Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Good Deed Done

YAY…it’s the weekend! I started my Saturday off by organizing my loot for the Food Bank. THANK YOU to everybody who commented on my Cans 4 Comments post. Because all of you took the time to leave me a shout out, I ended up donating 36 food items today!!! I bought a variety of eats ranging from canned fruits and veggies, soups and beans, pasta and drinking boxes and even a few jars of baby food. Check it out!!! 100_7545

And inside the office depot box is the food I collected during Natalie’s 9 week Project Feed Me drive. Here’s a photo of those items; Project Feed Me

P.S. I’ll be keeping the kids! :D

I had some crushed pineapple in the fridge so I decided to make a tropical bowl of oats this morning. 100_7541

  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • dried fruit
  • coconut extract

100_7540

This was fabulous! After getting home from delivering the food I got started on some housework while the kids burned off some energy outside.

100_7542

They shovelled our driveway and the neighbours and then partook in some tobogganing adventures in the backyard.

We needed to be on the road for DS’s hockey game by 1pm so I had a quick lunch of Fage, blueberries and Nature’s Path banana almond cereal. There was a drizzle of honey, too; 100_7553

I chased the yogurt with some praline flavoured almonds. 100_7554

And because my throat still feels like it’s coated in shards of glass, I sipped on a big mug of chocolate raspberry tea, 100_7552

This is one awesome flavour of tea!

When we arrived in the city that the hockey game was in, I was amazed to see that they had NO snow! And it was only a 50 minute drive. Very weird!! The boys lost again. **sigh** Their spirits are still high considering that they’ve only won 1 game all season!! Troopers, they are. :D

My hubby thought it would be a good idea to go out for dinner and I agreed. We went to Shoeless Joes because we really enjoyed the food the last time we were there. I ordered a grilled vegetable/goat cheese on naan and nixed the side of fries in favour of a bowl of the soup of the day which was Creole chicken gumbo; 100_7556

So good. So spicy! I loved it but my throat wasn’t all too impressed. The sandwich was also fabulous and I polished off every bite; 100_7557

After dinner we went to the mall to walk off our meals. There was nothing too exciting going on there, but it sure was busy!

We’re all finally settled in for the night and I’m drinking a nice hot coffee laced with some Bailey’s as I type this. :D I’m feeling quite content and I’m sure knowing that I donated all the food today has something to do with it. So thanks again for helping me out!

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Ah! So glad the can drive went well!! That is really exciting. Feels good to do good for others :) What a great after dinner treat. I've never tried bailey's in coffee! I know I'd love it- putting it on the to try list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to the cans its such a nice thing your doing! Tropical oats sound good x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to start your Saturday! Yes, giving back feels good...

    Your dinner looks awesome. I love spicy soup. And the sandwich looks amazing.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your Food Bank feat turned out wonderful--and good thing your keeping the kids!! Lol!

    A tropical bowl of oats sounds like something I could use right about now--these -30 F temps are killing me!!! I'm stuck inside haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, that is the flavor of tea I have been dying to try! Where did you find it? I was thinking about ordering online but the shipping isn't really worth it.. or is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm happy your canned food drive went so well! Thanks for doing so much, Krista!

    That dinner sammy looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Krista--you are a role model for not only your children but the blog world!! I think we should all devote a post's comments to donating food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work with donating all that food to the food bank! Such a nice thing :)

    We have a shoeless joes by my house but I have never been...I might have to check it out sometime! That sammy looks quite delish :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!