don’t think he’ll be doing any arguing about going to bed tonight. I think he’ll be a puddle of mud by Friday evening.

I had a bit of extra time this a.m. so I made a batch of pancakes for myself. As usual, I added a pack of Amazing Grass to the mix; 100_5772

Blueberries were also added the the ‘cakes…. 100_5774

For the top I mixed some raspberry jam and almond butter…. 100_5773

These really filled me up…almost too much!

Work was work. Another day another dollar; what can I say? Thank heavens for the gym! I snacked on half of this apricot Clif bar before heading down the hall; 100_5775

I gotta be honest here. I love Clif bars, but I did not love this flavour…and I love apricots. This bar was just too sweet. Now I’m not sad that I haven’t seen this flavour in Canada.

I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the treadmill walking at 4mph with a 5% incline.

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 157
  • Max Hr: 175
  • Calories Burned: 432
  • Distance: 4.4 miles total

Nothing inspiring was coming to me while getting lunches ready last night so I brought a serving of vegan chili to work with me today. It’s pretty spicy stuff so I also packed some plain NF yogurt to stir in. 100_5778 Next up was a bag of these Yogachips! 100_5779

After seeing these on my blog a few weeks ago, Jennifer contacted me to see if I would like to try some other flavours. Of course I jumped on the offer because I really enjoyed the bag I had bought. Yogavive was generous enough to send me 8 bags! Here are the flavours that are available; 100_5770

I already knew that I liked them so I shared my baggie with a few co-workers who all thought they were really good. When I asked what they thought they tasted like, they all replied, “APPLES!!” and with good reason because the only ingredient in the plain is 100% organic Fugi apples. 100_5780

If you see these kicking around your friendly supermarket, give’em a try!

I was suppose to meet my bestie for some more gym time tonight, but my hubby ended up working late and I had to bail. We changed our plans to tomorrow instead. Once getting home from picking DS up, I ate some honeydew and cantaloupe chunks; 100_5781

I made some pasta for DS then we took K.C. for a walk around the block before I settled in with a small meal of my own. 100_5783

I sautéed some kale, swiss chard and beet greens then tossed them with some raspberry walnut dressing, feta, pistachios and dried cherries; 100_5782

So good!!! I finished off the meal with a small scoop of froyo that wasn’t even enough to take a picture of. I chilled on the porch for a bit with my book and now I’m going to tuck in to watch SYTYCD. Then, just before bed, I have to prepare DS’s lunch for tomorrow. As for right now? I need to go tuck my tired baby into beddy bye!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Lovin' the abundance of green!!

    Aww, wishing DS a restful night's sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apple chips look SO awesome. Are they freeze dried? I found a similar product at whole foods and I am in LOVE with them. But they only sell small small bags. I wonder if those are availble near me?? Great looking din din salad. Hope DS gets some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green pancakes. That salad is one of my favorite - I like mine with goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your dinner looks incredible, I love the combo of flavors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those little chips look good!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a colorful lookin' salad! My favorite flavor of Yogachips is definitely caramel. I wish I could get a good workout in like DS too...ohh how I miss team sports :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those pancakes... I guess they are really make a good use of the wheat grass (which plain is pretty gross).
    oh~~~ those yoga chips.... so lucky you to try other flavors too! :D
    Love your meh attitude to work...hahha.....it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when I would go to volleyball camp before school started and I would be VERY exhausted!! Probably due to the fact that I was coming from a lazy summer :-)

    Those chips look yummy! I have never heard of or seen them. Gotta keep my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those chips sound good!! You know I love my apples ;)

    Good to know that the apricot Clif isn't worth it. Those chunks of feta look mighty tasty! Hope your son got a lot of rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, he's all tuckered out... Yup, camp'll do that to ya. Pancakes look cool! And hooray for free samples! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, ds must be pooped! nothing like a good camp that'll work all the energy out of em'!

    and those pancakes look awesome! i love the swirled ingredients on the top!

    and whoo hoo for those samples! they look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I want those yoga chips! Where did you get them? I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love the look of those green pancakes. I bet you could get the same kind of look using matcha in the batter as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!