Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet Saturday

I was mastering the senior citizen head bob by 10pm last night so I gave up and went to bed. I must’ve been way more tired than I thought because I slept until 9 this morning! Mother Nature gave me a wake up call about 7:30 and I laid back down not expecting to fall back asleep. Yikes!

Here’s breakfast; 100_5918

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Sunrise Blend w/ quinoa
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • walnut pieces
  • cinnamon honey
  • blueberries

100_5917

Delish!!

After eating, I checked my email, placed an order with Amazon, changed cat litter (yay me) and vacuumed the homestead. Once everything was in order I relished a nice hot shower. I’ve had sore muscles somewhere in by body ever since I started strength training again! Good news is that I’m pretty sure I got all the muscle groups now so I shouldn’t be achy anymore. Once I was presentable, I whipped up a wrap to eat while driving over to the mall with DD. 100_5920

  • flatout wrap
  • sunflower seed butter
  • spinach
  • carrots
  • dried cherries

100_5922

I’ve seen the nut butter/veggie combo on a few blogs and decided it was high time to try it out. I’m happy to report that it’s a fabulous combo! YUM! And filling, too.

We went to a few stores before the mall, one of which was the Bulk Barn where I replenished my sunrise blend with quinoa stash as well as my coconut mango and chocolate mint tea. I also picked up this little baggie of chocolates for a buck which we shared; 100_5923

These were pretty good! We both agreed that they were very similar to Smarties. Once DD was decked out with some new outfits for school we indulged in a little Starbuck’s for the drive home. I got my standard tall NF iced green tea latte; 100_5924

DD thoroughly enjoyed her once a year tall caramel mocha frap; 100_5925

See that look of pure satisfaction? LOL!

I was feeling a little antsy at home so I wound up baking a batch of mini blueberry chia muffins. This time around I subbed coconut extract for the vanilla and used Ruth’s Cranberry Ginger chia seed blend.

100_5919

They turned out awesome! Here’s one with a coating of macadamia nut butter; 100_5936

Don’t think for a second that this was the only one I ate. I’m pretty sure about 4-5 more found their way to my belly since 3pm! ;)

I had pulled chicken breasts out for dinner tonight but wanted to do something different than grilled on the BBQ so I turned to one of my Clean Eating magazines for inspiration. I found a relatively simple recipe for Chicken Piccata that I had all the ingredients for so that’s what I rolled with. 100_5930

It wasn’t a pretty looking dinner, but it was out of this world good! Even the fam, who all claim to hate olives, LOVED it. Here’s the shot from the magazine; 100_5929

And here’s mine! 100_5932 100_5933

Ha! I could obviously use some lessons in food plating! Seriously though, this was a great meal. And just because DS wanted you all to see his plate, here it is. You’ll notice that he passed up on the chickpea puree and went with the standard mac & cheese; 100_5931

My hubby bought me a box of treats…one of which I enjoyed for dessert! 100_5934

SO good, but I just realized looking at this picture that they’re sweetened with Splenda. Def not good for the ole digestive tract so I’ll have to go easy on them.

So, Mom & Dad just left and the kids are getting ready for bed. Not sure what’s up for the rest of the night….nothing to exciting, I’m positive. Maybe something good will be on TV, something better than the 1982 Rocky movie that my hubby is watching now!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Looove Clean Eating magazine recipes!!

    Haha I hear ya - not much on television tonight!! Thank goodness for DVDs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of Clean Eating recipes I want to try too.. glad yours turned out!! Yum!!

    Something better than Rocky!?!? *GASP* ;) LOL!! Have a good night!

    Oh! Your mini muffins look sooo good! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colorful flat out wrap - I need to buy dried cranberries or cherries. Have a relaxing evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that wrap sounds so delcious. I've made salads with carrots and sunflower seeds before, but I love the idea of making it into a wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha @ the head-bob. I'm doing that as we speak! And, yes, DD does look very satisfied with her beverage :) That wrap looks so fresh and delicious; reminds me I need to go stock up on carrots, as you've got me craving crisp veggies now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing the veggie+nut butter combo as well and I think I might give it a shot this week! Yours looks beautifully delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a really good night of sleep.. i can see you were tired! :) glad you had a great relaxing day with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to try my sunflower butter sample I got awhile back--I actually forgot about it!! Does it taste anything like PB?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that ketchup on the mac and cheese?! Haha I love it! Chickpea puree sounds delish though - I love those chickies :)

    Your wrap looks absolutely delicious!! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read so much about Clean Eating recipes, I'll have to look at the magazine! Your chicken & the chickpea puree look prefect! Love DS's plate! You can't beat Mac & Cheese with lots of ketchup! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wrap looks like a fabulous combination...yum! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've learned something new today. I had no clue you you make quinoa in a sweet dish. I always use it the traditional way. I'm going to start experimenting quinoa for breakfast. my hubby will probably like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i want to try a wrap like that! looks great.

    and i love 'clean eating'. pretty layout and great simple recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have me craving a green tea latte now. I think it's the colour that always suckers me in - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!