Friday, December 11, 2009

Still Time For Cans 4 Comments!!!

OMG! I’ve been SO busy today! We left the house at 9am and didn’t get home until 5pm with the exception of a half hour when we came home to put groceries away and eat lunch. Good thing I fuelled up with a hearty breakfast! 100_7534

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon
  • blueberries
  • Enjoy Life mountain mix granola

100_7533

The kids both had appointments at the doctor at 9:15 so that was our first stop…in the blustery weather, I might add. DS goes every month for his asthma check up and DD had her lungs checked. The right side still isn’t 100% clear, but he’s confident that she should be fine seeing as she still has 2 days of antibiotics left. She’ll go back to school on Monday and have another check up on Wednesday. I’m just glad she’s finally on the mend!

We dropped DS off at school by 10ish and went straight to the grocery store where I do most of my groceries, then we went and bought one of my hubby’s Christmas presents. Next up was the “big” grocery store that carries items like Almond Breeze, Quinoa and agave, all of which I needed. We came home, put the food away and settled in for a bit of lunch. Although I’ve been trying my best to ignore it, I’ve had a sore throat for the past few days and soup was just what I needed to soothe it. I warmed up a can of this Campbell’s soup; 100_7535

This was GREAT! There were tons of lentils and big chunks of veggies. And even though it was low sodium, the broth was still very flavourful. 100_7536

Then I sucked on one of these babies; 100_7538

Kinda like Buckley’s….they taste awful but they work….temporarily.

We spent a good chuck of the afternoon at the mall buying more Christmas presents and some nice warm boots for DD. On our way out we stopped at Starbucks for something warm to drink. Hot chocolate for DD and a tall NF peppermint mocha pour moi! 100_7537

Next stop was to the school to get DS then we went to my work to pick up my cookie order and to check in to see what I’m up against come Monday morning. It’s not looking too bad, thank goodness!

I got to work on a pot of soup when we got home. I made the Minestrone with quinoa from the newest edition of Clean Eating magazine. It turned out pretty good! I served mine with a toasted WW English muffin topped with goat’s milk brie. Or as DS called it, round bread with lamb cheese. HAHA!!! 100_7539

Now I’m finally in my PJ’s, under a blanket on the couch which is where I plan to stay for the next few hours watching Criminal Minds. Ahhh…

***There’s still time to comment on THIS post for Cans 4 Comments! Help me fill my box for the Food Bank!!! You have until midnight tonight. THANKS!***

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay...another can of food! I hope you're feeling better really soon. ~Another Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad both the kids checkups went well! And that you got to get some starbucks in today <3. Yummy on the soups- perfect for the cold weather and your sore throat. Hope you are feeling better today- lots more liquids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had some what of a sore throat too--but I attribute it to the winter dryness in the air. That is soo funny--round bread with lamb cheese. Kids!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha lamb cheese that's hilarious! get that vitamin c pumpin girl so you don't get sick that's the worrrrst. and take some time to relax this weekend especially after your busy day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Round bread with lamb cheese! Haha!! Hope you're feeling better and that you got lots of rest last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Campbell's makes a lenitl veggie soup!?!? Alert the media! Why have I never seen this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I need to make a run for STARBUCKS!

    New post, new music, new giveaway - http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

    Happy Weekend WOOP WOOP!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!