Sunday, August 30, 2009

Can It Be The End?

I sitting here in disbelief that the weekend is already over. Where did it go? I can’t believe that in 12 short hours I’ll be back at my desk. Jeez….

I got a little funky with my breakfast this morning. I’ve seen the addition of pretzels and chocolate to oats on a few blogs so I decided to give it a whirl; 100_5938

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • 1 tbsp carob powder
  • walnut & pretzel pieces

100_5937

I was pretty jazzed to try this but was let down by the fact that the pretzels got soggy asap. Ewww. I picked around said mushiness and the rest of the bowl was great.

I behaved myself with the cookie plate out at the farm this morning. I promised myself 2…not 4 like last week…and stuck to my guns. I even remembered to take a picture of the variety this week! 100_5939

Really, they’re all my favourite, but I chose a maple & a chocolate striped one. Maybe I’ll go for the other 2 next time!

We didn’t get home until shortly after 1pm and I was good and ready for some lunch by then. I polished off a good portion of my NF plain Chobani with a 1/2 cup of TJ’s blueberry muesli and extra fresh blueberries; 100_5941

Hit. The. Spot!

I read my book for an hour while I let my lunch settle and then I hopped on the treadmill to pump out one of Gina’s (Fitnessista) killer treadmill workouts. It was an hour long, interval one and kicked my bootie! I was sure to do 5 minutes of really good stretching to try to eliminate any soreness in the morning.

  • Time: 1hr 5min
  • Avg Hr: 158
  • Max Hr: 179
  • Calories Burned: 567
  • Distance: 5.4 miles

I had just enough time to clean up before I had to get started on dinner. I had pulled out a pork tenderloin and once again turned to my Clean Eating magazine for inspiration. Here’s what I picked;

100_5944

This was super easy and delicious! I didn’t make the potatoes because I have none. Instead, I paired the meat up with baked beans and steamed veggies. Again, here is what the meal looked like in the magazine; 100_5943

And my version; 100_5946 100_5947

Another winner! I didn’t have a sweet end because I knew there would be cookies at Mom’s. Again, I only ate 2. MUCH better than the 7 or so from last Sunday!

I just finished snacking on 3 mini blueberry muffins spread with a little macadamia nut butter. No picture because the one I took looked awful! I plan on hitting the hay soon tonight because I never seem to sleep well on Sunday night’s. On that note….

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Yours looks better than the magazine! Those cookies sure seem tasty--I would probably need some boundaries too. I hope you get a good night's sleep and that tomorrow isn't too blah at the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fudge striped cookies used to be my after school snack back in jr. high and high school with a glass of milk. Oh childhood memories!
    Not sure about pretzels in my oats though. Salty in the am was never my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughhhhhhhh I cannot believe it is the end of the weekend as well! We had such a busy weekend with the wedding! I am ready to pass out. GREAT workout! Gina rocks- doesn't she? Those cookies look incredible. I am loving the addition of pretzels to bfast- salty+sweet=awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my secret to the pretzel oats - I add them in layers. I put some on top, take the picture, gobble them up, then once that layer is done, put the rest on, and finish the bowl :)

    Hope you get some sleep tonight! Sunday nights are the worst, boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome!!! I think yours looks better than the mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh your dinner looks outstanding! What a great recipe. So sad the weekend is over :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo sucks about soggy pretzels. LOL.
    The leaf cookies look so cute! Those are the maple ones I'm assuming. Yum!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plate of cookies looks sooo tempting... :) Good job at "controlling" yourself...

    I can't believe the weekend is almost over either...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pretzels in the cereal! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretzels in the oatmeal? that's a new idea! savory oats then? aha.... nee to try it out.

    admire your will powder to stick to only 2 cookies from that assorted plate.. they look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have picked the same two cookies as you--yummy!

    Your dinners are looking better and better--even better than the mag pic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh...what yummy cookies!!!

    and those pretzels in the oats...love the sweet salty complex!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your dinner looks incredible! Every bit as good as the magazine pic, if not better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum!! Everything looks so good!! I really need to get cracking on trying out some of those recipes in that issue! 2 cookies is great, good girl! ;) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is definitely too bad the pretzels went soggy in your oats. It sounded like it would be a great salty/sweet combination.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!