Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting Stuff Done

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for DD. She is feeling better today although it got quite rough last night. Her temp was up to 103* (39.4F) for most of the day and I’m not gonna lie…I was starting to freak out a bit! The medication she has to take has been upsetting her tummy, but she’s been able to keep it down today which is a plus. Right now it’s mainly her throat and the bad cough that are bothering her most.

I got my breakfast together before taking DS to school; 100_7424

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • pumpkin butter
  • crunchy PB 100_7423

I was stuffed after this!

Once back home I got some laundry going. Seeing as I’ll be home until Monday I figure it’s a good time to get caught up on all things involving the house. I’m hoping that the powers that be at work allow my supervisor to bring me a work laptop so I can get some stuff done from home. I also did some blog reading with some joe; 100_7425 And I made a Vegan Banana Nut Carob Bread; 100_7437

Want the recipe? Here ya go!

  • 2 cups WW flour
  • 1.5 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp ground flax seed
  • 6 tbsp water
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup agave
  • 1 cup “milk” (I used USVAB)
  • 2 cups mashed banana (I used 5 small naners)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup each carob chips, chopped hazelnuts, chopped walnuts (or whatever combo you like)
  1. Heat oven to 400*
  2. Combine flax seed and water, set aside
  3. Combine first 6 ingredients in one bowl
  4. In another bowl combine mashed bananas with other wet ingredients
  5. Stir flax mixture in
  6. Add wet to dry and stir until just it comes together
  7. Blend nuts and carob in
  8. Pour into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish
  9. Bake for 45 minutes

While the goods were in the oven I got to work prepping the last 2 butternut squash from my garden. One went into a Ziploc for use later this week; 100_7429 And the other got tossed with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon and some lime juice and had it’s turn in the oven once the bread came out. 100_7426

I served the fries with chipotle mustard. 100_7434

After lunch I did some Christmas shopping online. I found a few items that haven’t been stocked in the stores I’ve checked so that was awesome. Then I made a big tea and settled in with the new Clean Eating magazine.

100_7438

I love this mag. I put it on my Christmas list so I hope my hubby gets me the subscription! :D

Dinner tonight was Rachael Ray’s Taco Stoup. I got a little sneaky and added a 1/2 cup of quinoa in the pot! 100_7439

This was a GREAT “stoup”! It was a big hit with everyone. The boys had some tortilla chips with theirs. DS insisted I take a picture of his, so here you go; 100_7440

Well, I;m outta here for tonight. Before I go I wanted to let everyone know that CCK has one helluva a great giveaway going on at her blog! If you’re feeling a little (coco)nutty, click right here!

Bye for now!!

17 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the peanut is feeling better. That fever would have totally freaked me out too. How good do those fries look. How can I still be hungry? haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that DD continues to feel better!! Hang in there yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear DD's feeling a bit better, hopefully she has a smoother night tonight!

    That banana nut bread looks deelish, and now you have my craving some bnut fries. I have a nice big one just waiting to be chopped up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear dd is feeling better...hopefully she'll be all better very soon!

    and i have a butternut squash i need to use...you just reminded me. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!

    I'm only now catching up with your blog so I had no idea about DD. I had H1N1 (and still have a cough weeks later!)so I can totally empathize.

    I hope she feels better really soon!!!

    And PS - I had no idea you could catch it twice. I was told getting it once means you acquire lifetime immunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe Im sorry to hear about DD. though am glad to hear she is doing a bit better now!

    awesome bread recipe :) it looks delicious!
    and I love how you cut your squash fries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh... is that my blog? hahahha.... I like your mug, so cute!!!
    I hope DD gets her temperature down soon and do not have to take the medicine anymore, but sometime it takes time for the medication to work. The last time my dad had fever, and it took him 2 days to have it down even taking medicine. I bet you're so worried. hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so happy to hear DD is doing much better!

    that banana bread looks phenom, thanks for posting the recipe-and rachel ray? gotta love herr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! Thanks for the bread recipe - maybe I'll whip some up tomorrow :)

    I'm glad to hear DD is doing better, I hope she keeps moving in the right direction! That would be one scary night!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww i'm gladd dd is feeling a little better! i'm sure a big old slice of that bread will cure it right up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bread looks magnificent! Did you like the outcome? I just finished up some last min xmas shopping online as well--nothing beats shopping in pj's with no crowds! Glad DD is feeling a bit better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad to hear that DD has come down with H1N1 for a second time! That sounds so unusual, but as your doc said, I guess it isn't. I actually just got the vaccine today, which was all but impossible to find... It really needs to be more widely available, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear that DD is feeling a little better! Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon!

    I love how you crinkle cut your squash -- it's so much more fun that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those veagan carpb bars sound so good, I think it will have to treid and those butternut squash chips look fab too! x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMM! It all looks so good! Especially the "stoup"! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!