Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunning & Reading

We ended up kicking back and relaxing at home today. My hubby over did it on the banana soft serve last night and let’s just say that he didn’t have a pleasant night! His warning to you? 2 bananas + 1/2 a cup of berries (1 hour before going to bed) = a very unhappy tummy! :D

Here’s my breakfast; 100_5446

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Windy Hill Foods cremo cereal
  • cinnamon
  • blueberries
  • sprinkle of dorset cereal

100_5445

I’m still in awe at how full this cereal makes me….and keeps me for hours!

Shortly after eating we all went for a LONG bike ride. 14km (9miles) to be exact. My hubby and I have done it in an hour flat. With the kids, it took 1.5hrs. Considering the distance, both kids did fantastic! DS was getting a little cranky by the end of it, but he’s still getting use to a new bike with gears. Our neighbour kinda raised her eyebrows a bit when I told her the route we took, but I am a firm believer in keeping my kids active. That being said, we’d never make them go further than we know they can and there is always lots of water for longer distances. I wish more people would get active with their kids. I think that’s such a stepping stone to building their self confidence as teenagers.

Moving along here, the long ride gave me plenty of time to think up a fantastic lunch and by the time I got to my kitchen I was practically drooling! I made a “panini” using a WW Arnold Thin, LC cheese, Sabra jalapeno hummus, chicken breast, grilled zucchini and lettuce. On the side was the rest of the grilled zucchini… 100_5448

and 2 cinnamon honey coated mini blueberry muffins for dessert; 100_5449

All together now!! 100_5447

What a fantastic lunch! I was a total bum for the next 4 hours on the deck in the sunshine with my book. The kids went to play baseball at the park with the neighbour kids and my hubby was doing some man stuff around the house. Oh, how relaxing that was!

Dinner was just as delicious as lunch! My hubby bought me some PC vegetarian Portobello/Swiss cheese burgers; 100_5451

I popped it on a WW bun with hickory BBQ sauce, Dijon mustard, tomato, pickle & lettuce. On the side was the rest of the mater that I cut up along with a few yellow cherry tomatoes from the garden. 100_5450

Although today was sunny, it was very windy. I realized just how windy at DS’s soccer game. Man, was it ever whipping through that open space of a field! I was glad to have put a blanket in the Jeep….it came in handy. Next Monday is his last game of the season. Where, I ask you, did the past 10 weeks go?

I treated myself to a bit of dessert when we got back home. I enjoyed 2 scoops of this tasty froyo that my hubby brought home.

100_5452

Nom, nom, nom! It’s 9pm now and I’m going to watch some TV with the man. We have a few ideas on places to go tomorrow, but the weather will decide which we choose. I’m really hoping to be able to do something outdoors so my fingers are crossed for some sunshine!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I think its wonderful that you keep your kids active. My parents did the same for my sister and I and we are much healthier because of it! Great looking lunch! Reminds me that I need to pick up some bread or rolls or something as we're all out! Hope you enjoy your night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am jealous of all of your eats today! That panini looks exceptionally amazing :) Hope the weather holds up tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree that more parents should get active with their kids!! good for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 hours outside reading? I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. Even when I have time off work, I'm still "getting things done". Although, I will be unemployed in 4 short days, so perhaps once I'm moved I will get in some prime deck time at the parents house. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loove that you like to keep your kids active--I am a big believer that physical activities vs. sitting playing video games or something like that boosts confidence so much more! My mom and dad always kept me active--it's great! Btw, that panini you dreamed up has me dreaming of one right now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby sure is digging the banana froyo!! Your biking trip reminds me of when my brother and I biked alongside my parents while training for a marathon. What a great way to spend some quality time together. Your vacation has been so much fun to read about! What a cool family you've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your lunch combo!!!
    It's really nice that you can play with your kids doing something active! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your eats today! I think I'll have to recreate that delicious-looking panini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want some of that cereal but im in the us????-monica
    rideit4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!