Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two More Sleeps

Until the big day, that is!! Are you all ready for Christmas? I think I can safely say that I am good to go!

DS had 6am hockey practice today as well at power skating from 9-11 so the girls decided to meet the boys for some breakfast in between. DD and I beat the guys so I started off with a green tea to warm me up and to give my tummy something to occupy it. 100_7725
I went with your standard eggs & toast for breakfast. Two poached eggs, ham and WW toast to be exact! 100_7726
I didn’t touch the home fries or beans and DS ate half my ham. This stuck to my ribs until 1pm! From 7:30am! I must start eating this at home a few times a week.

There was hardly any staff at work today and tomorrow there will be even less. It’s nice to have the place so quiet! I got a ton of work done and anticipate the same for tomorrow. Then I’m off until Jan 4! YIPEE!!

I had to run to Walmart at lunch to return something so no gym today. It’s just as well….I’m a little stiff from yesterday’s power incline walk. It was pretty busy, but not near as bad as I expected it to be. When I got back to work I warmed up a can of soup for lunch. It was this Campbell’s chicken noodle. 100_7729 100_7730
Simple, yet just what I was looking for because I knew dinner was going to be heavier than what I’m used to. Lunch dessert, anyone?? 100_7733 100_7731

So, on to a few things I bought at the Bulk Barn last night! First up are yogurt chips! 100_7728
I’m thinking these will be GREAT in muffins or bars and especially as a topping on my oats! Anybody ever baked with these before?? Another item I couldn’t resist was this Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Enchantment tea; 100_7727
Now, does that not sound delish? I haven’t tried it yet but will be very soon. I also bought some take out containers for Christmas day, a festive bread basket and some nut mixes to set out on Friday and when company comes by.

I had to leave work an hour early today to go back to the dentist to get my crown put in. *sigh* Before heading out I ate a Clif Mojo bar to tie me over to dinner time. 100_7732

My appointment went really well considering. No freezing, no pain equals a happy Krista! After I got back home I changed and we were off to my friends place for dinner. A few of us used to work together a few years ago and still make a point to get together 4-5 times a year. The couple who’s house we went to tonight just had a sweet baby boy in June so it was easiest for us to all go to them. We decided earlier to order Indian for dinner and I was mucho impressed that my kids tried, and liked, butter chicken and naan! I emailed Gina this afternoon to get her expert opinion on what a gal with a possible sore mouth should order and she came through with 2 great ideas; dal bukara or baigan bhartha. I went with the second option and it was one of the tastiest dishes I’ve ever had! I also ordered a side of tandoori roti. A round of “onion cakes” ( I can not remember what they were called!) were ordered for the whole table. Here’s my plate; 100_7734

There was more of the baigan bhartha than what you see here. It was awesome to see everyone again and I got lots of baby snuggles as an added bonus! But now it’s late and I must guide my mind down the “it’s time to wind down for bed” road. Hope you all had a great day! Check back tomorrow for an award and to see what top 10 things make me happiest!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I have that enchantment tea--it's totally delish!! Break til Jan. 4th!? WAHOO!!! You sure deserve it. I want those yogurt chips so badly!! Do they taste anything like white chocolate chips!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea looks SO good! When I eat eggs for breakfast I keep pretty full until lunch. I guess it's the protein!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the tooth appointment went well- I always dread going to the dentist! mmm mojo. Glad you had such a nice bfast and dinner out. Great treats! Push through this last day of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the dentist went well! And the Indian food sounds great!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling over that Indian food! Glad the dentist trip went well! I can't wait to see what you whip up with those chips - they sound great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I've ever see that soup but it looks A-mazing. I can't believe I've never seen it before, maybe the packaging is different?

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad your tooth appointment went well!

    the indian foods looks/sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, you must let me know how you like that tea ... it sounds wonderful! :)

    Merry Christmas Eve to you!! ; )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!