Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day, And The Next One, Too!

Happy Boxing Day! Well, in Canada anyways. I’m really not sure if the States has Boxing Day? I’ll be recapping today and Christmas Day in this post but I promise to keep the dialogue to a minimum!! The kids were THRILLED with their “Santa” presents…an ipod touch for DD and a PSP for DS; 100_7768 100_7766

I ate a light breakfast as we normally do a brunch at Mom’s around 10:30-11am on Christmas morning. 100_7773

A toasted WW English muffin with a smear of almond butter and pomegranate jelly.

Santa was GOOD to me! Aeropostle was the winner in the “keeping Krista warm and comfy” category; 100_7806

And my favourite thing to do when I’m nice and cozy is read! So Chapter’s came in second with 2 great books, a gift cert and Edward! 100_7808

Coming in third at keeping me young and hip is my favourite moisturizer from Clinique as well and some samples,an awesome scarf in my favourite colour and a gorgeous teal purse that I actually picked out while Mom and I were at JC Penney’s in November; 100_7811

And to help keep me lean and mean we have EA Active for my Wii and a great little t-shirt.

100_7810

I was also spoiled with a few gift certificates to one of the malls in the area. CHA-CHING!! :D How did Santa treat all of you? I’d LOVE to know what your favourite present was this year.

My brother was thrilled with the motorcycle book I got him; 100_7776

I pulled his name out of the hat this year and this was one of the gifts I got him. Here are my boys post gift opening at Mom’s; 100_7778

My eats at Mom’s were light as the English muffin kept me quite content. I only ate what I did because it’s impossible to say no to food in an Italian household without the ‘rents getting offended. I had some scrambled eggs, 1/2 a slice of toast and a piece of Dad’s salami which Mom baked; 100_7779

To give you an idea of how small this actually was, this was on a side plate. My brother brought his kitten, Quincy, over for a visit; 100_7790

My Mom’s cat, Sinjin, was NOT impressed. Poor gal is 17 and doesn’t like company of the feline nature! ;) 100_7791

As soon as we got home I set to cleaning the house before company arrived. The washroom’s and kitchen got extra special attention this time! Three hours later I was famished! I had to eat something or I knew I’d overeat and be uncomfortable after dinner so I made up a small bowl of cottage cheese, pineapple jam and Bare Naked granola. 100_7794

This held me over well. This is the jam that I used (and love). 100_7793

We had a wonderful Christmas dinner with all the fixings. I made sure to have a bit of everything on my plate! 100_7798

For dessert I passed on the pie and devoured a rather large piece of Mom’s tiramisu… 100_7799

She only makes this at Christmas time so I always pig out a little on it. LOL! We had 11 people over to enjoy the meal and I’m positive that nobody left hungry. Over the course of the evening we also made our way through a bowl of mixed nuts; 100_7792

All the men in my family are big on this type of snack. Here’s Mom and I after dinner. 100_7801

I didn’t get to bed until well past 1am and woke up at a later than usual 8:30! I wasn’t terribly hungry…go figure…so stuck to a smallish size bowl of Wildroots cereal with USAB. 100_7803

By 10:30 DD and I were out the door to shop some sales! Three hours later she came home with a pretty good loot from using some gift cards and I behaved in buying only 2 long sleeve tee’s and a bracelet. My hubby had the leftover turkey out so I made up a small plate for myself. 100_7804

Then I played with this fool for awhile: 100_7813

What a fatso! :D And watched some TV along with blog reading. What a tough life!

Seeing as lunch was late, so was dinner. The fam had pasta so I made myself a nice bowl of quinoa: 100_7814

  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/4 cup USAB
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup of fruit & nut trail mix

This was fabulous! I probably should’ve stopped there but there were limited amounts of peach blueberry pie so I knew I had to get one or miss out. Like I would never have the opportunity to drive up the road to buy another one. Right. 100_7815

Man, I <3 this combo!

Well, I really hope that everybody spent some quality time with family and had a blast while at it! I know I did…

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome prezzies you got!!! Santa was generous this year :) Your Momma looks SO young, as do you and your hub! Scrumptious Christmas eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! Santa was so good to you! He was super nice to me too. I got LOTS of Kitchen goodies, which I am very excited about. The dinner you put together for Christmas day looks amazing. But I SO want to recreate your quinoa mixture (YUM!). ENjoy your night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Christmas and lots of quality time with family. The food looks awesome; I'd like some tiramisu right now... :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, santa was great to all of you! you're going to have to let me know how that dean koontz book is! i love his novels!!!

    and your mom's tiramisu looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family time! You're right, Santa was really generous this year! ;) I love that pic of you and your mom, you both look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. life is good is one of my favorite companies! That shirt is too cute :) Looks like a wonderful Christmas.. with yummy eats! That quinoa looks so good with trail mix in it! good idea yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. DS and DD got great gifts! My sister got the itouch and cant put it down now haha. its so hard to say no to italian mamas! they love making and feeding their food! glad you had such a nice holiday and santa was good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful holiday filled with great food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww what a wonderful Christmas! The kids look so happy with their gifts!!

    Tiramisu = best Christmas dessert ever! Glad you guys enjoyed a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are so cute. They're just loving the gifts! You got some great stuff too. That purse is SO nice!

    The kitties are so cute. Sinjin is such a GORGEOUS cat!

    Loving alllll of your family holiday meals and desserts. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad santa was so good to ya girl! Pomegranate jelly?! Where did you find that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas looks great!!! And you and your mom both look
    so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kids presents & yours all look like they will be enjoyed :-) And that food looks heavenly--what a nice spread you guys had!!

    Btw, I love your hair in that pic with your mom..is that your natural texture?! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I'm insanely behind, but looks like you and your family had a great Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!