Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweating With My Bestie

Hi all! Today was a great day! :D I started it out with some PC steel cut oats that I found in the freezer; 100_5784

I bought this 2 pack back in the spring, ate one and forgot about the other. Fast, easy & convenient! 100_5786

To bulk it up a bit I added more blueberries, a scoop of almond butter and some hemp seeds. Delish! 100_5785

I ran a few errands over the noon hour, but before I left I snacked on this perfectly ripe peach. 100_5787

Love clingstone peaches. I’m one of these gals who hates to get all sticky from ripe fruit juices so the easier to cut, the better. I know, I’m a sucky pants through and through! :)

When lunch finally rolled around I enjoyed a wonderful salad; 100_5790

  • romaine & spinach
  • hard boiled egg
  • carrots
  • blackberries
  • cherry tomatoes
  • fig balsamic dressing

100_5789

I also snacked on these throughout the afternoon; 100_5788

After picking DS up from hockey I got changed and snacked on this new Nature Valley granola bar; 100_5791

The 70% dark chocolate sold me! I knew dinner would be late because M and I were hitting the gym at 5:30. I figured this would hold me over well because of the nuts….and I was right. I just have to watch the chocolate in here as it can cause a massive sugar attack. All in all, This bar was a WINNER!!!

Gym time was fab. Wouldn’t you know that I forgot my HRM again? DOH! We worked on our shoulders and I have a feeling I’m gonna be in a bit of pain tomorrow! I got back just after 7 and set out to make something to eat that wouldn’t be like a rock in my belly come bedtime. I decided on an Arnold Thin with mozzarella, mortadella, lettuce, mayo and chipotle mustard. On the side was a vanilla Chobani; 100_5794

So, my thoughts on the Chobani. I really enjoyed the strawberry one I ate over the weekend, but I didn’t care for the vanilla flavour which is odd cuz I love vanilla. It just tasted really strange to me. I ended up adding some Nature’s Path pumpkin granola which made it somewhat better. I still have a blueberry & peach to try, so I hope they rock.

Well, I’m off to watch SYTYCD Canada and make lunches for tomorrow. Hope you all had a great hump day!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Great way to bulk up the oats! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day, indeed!!

    Enjoy your t.v. show tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great salad mix. I have all those ingredients in my fridge minus the dressing...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I told you before, I love the blueberry chobani!!!!!! Josh also just ate the pineapple (new flavor) and its his new fav! Great looking lunch salad- you know how much I love fruit in my salads :) Enjoy SYTYCD..I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gorgeous salad looks like summer! I've got to try that fig dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good eats and must have been great working out with your bestie. I just picked up my first ever Chobanis. I got them in Buffalo last week at Sam's Club. A case has 3 flavours (4 blueberry, 4 strawberry, 4 peach). Blueberry is my fave - reminds me of blueberry cheesecake. Yum. I'd love to get my hands on the other flavours , especially pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh Vanilla Chobz is my fav! And that sammie looks awfully delicious!

    My fav part of your post though is how BLUE your oats are :) so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm i love blue oats! they are just sooo pretty.
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  9. love steel cuts with blueberries!!! I miss mine :( can u believe almost 3 weeks without oats?
    bar with 70% dark chocolate? I'd be sold for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never had a yellow tomato! Do they taste similar to regular ones?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like getting sticky from fruit either! At first I thought the pit on that peach was nut butter ;)

    Woah! I wonder if those Nature Valley granola bars are here?! The darker the chocolate, the better! I think Vanilla Chobs is an acquired taste because if I recall correctly, I wasn't fond of it at first either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought some arnold sandwich bread. I'm so excited to try them. Your sandwich looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!