Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clearing Out The Fridge

I started this morning in a zombie like state thanks to reading well past my bedtime last night. I’m just about done Eclipse which I’ve been limiting myself to a chapter a night in order to avoid staying up too late. But I had to read all about the fight last night before I could turn my light out. AH, it was worth the pain my alarm this morning! :D 100_7502

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • cinnamon
  • banana
  • PB & carob chips 100_7501

I didn’t get around to eating this until almost 9am. Just a wee bit later than usual!

I avoided sitting around too much today by tackling quite a bit of housework, playing some Wii with DD and baking. When I came across this random Morning Glory recipe I knew I had to make it. I used to work at a restaurant that made a killer morning glory muffin and I miss it! 100_7510

It was a straight forward recipe and the only changes I made were USAB for the milk and a 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters for the egg. The results were awesome!

100_7511

I combined a few leftovers for lunch today. About a 1/2 cup of turkey chilli and I’m guessing the same amount of quinoa/kale mix; 100_7509

Then I had some sweet grapes. 100_7507

Caffeine was a must this afternoon so I made myself a nice strong cup of Starbuck’s instant coffee; 100_7506

I had some roasted potatoes in the fridge that I wanted to use up at dinner tonight so I decided on a shepherds pie. I kept it simple by just browning some extra lean ground beef with grated carrots, diced zucchini and a bunch of random spices. The gravy was just as easy…..a little basil infused olive oil, WW flour and chicken stock. I mixed that into the meat, spread it in a 9 x 9 dish, topped it with corn and peas then mashed the potatoes and smoothed them over the mix. A little grated cheese finished it off. Into a 350* oven it went for 25 minutes; 100_7513

YUM-O!

I just got back from Pilate’s and I’m about to join a game of Scrabble with the fam while watching the Biggest Loser. Cool!

OH! I inherited a can of refried beans and I have NO idea what to do with them! I’ve never used them before but would certainly like to. Please, please pass along any recipes (simple or otherwise) in the comments!!!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. I use refried beans to thicken up my vegetarian chili!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refried bean recipes:

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=refried+beans&fnSearchType=site

    ReplyDelete
  3. The morning glory breakfast bar looks amazing!!!!

    Hope DD is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you and bobbi made great shepherd's pies tonight! it makes me want the one I made for thanksgiving again! so tasty!

    the morning glory bars look great! i want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bars look fabulous and nice job on the din din! I love refried beans. I use them in quesadillas, fajitas or each them alone with veggies and baked pitas or tortillas dipped in them. So fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate reading good books at night because I can never put it down until the "next" chapter, which turns into 5 or more! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your morning glory bars look fantastic! I used to eat refried beans as a side topped with some cheese (usually when we had tacos for dinner).

    Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm starbucks via is THE BEST! i'm so in the mood for a cup of that now :)

    glad you're getting through eclipse! i dont know how you only read a chapter haha its so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachael Ray's 3 bean chili is awesome!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/veg-head-three-bean-chili-recipe/index.html

    I make it all the time and the guac definitely adds a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family likes Amy's refried beans ("light in sodium" version -- it doesn't taste that way at all). We just dump it into a dish glob them onto plates straight! Warning: FIBER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your breakfast bars look stellar! For refried beans, I like to make fajitas...I just cook up some peppers/onions, then top soft tortillas with the veggies, refried beans, and cheese...delish and super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spice the beans up and add them to guac, hummus, nachos, sandwiches, or lasagna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! That morning glory looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!