Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cans 4 Comments

Happy Thursday, all! I’ve got some important business that I want to talk about before I get to the food and “fun” of the day! As some of you may know from reading the blog, this holiday season I participated in Natalie’s Project Feed Me. This past Monday signalled the end of the 9 week “challenge” and I feel SO good about the box of food I have ready to go to the food bank this weekend. Much thanks to Natalie for hosting such a wonderful cause. Times sure have been tough this year and although my family was (thankfully) not hit too hard, I know of some wonderful people in my community that did take a hit below the belt. I’ve ALWAYS supported my local food bank and would like to initiate another fun drive that I read about over at To Be The Whole Package called Cans 4 Comments. It’s very simple, actually. For every comment I receive on THIS post until midnight Friday, December 11, I will donate one food item to the Food Bank in my community. So please, PLEASE come out of the woods and comment. Linking back to this post on your blog would be much appreciated, too! THANK YOU!!

Today was another snowy, blustery day so a hot breakfast was a must. And oats were also good considering that I still had a half tooth in one side of my mouth! 100_7525

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • banana
  • smooth almond butter 100_7523

I really didn’t accomplish a whole lot this morning. I helped DD with a project that she’s working on for school and spent too much time on the computer. Ah, c’est la vie! I called my dentist first thing this morning and got a 1pm appointment so a soft, easy to chew lunch was a must! I went with an egg white omelette jam packed with kale, mushrooms and goat’s milk brie; 100_7526

Then I ate a chocolate chip All Bran bar, 100_7527

So the news at the dentist wasn’t terrible. There’s enough tooth left to have a crown put on so I go back next Wednesday for some prep work then the following Wednesday after that for the actual crown. Fun times. It’s freaking freezing out so DD and I enjoyed hot chocolate’s when we got back. This is my favourite kind; 100_7528

Once DS got home from school we settled in for a game of Scrabble. The rules kinda go out the window when playing with my 2!

Dinner was simple tonight with turkey sausages, couscous and steamed broccoli. I also had some Ted Readers peach bourbon sauce for dipping; 100_7531

I finished off the meal with a Morning Glory bar. 100_7529

The wind is a whipping out there and I’m looking forward to cuddling under a blanket while watching some TV tonight. Wonder if CSI and Vampire Diaries are repeats again tonight? And look what I have waiting for me on the kitchen counter for later… 100_7532

Mmmmm….

**REMEMBER TO COMMENT!! I would LOVE to see my box of food overflowing by the time I go to the Food Bank Saturday morning!!!**

Bye for now!!

37 comments:

  1. such a great cause!!!! I'm commenting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, its always nice to help other people who have been hit hard this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'll comment- what a great cause- love it!!

    Glad they can easily fix the tooth issues. Your lunch looks so good. With meals like that, all soft foods sound like fun to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!! What a wonderful cause - kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for donating! I am jealous of that Pom right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cause! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comment for cans ... wonderful thing to do and you definitely have my comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great that you're doing this! What a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cause! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cause! And of course I'll comment! ;)

    So glad that the dentist wasn't terrible!

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How generous! :) Let's spread the charitable vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! I love commenting on your posts anyways :) I saw when you made those morning glory bars (it was while I was studying) and drooled right then and there!! They look fab-u-lous! I need to buy a Pom before they are out of season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never comment, but always read....love your blog and really love the cans for comments idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great cause! I love reading your blog - hope DD feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read all the time, but never comment...this idea is incredible! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great cause, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm usually a lurker but this is such a great reason to de-lurk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great Idea nad what a cause!!! amazing job, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. KRISTA!!!
    You are soooooooooooo sweet! This makes me love you even more!!! That is so nice of you!!! I kind of want to do this too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cause Krista! Comment, comment!

    I'm glad it went pretty well at the dentist!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like a good food day. I love the sausages with the peach bourbon sauce -- yum! Having to restrain myself over here from licking the computer screen ;o. And what a neat idea, cans 4 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats a great idea! here is another comment to add to the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea! Here's another x

    ReplyDelete
  24. WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!!! i'm adding it in to my post right now :) so fun and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great cause, you are so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cause!! Hope your daughter is feeling so much better!
    Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh boo - I missed your cut-off! Does it count if it's not midnight my time yet?!?!

    Either way - awesome job on Cans4Comments!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the cans 4 comments idea! :D

    That breakfast looks divine...actually, it all does!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!