Friday, December 4, 2009

A Little Stir Crazy

The sun finally came out today but boy was it COLD! The boys left shortly after breakfast for DS’s out of town tournament. I’m pretty bummed to have missed it, but DD was not well enough to go. I consoled myself with a warm bowl of oats; 100_7459

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup flax seed porridge
  • cinnamon
  • banana
  • crunchy natural PB
  • pomegranate jelly 100_7458

After getting some laundry started DD and I ventured out to buy some bows to clean up the garland I put up along the porch railing. I think it turned out quite well! 100_7461

We also went to the video store to rent a movie called It’s A Wonderful Life that DD needed to watch for a project at school. I guess the kids are watching it in class and then it will be followed with an assignment. She didn’t much like the movie. I had to keep reminding her to pay attention so she would have an easy time with the school work!

For lunch I re heated some taco/quinoa soup, topped it with some grated cheese and served it up with a piece of cornbread. 100_7465

Then I had some passion fruit dried fruit; 100_7464

I literally did nothing all afternoon. To be honest, I’m starting to get quite squirrely being stuck in the house. DS has one game left in the tournament tomorrow and I’m hoping to go. I’m a social person by nature so I don’t do very well when away from people for too long.

3pm saw a piece of vegan banana carob nut bread warmed up with a little bit of chocolate honey spread on as a snack. I neglected to take a photo, though and have no reason why!

For dinner I roasted a chicken and potatoes and steamed some veggies. I figured I had the time, so why not?? 100_7468

Dessert was a bowl of sweet, juicy pineapple: 100_7469

The only thing on the line up tonight is episode after episode of Criminal Minds on A&E. I guess things could be worse! What’d on your agenda this weekend??

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Same here! Beautiful sun, but only 30°F. Brr!

    This weekend = loads of schoolwork. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...i'm a wimp! it was 55 today and i was dying! too cold!!!

    this weekend is lots of running and exploring sacramento!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! I don't think I could deal with that kind of cold! The porch looks fabulous- nice work. I'm hoping to get more of our decorating done tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The porch looks great. Yaaay, my fruit strip, lol. Never tried that one -- hope it was good. "It's a Wonderful Life" is a big-time American holiday classic! They play it on Thanksgiving and near xmas. It is a bit strange though, so I can see why DD didn't like it at that age. My weekend plans = schoolwork, schoolwork, schoolwork.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. being a mom isn't easy, right? you have to take care of your kids 24/7 and no complain! that's the hardest job ever in the world!!! :D
    criminal mind is good... i haven't watched it for a while.... oh... love Mr. Big (from sex and city) :)
    weekend plan? yes, I have one, shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your porch--now your whole house is festive!!!

    I hated watching movies for school because they would always pick ones I wasn't interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope DS does well in the tourament...hopefully you'll get to make it to the last game! I love your festive railing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your porch! It looks so festive! I have always wanted to live in a house with a porch...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!