Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Play Time’s Over

Well, boys and girls, it was back to work for this girl today. Can’t say I’m thrilled, but whatcha gonna do? Getting up this morning at 6:30 was killer, I’m not gonna lie. I’m still on vacation time and didn’t fall asleep until after midnight. Tonight will be an earlier one for sure.

I made myself a nice filling breakfast to fuel me through the morning; 100_5638

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Windy Hill Farms cremo cereal
  • cinnamon
  • blueberries
  • almond butter

100_5636

I had a stack of paperwork on my desk to contend with and by the time I waded through it, it was just after 11. I took a breather to eat half of a Blueberry Crisp Clif Bar; 100_5639

I ate the other half after lunch.

I was pretty jazzed about hitting the gym. I only ran twice on vacay and did the bootcamp. Certainly not what I’m use to. I thought I be lagging in a bad way, but aside from a 5 minute cramp on my right side about 10 minutes in, everything went well!

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 167
  • Max Hr: 183
  • Calories Burned: 479
  • Distance: 4.5 miles

I was pretty hungry when I got back to my desk so I dug right into lunch. I packed a good 2 cup serving of the Can’t Believe It’s Not Potato Salad and brought along this pack of tuna to mix in; 100_5640 100_5641

This was a great alternative to having to wrestle with opening a can! I got a few pouches while we were in Buffalo. Here’s everything a messed up! 100_5645

The sun had been shining for most of the day, but at 2 the skies opened up and boy did it pour! It’s been raining on and off since. I decided to make myself a stir fry for my dinner….the fam had their chicken smothered in salsa (not so bad) and lots of cheese (not so good). For the stir fry I sliced a chicken breast into strips and cooked it up. Near the end I added half a yellow zucchini and some broccoli along with a scoop of salsa and about 3 tbsp of Ted Readers peach bourbon sauce; 100_5650

These are the noodles that I used…. 100_5648

These were pretty good! They were very reminiscent of Shiritaki noodles, but a little more hardy. They made a great addition to my supper. 100_5651

Because it’s so damp and muggy out, I went for a small bowl of vanilla froyo with chocolate shaving and caramel; 100_5652

Before I totally forget, I enjoyed a wee snack pre bed last night. I dipped 3 mini blueberry muffins into some macadamia nut butter;

100_5635

Those little babies did the belly good! This is the brand of macadamia nut butter that I bought; 100_5530

Love this stuff! I’m off to take K.C. for a walk with DS before the rain starts up again and then I will be tucking in to watch the first episode of SYTYCD Canada! HOOT! Enjoy your Monday evening…

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. The first day back after vacation is always a killer! Glad you made it through. Great job on the run. The dinner stir fry looks yummy. SYTYCD Canada? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are those noodles made out of!? Similar ingredients as shirataki?

    Bummer for being back at work. Your vacay sure seemed relaxing and enjoyable though! We used to always go on vacation away from home and it would always end up being hectic and somewhat stressful!

    I love that ice cream bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh sorry about work :( Those noodles do look really tasty! Shiritaki are always so rubbery.. but they still beat pasta! Those muffins look to die for with that macadamia butter <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. going back to work after a blast vacation must be really hard. you did a good job getting up and have a great breakfast to begin your day!!! :D

    that noodles look so interesting! I'll look for them when I go back to US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for pouched tuna--I am a total addict and I won't eat canned tuna lol!!

    Have a good day back at work, it was fun keeping up on all your fun days of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the mini muffins! They look delicious! I'm going to have to look into those noodles.

    Boo to being back at work! Hope this week flies by for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pre-bed time snack looks amazing! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 1st day back to work is always the worst...before you know it you'll be back in the swing of things. ;) Your stir fry looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO jealous that you have SYTYCD to watch!! I love the use of those "noodles"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to try some of that cremo cereal.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!