Saturday, December 19, 2009

It’s A Goal!!

I haven’t been home much today so the eats are sparse, but I’ll share anyhow! I had a rare craving for a cold breakfast this morning so I went with it. I mixed the last of my Nature’s Path banana almond cereal with some blueberry optimum. 100_7663

The kids asked for pancakes so I pulled out a trusty Dr. Oetker mix and went to town. I made the pancakes on the big side so that I didn’t have to stand in front of the stove for too long! 100_7662

The kids and I ran out to WalMart for some last minute things today and managed to get in and out unscathed. By the time we got home we had to dive into lunch because we needed to leave at 1 for DS’s hockey game. I warmed up a cup or so of my Thai from last night and called it a day. 100_7666

The boys tied their game 6-6 and were thrilled about it. But the best part of the game was that DS scored his first goal of the season!!! YIPEE! He was one happy camper and had every right to be. He also got an assist on the tying goal. As soon as the game was done the whole team made their way to the local bowling alley for their Christmas party. There was bowling (of course) and food and one of the Mom’s made a really cool slide show of the boys. A good time was had by all. Here’s DS giving me the stink eye for bugging him while he ate! 100_7672

Backing up a wee bit, on the drive home we stopped at Tim Horton’s for coffee’s and bagels. I knew darn well that the only kind of food I was gonna get at the bowling alley would be fried so I ordered up a honey & wheat bagel with strawberry cream cheese… 100_7668

Optimal? No, but it was the lesser evil of the 2. I have a feeling that another bowl of cereal will be in my near future. There was nary a vegetable in my diet today and not really yesterday, either. That has got to change tomorrow. I can feel sluggishness setting in already. DS does have another out of town game at noon tomorrow, but I’ve already got plans for a healthy lunch to go. *sigh*

Well, I hope your Saturday has been da bomb!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATS TO MR. STINK EYE!!!! That's awesome!! I've been home all day unlike you--we gots LOTSA snow!!! You're bod will love veggies tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz to your son for scoring his first goal of the season! He must have been so thrilled :):)

    It's hard around this busy time of year to eat healthy eh!... I'm not sure how you manage work..busy family life and making healthy choices with your eating/working out! You amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son, that is so exciting!

    Good for you for thinking ahead enough to stop and get a bagel before the bowling alley food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son!

    It's been so much harder for me to get enough fruits & veggies in during the colder months...

    Good job on planning ahead! :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the lesser of two evils is all you can do. Good job to you and DS; what a star he must have felt like today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to DS!!! Sounds like a fun but busy day. I hope you get a little more relaxing in tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHH CONGRATS TO DS!!!! way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The banana almond cereal is actually one of my very favs!!

    I can always tell when I don't eat a fruit/veggie during the day--I swear my skin will break out if I eat too many other things and not enough "cleansing" foods!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! BIG CONGRATS TO DS! That's awesome - the first of many more goals to come :)

    No lies, that's my exact order from Tim Horton's. It's a magical combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been lacking in the veggie department as well. I have vowed to get better after Christmas. It's so hard when you have so much running around to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, congrats to DS on his goal!!

    I've been a little behind on my veggie consumption in the past day or so also (I know it's no excuse, but I've been so busy!), and I definitely feel a little sluggish! I've got to get back on track! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!