Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Housebound

Hi all! Well, DD has come down with H1N1 again. Crap. I got her into the doctor this morning and he said that she’s the 7th patient he’s seen that has got it a second time. Double crap. And it’s much, much worse this time. Crap, crap, crap. I managed a decent breakfast this morning amid keeping an eye on her and getting DS to school; 100_7414

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 Grain cereal
  • cinnamon
  • banana
  • dried fruit

100_7413

I quite enjoyed the dried fruit! And do you see the dusting of snow in the background? Right on time for December 1.

I popped over to a Thai restaurant while we waited for DD’s prescription to be filled so that I could pick her up some wonton soup….her fave. She enjoyed a big bowl with some Ritz (cheddar) crackers; 100_7415

I roasted up some sweet potato curry that I bought at Whole Foods on the weekend. 100_7416

That’s some Dijonnaise for dipping on the side. Also also ate an unpictured vegan energy bar.

We spent the afternoon watching movies. First up was Four Christmases, then Bride Wars and finally, Night at the Museum 2. All were really enjoyable! In between movie’s 1 & 2 I drank a vanilla bean latte; 100_7417

This is pretty much the position that DD has been in all day! 100_7419

He’s actually on her legs. :D

I stuck to the meal plan and made Rachael Ray’s sweet & sour pork. It was pretty good. 100_7422

I served it over pasta which made a quick base. I would’ve referred rice or a grain, but I ran out of time. This dinner came together really quick which was a plus, but it lacked a bit in flavour. I’d make it again in a pinch, but wouldn’t rush out to do it.

This evening will be much like this afternoon….spent on the couch watching TV. The Biggest Loser, actually! Keep your fingers crossed that DD sleeps well and feels better in the morning!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Your POOR baby! I hope she feels better. You're such a great mama, getting all of her favorites. I'm sure she loved it. Tell her to get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no..h1n1 again :( That is so crappy. Hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance, I thought you had chopped carrots and celery on your bfast :)

    I want to watch Four Christmases SO badly!! I love Reese and Vince!

    I hope DD gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh...hope everyone is all better asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about all the craps... you must be really worried about her. hope she gets better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope she is doing well! You seem like such a great mom! :) Try adding mandarin or pineapple to the stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, poor DD! I'm sending her tons of get well wishes - I hope she's feeling alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your oats look super yummy with all the dried fruit! Awww, poor DD, I hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh i hope dd gets better soon! thats crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your such a good mom!!! i hope everyone gets better so sooooon!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh, h1n1 sounds so scary! And twice?! *Thumbs down* I will be praying for DD!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!