Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Day Before Christmas

Has been a quiet one. I worked from 8:30-12:30 which kinda sucked but at least I got some stuff done for when we go back. And I got to go in wearing my sweats. Not needing to primp gave me time to enjoy my oats in front of the TV! 100_7736

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin puree
  • crunchy, natural PB
  • trail mix & yogurt chips

100_7735

Yes, it was as good as it looks!

I wasn’t sure when I left this morning how long I’d be at work so I packed a lunch. DD ended up spending the last hour with me while the boys went to an appointment so I shared what I brought with her before we left. 100_7738

This is my half of the chicken chilli and WW English muffin with a little butter. Then we had a little sweet for dessert! 100_7737

And because this just whet our sweet teeth, we shared a brownie z-bar. :D 100_7739

Before going home we went to Knapp’s to pick up 2 pies for Christmas dinner tomorrow. We got an apple crumble and a peach blueberry. Mom will be bringing her signature tiramisu so we’re set for the best course of the meal! ;) I also grabbed a foccacia to go with the WW buns and the very last jar of pineapple jam, which just happens to be my favourite!!

We weren’t home long before DS had to leave for a friends house and rather than go back home and sit around, we decided to brave the mall. And by some miracle, the only thing I walked out with was this grande NF 1/2 sweet green tea latte! 100_7742

Actually, I was afraid to buy anything because I have NO idea what’s under the tree for me! I treated DD to her favourite, a vanilla bean frap. She’s only allowed to have this a few times a year so she relished every last bit of it. 100_7743

See the concentration? HA!

The fam decided to have oven ready pizza tonight so I was on my own for dinner. I got a wee bit creative and mixed my favourite pizza toppings with quinoa. 100_7746

Parsley, turkey sausage, green olives, tomatoes, mozzarella and some sun dried tomato pesto. I cooked one cup of quinoa reasoning that I can use the leftovers a variety of ways. For this meal I used a good half cup cooked. Here it is! 100_7747

This turned out great! All the pizza flavour without the unhealthy stuff! And with all the chocolate laying around my house right now, 2 of these were a must for a sweet end; 100_7748

One of our local park puts on a great Christmas light display every year called “Sparkles in the Park” so after the kitchen was cleaned up we made our way there to check it out. It’s bloody cold outside so I made sure to bundle up; 100_7751

I’m such a dork! Here are a few photos that I took while there. 100_7760 100_7762 100_7756 100_7757 100_7759

And we arrived home to 2 of the cats keeping our spots on the couch warm for us; 100_7765

Octavius is glowing!!! LOL! I know I promised the top 10 things that make me happy, but the fam is waiting on me to play Scrabble and that trumps my blog. Especially on Christmas Eve! So I’ll end this by wishing all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS for tomorrow!! Have a blast whatever you’re doing…

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I had to work today too so I feel for you :) So cute that you and DD shared some Starbucks today. The festival of lights looks like fun too. Merry Christmas Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry CHristmas Krista :) Your family is so awesome! I love DD's fierce expression. Have a beautiful day tomorrow friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Krista!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you and your family had an awesome time with those you love and all the yummiest of eats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sparkles in the park looks SO gorgeous :) hope you had a wonderful holiday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza quinoa is brilliant! (And those are some of my fav pizza toppings too!) Gorgeous lights display, I love your pics with the falling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had a peach blueberry pie--sounds like it would be great! I still have not tried quinoa--I must though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my Starbucks drink! Yum! It's been far too long since I've had one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!