Monday, December 21, 2009

The Treats I Ate

Happy Monday!!! My day went pretty well. How about yours? My hubby is off this week while I get to go to work. Fun times. Not having to get the kids out the door gave me some extra time which was a nice treat, though! I straightened my hair and enjoyed a more relaxing breakfast; 100_7688

  • 1/2 cup chocolate peppermint soy milk, 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Quaker oats
  • pecans, walnuts & hazelnuts

100_7687

AWE-SOME!!!

Work was extremely busy today, but it went by lightening bolt fast. I did make it to the gym which was a bonus seeing as I wasn’t sure if time would allow for it. I hopped on the elliptical and watched some Rachael Ray to pass the time.

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 156
  • Max Hr: 175
  • Calories Torched: 432
  • Distance: 4.8 miles

I brought myself a serving of last night’s white chicken chilli for lunch; 100_7691

As delicious as this is, it just does NOT photograph well. I also ate some grapes as was I was checking back some paperwork. 100_7690

My hubby and the kids brought me a 1/2 decaf, 1/2 hot chocolate this afternoon, too. T’was a nice treat! 100_7693

And like the title of this post would indicate, I did eat some treats today. Christmas is just one season that I’m not willing to give everything up! That being said, I kept myself in check because believe you me, I could’ve porked out on a lot more!! ;) HaHa! Here’s the damage… 100_7692 100_7689

That’s not so bad, right??

Seeing as my hubby was home he got some dinner going for us. Turkey sausages and corn which I mixed into 2 tbsp of WW couscous that got sprinkled with some parmesan cheese. Oh!! I also had some mango wasabi mustard to dip the sausage into. 100_7694

I was still feeling………something after eating this so I warmed up a lone piece of morning glory bar then coated it with almond butter and topped it with raisins. 100_7695

That took care of whatever was missing! I decided not to do a meal plan this week seeing as the fam is home. We’re also doing Christmas dinner here on Friday so that will take up a day. I’ll get back to it in the new year.

On tonight’s agenda is present wrapping. Lots of it, too! I came home to some presents for me under the tree! YAY! I’m starting to get excited now…..

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Worthy treats, I say! :)

    Enjoy wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet that the man and kids brought you the coffee/cocoa treat at work. <3 That macaroon looks jammin- GREAT holiday treat. Good luck with the wrapping

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chili looks so good! Do you have the recipe on your blog?

    I wish my gym had Rachel Ray playing... All they normally have is the news and espn... BORRRRRING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that was not so bad AT ALL. Especially since you had such an awesome workout over there! Coff+cocoa sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely treats! And I totally agree, you totally kept it reasonable! :)

    Have wrapping the presents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck wrapping!! I get a strange pleasure out of it but I'm super type A that it takes me SO LONG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that peppermint soy milk in the morning sounds ultra divine :) glad you got some time to get all girlified in the morning now! have fun wrapping presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go with the self-control! I always love trying new foods and sweets at events!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a sweet tooth moment right now and this post doesn't help. The oatmeal looks awesome though and sounds really good. That chocolate is calling my name though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE chocolate and coffee together, MOCHAAAA sounds like the perfect treat!!! hope you enjoyed it!

    raisins on PB is the best! reminds me of ants on a log!! (celery, PB and raisins!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pretty chocolate...chocolate is definitely treat-worthy! How sweet of hubby and the kids to drop off Tim Horton's for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm I love Timmies cafe mochas..soo yummy! Those treats look delish as well. I could seriously eat TONS of treats around this time...I always do ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!