Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vacation Day 13 - Ontario Place

We finally made it to Ontario Place! Only took us almost 2 weeks to get back there. We left a little earlier today to try to avoid traffic and it worked. I made a quick bowl of oats before we left; 100_5496

  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • cinnamon honey
  • Sahale snack mix-walnut

100_5495

It was smooth sailing all the way into the city so we were there by 11:30. Even though it was still a bit early, we decided to eat our lunches so that we didn’t get to deep into the park and have a long trek with hungry kids back to the Jeep. I made myself a WW bagel with fig preserves, LC cheese, deli chicken breast and lettuce; 100_5497

Pretty much the same as yesterday, but still delish. I also ate a handful of each gold fish and pop chips… 100_5498

100_5499

Then off we went on our adventure for the day! 100_5500

It’s nice now that the kids are a bit older and we don’t have to really chase them around. While they were in the play areas, my hubby and I sat in the sunshine and waited for them to come back. I waited a lot of years to be able to do that! :) Here they are with the Kool Aid guy; 100_5510

And waiting to get buckled into a ride very similar to “Drop Zone”; 100_5517

We all went on a water ride where you go along a “river” in a canoe enjoying the sights and the final hurrah takes you up a steep hill like a coaster and down you go into the water. This is what the end of the ride looks like; 100_5507

And here’s DD and after after getting off. We were wet, but not soaked! Sarah & Me

After 4 hours of fun, it was time to come home. When we got back to the jeep I ate a refreshing mango: 100_5521

We hit a bit of traffic but nothing crazy like yesterday. We’re really only on the major highway for a half hour…the other half is a normal 2 lane highway. Once we got to that point I pulled out a Nature’s Valley Fruit & Nut bar as I was getting pretty hungry! 100_5520

We were sitting down to dinner by 6pm….good timing for us! I had an Yves Veggie dog…half in an English muffin with ketchup, Dijon and relish…the other half on the side. There was also grilled zucchini that I picked from the garden yesterday. 100_5522

And to finish the meal off? I savoured a Cravings cheesecake that I came across in the freezer! 100_5523

We’ve got friends coming over shortly for the SYTYCD finale, and I have a couple of PB & chocolate chip cookies with my name on them! Mmmmm…

I may be blogging at a weird time tomorrow as I have very fun dinner plans back in the city with a surprise companion and I have no idea when I’ll be home. You must keep a look out for my post, though because you don’t want to miss who I’m meeting up with!!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love it that you met the Kool Aid guy :-D

    Enjoy your time with your friends tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me! I cant believe I almost forgot about SYTYCD! It sounds like Ontario Place is fun, Ive never been there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO excited for SYTYCD! Its going to be fabulous. Glad you had such a wonderful day. That grilled zuch looks amazing- so delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only that cheesecake was "Kravings" huh? :) From the looks of your pictures it seems like the day was beautiful! Woohoo! I hope you have a great time at dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day! Ontario place seems the paradise for kids! :)
    have fun today with your surprise companion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Goldfish--the pizza ones are my fav! I try not to get them too often because I can down the whole bag before I know it! ;-) Glad you had such a fun time! Your vacation really turned out busy & exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like such a fun vacay! the oatmealand bagel sound super yummy.i hardly evr use honey, i really should more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Goldfish! Yummy. Do the rainbow ones still have artificial colors in them? The last time I had them they did, but someone told me they only use vegetables now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got to find cinnamon honey, it sounds so good!

    What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the Laughing Cow is escaping from the hole in the bagel. It totally thought it could get out and not get devoured!

    Ontario Place looks like it would be lots of fun. I don't think I've ever heard of it, and would never have guess it was amusement park like from the name.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!