Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Taking Care of Business

Today has been a very productive day! It started out earlier than usual as DD had a doctor’s appointment at 7:30am. I’m happy and relieved to report that she’s perfectly healthy now. YAY!!!It’ll take a few weeks for her energy level to come back to normal, but that’s to be expected after such a nasty illness.

I got the kids dropped off at the sitter’s and made it to the restaurant for our HR department’s annual Christmas breakfast. I didn’t take any photos because the 2 “big” bosses were right in front of me and I felt pretty awkward about it. I did bring my tea pouch back to work to show you the flavour I enjoyed; 100_7607

My breakfast was spectacular and something that I’ll be re creating at home. I ordered the “Oxford” omelette which was 3 egg whites stuffed with butternut squash, roasted red peppers, pesto and provolone cheese. The meal came with a side of home fries and baked beans which I had packed up instead of put on my plate because I’m not a fan, but my hubby is. I did get 2 pieces of dry WW toast of which I ate one. The food was great as was the company and I was full for hours.

I spent the day doing data entry breaking only for a 1/2 hour lunch break. I ran to Wal-Mart to pick up stocking suffers for the babes and got some much needed fresh air while I was at it. That is one thing I’m trying to appreciate more of…the fresh air. All too often I complain about how cold it is/I am that I don’t ever take the time to take a deep breathe and feel how much my lungs long for it. Since it’s gotten cold out I’ve really made it a point to take a few deep breaths when I step outside.

I finally decided to eat my lunch at 2pm. On the menu was pork tenderloin, green beans and couscous from the other night; 100_7608

Please excuse the Tupperware container!! :0 I savoured one of my all time favourite chocolate’s, too. 100_7609

So the reason behind my 1/2 hour lunch was that I had to leave early to go to the devil dentist to get my tooth prepped for the crown which goes in next week. The appointment went well, considering. I told my dentist that if I experienced any pain I was never going back. He laughed, thinking I was joking. NOT. *sigh*

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, frozen face and all, to buy Pillsbury cookie dough because the kids requested that for their Christmas parties at school tomorrow. I was thrilled to find the Almond Breeze was on sale 2/$4 so I grabbed a few of those, too.

I was hungry when I got home and knew that I had to have something soft and easy to chew. And what did I miss out on this morning? OATS!!! 100_7612

  • 1 cup USVAB
  • 1/2 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • smooth almond butter

And because I was feeling pitifully sorry for myself, I topped it off with a deformed mini Rollo. Read on for why those are in my house!100_7611

The fam was due home from hockey practice by 6:30 so after I ate I got busy making them tacos from an El Paso kit. They love that stuff! Me? Not so much. Ha! While they were eating I baked off the cookies and made some “fake” turtles that I’ve been seeing all over the place lately. Check this dinner size plate out! 100_7614

All you have to do for these is buy a bag of lattice pretzels, a bag of rolos (I bought the mini ones) and pecan halves. Spread the pretzels out on a baking sheet and top each one with a rolo. Pop into a 350* oven for 5 minutes. Pull out and, working quickly, press a pecan half on top of each one. Allow to cool and ENJOY!

I have a few presents to wrap for school tomorrow and then I’ll be kicking back, trying to thaw my face and watching some TV. I hope everyone else’s evening is as relaxing!

Bye for now!!

17 comments:

  1. yum! all that food looks amazing and that omelet sounds like a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the work breakfast was delicious! So glad to hear DD is healthy again!!! I bet you're thrilled. Those little pretzel treats look jammin. Have a good night Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Productive days = fabulous

    Productive days including Ferrero Rocher chocolates = PERFECTLY fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO for a healthy DD! That omelette combo sounds amazing - I love all of the components involved!

    Love those faux turtles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The omelette sounds great! Glad the dentis went okay...

    And I'm very glad that DD is finally all better! Enjoy your evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The turtles looked so good. What an easy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your breakfast sounds SO good. I definitely want to try and make that!

    And that tea sounds delish as well.

    Glad DD is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caramel rooibos tea? That sounds really good!! (I love tea ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The oatmeal is great!

    Since the cold weather has started in Ontario, I feel like eating comfort food. Oatmeal is among them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are the bomb dot com cookies!! my mom makes them with cocoa almonds on top :)
    i love that you added one to your oats too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those little pecan turtle treats. I need to make those ASAP. Pecans are my fave and Rolo too. Mmm perfect with the crunchy pretzel s. I always take deep breaths (I refer to them as yoga breaths hehe) when I'm wound up. They help for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that idea for the "homemade" turtles--so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pretzel turtles look awesome! i was thinking about doing those for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat recipe for the turtles. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great treat. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those turtles are sooooo cute! I love that idea! So sorry abt the dentist mama.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad DD got a clean bill of health! Your little turtles look so good! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!