What a fabulous day we had today! We went to the ROM downtown Toronto and didn’t hit any traffic! That means it only took us an hour to get there. Nice. I started the day with a favourite combo of mine…
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Quaker oats
- carob chips and shaved coconut
We packed some lunch and snacks before hitting the road. As usual, we arrived at our destination right at lunch time. We munched on our sandwiches while walking from the parking lot to the museum. I had a wrap with almond butter and banana. I took the photo in the parking garage so it looks like my wrap is glowing!
Before hitting the road we did some window shopping. I so love being in the heart of Toronto. It’s so exciting to me! I ate my last Clif Mojo bar as we were leaving the city. This one was PB & pretzel….
My hubby took the picture for me as I was driving. Please ignore his hammer smushed nail!
- red leaf lettuce
- chicken breast
- grilled zucchini
- raspberry walnut dressing
No sweet end yet. Hubby and I are planning on some banana soft serve later!
Before I sign off for the night I had some observations that I wanted to share. Since last Tuesday I’ve had headaches on and off (I don’t normally get them) and the lower part of my face has broken out like a 14yr old hitting puberty! I gave this some serious thought last night and came up with more than a few reasons which I contribute this to. Check them out;
- I’ve been going to bed no earlier than midnight since holiday’s started. I’m usually in bed by 11pm the latest.
- I’ve been drinking 3+ coffees a day when I normally only drink my Stash tea.
- I haven’t been eating near the amount of veggies that I’m use to.
- Meals have been random times at best.
- I’ve haven’t been exercising anywhere close to what I’m use to.
- There’s been zero routine in my life.
- My water consumption is way down.
- Lots more treats than I’m use to.
I have no doubt that these 8 points are the culprits so as of today I started being more mindful of what I’ve been doing/not doing. So far I’ve;
- Made sure to drink lots of water
- Only had the Tim’s coffee
- Ate a BIG salad for dinner
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner were at more “normal” times
- I plan on an earlier bed time
- There will be no random snacking all evening. I will enjoy a nice bowl of banana soft serve
My poor system should be thanking me sooner rather than later. Does anybody else find this sort of thing happens to them while on vacation?
Bye for now!