Monday, December 28, 2009

Two Days In One Post

Happy Monday!! I knew yesterday that today was gonna be pretty low key so I decided to blend Sunday and Monday together.

I felt like a dense breakfast yesterday so I cut back on the usual amount of liquid that I use; 100_7818

  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon
  • pineapple jam
  • almond butter

100_7817

I also cooked it in the microwave. I’ve done enough dishes the past few days that I didn’t feel like dirtying a pot!

My Uncle came by around 10am to take DD for a Starbuck’s run. You just know that she was tickled pink! When he dropped her off he informed me that he was going on a Whole Foods run and did he have any takers. Um….HELL YA!!! I flew in the shower and was ready to go in record time. Here are a few of the more interesting items I bought;

100_7827 100_7823 100_7824 100_7826

That kefir’s for you, Allie!!! We were there over the noon hour so my lunch pretty much consisted of cheese samples. Yummy cheese samples. I bought some goat’s milk cheese and some Parmesan that was on sale at 50% off. Before heading out my Uncles treated me to a NF latte and the most delicious cranberry scone my taste buds have ever had! 100_7822 100_7821

He also brought us some treats that he got in a gift basket but knew he wouldn’t use;

100_7820 100_7819

The boys played in a father/son hockey game this afternoon. It was pretty hilarious to watch. The boys were definitely out to nail their Dad’s!

Dinner was a simple affair. Saturday night I took all the meat of the turkey bones and popped them into a stock pot with lots of cold water, brought it to a boil and then let it simmer for a few hours. After being strained and cooled all night, the fat that rose to the top got skimmed off and a pot of thick, rich broth was born. The fam had theirs with tortellini and I cooked up about a cup and a half with a 1/4 cup of Aztec grain blend. I also added a good helping of turkey meat back to the pot; 100_7828

Nom. nom. nom! I finished the meal off with a delicious piece of apple crumble… 100_7830

Then I busted out my Wii EA Active and hammered out a 45 minute workout. The first 1/2 hour was a full body circuit and the last 15 concentrated on my upper body. I’m quite pleased with the game. I totally broke a sweat and got my heart rate pumping. And I’m stiff today! :D The rest of last night was spent watching 4 episodes of Criminal Minds. Yes, I sat that long!!!

I wasn’t feeling something hot this morning so I ate a bowl of Wildroots cereal. This is quickly becoming a fave of mine! 100_7832

This is what it says on the back of the bag; 100_7831

Hope you can all see that!!!

I sat around for a few hours playing on the computer before getting ready to get the groceries done. We were in dire need of toothpaste and toilet paper so there was no putting it off another day! I was starving by the time I got back and went with a quick pizza! 100_7838

This is a flatout wrap with some sun dried tomato pesto, turkey, green olives, a bit of canned cranberries and some of this cheese from Whole Foods; 100_7837

TASTY! Then I ate 3 Clementine's; 100_7840

It was so dreary out today that I needed the flash at 1:30 in the afternoon! BLAH! DD and I watched a few episodes of Cold Case and then we went to pick up a friend of hers who is spending the night. Lasagna was requested by all and seeing as it was too late in the day to make my own, I bought one…and some garlic bread sticks. I got myself a single serve of roasted veggie lasagna. T’was good! 100_7842

Then I had the last piece of apple crumble. Looked pretty much the same as the one above.

I’m told the plan for the evening is to watch the kids play Rockband. God help me!! :D Maybe it’ll keep my hands free of this type of nonsense that has been happening much too frequently the past week; 100_7805 100_7836 100_7841 100_7796

Ow, ow, OW!!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Krista!!! Your kefir looks so legit!! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed through your blog posts that you have really good self control. I have the worst! Everything looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WFs just rocks, doesn't it? I could spend hours lost in there!! So sweet of your Uncle to take you. Love that goat cheese. Rockband is fun! have you tried playing???

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that dd got a little starbucks treat! your uncle sounds like an AWESOME guy! any man that shops at wf is grade a in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much goodness in this post!! love those flat out pizza's they really do hold up so well!

    WF is seriously the best thing EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That garlic bread = droooooool! I was watching Cold Case yesterday as well, I love that show. Hope you had a fun Rock Band evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much great food, but I drooled of course over the cheese... Me and my cheese obsession...

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM! That FlatOut Pizza creation looks phenomenal! And that pie looks sensational!

    I would really love to try Wii Fit! What a fun way to workout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Whole Foods loot, especially the cheese...mmmm! Your flatout pizza looks delish! I had something similar for lunch today -- flatout wrap, steamed broccoli, and ricotta cheese under the broiler. Boy was it yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!