Monday, December 14, 2009

Meal Planning – Week 7

Well. The first day back to work after 2 weeks is behind me. It actually wasn’t too bad, just a bunch of paperwork to sort out. I’m such a creature of habit that it was nice to get back into the swing of things. And DD was thrilled to be back to school. I started my morning out with a simple, yet tasty bowl of oats; 100_7584
-1/3 cup chocolate peppermint stick soy milk
-2/3 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-chopped hazelnuts 100_7583
This was the perfect blend of ingredients to make a satisfying breakfast.

As you can imagine, the day went by pretty fast. There were chocolates and treats everywhere (which I was secretly glad to have missed out on the past 2 weeks!) so I picked 2 of the most interesting ones and stuck to that; 100_7585
Cute or what? I preferred the dark chocolate tree over the milk chocolate Santa.

I was eager to get back into the gym today. Nothing stopped me from using my treadmill at home while I was off, but I truly didn’t feel the urge to break a sweat even once so I didn’t push it. And the break was just what I needed because working out didn’t feel like a chore at all today. Rather like revisiting an old friend. I kept to the elliptical so as to ease back into things.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 167
Max Hr: 180
Calories Torched: 491
Distance: 4.9 miles

Before I even went to the gym I ate half of a tropical fruit Lara Bar for a boost of energy; 100_7586
I think this one ranks as my top favourite flavour. I LOVED the tanginess and the fact that I could really taste pineapple. Me loves pineapple!! :D

I warmed up my lunch about 2pm. Can’t say I was terribly hungry, but I didn’t want to be ravenous come dinner time. I brought the last of the minestrone with quinoa from Friday night’s dinner. 100_7587
As most soups/stews/casseroles, the taste just improved with a few days.

Pork tenderloin was on the menu for dinner tonight. I seasoned it with Mrs. Dash’s Thai seasoning blend and popping it in the oven for 45 minutes at 350*. I served it with a side of WW couscous and steamed green beans. 100_7588

My “sweet” end was a handful of crisp red grapes as I was driving DD to dance class; 100_7589

There’s nothing else on the agenda tonight so I’ll you with this week’s meal plan!

Monday – dance (6-6:45)
-pork tenderloin/green beans/noodles (for fam)

Tuesday – Pilates (6:15-7:15)
-grilled chicken breasts/tri coloured peppers/grains

Wednesday – Hockey (5:30-6:20) & Dentist for me (4-5)
-pizza for fam
-something soft for me, probably eggs

Thursday – Hockey (5:30-6:20)
-sausages/steamed veggies/rice

Friday – FREE!

-chicken fingers/mac n cheese for fam
-stir fry for me

That’s all for today, folks! Catch you all tomorrow!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten a chance to try that new (well used to be new) Larabar flavor! I'll pick some up next time since you give it such high remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chocolate Santa is just too cute :)

    Something soft for you on Wednesday... ICE CREAM!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off ... I love your bowl! That's definitely one of my favorite Larabars also. Actually, that's one thing I really like about Larabars, there's such a vast array of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww glad dd is back at school and feeling like a stud :)

    those candies are SO CUTE!! haha i totally would have went for those too :) and the trop larabar is one of my favies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your day at work wasn't too rough :) I also love the tropical flavored larabar. So yummy!

    Meal plan for the week sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your first day back at work went well! :) Love the tree & Santa; almost too cute to eat! ;)

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those christmas cookies are soooo cute! I wouldn't want to eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little christmasy chocolates are SO cute.My MIL just bought me a bulldog chocolate mold and I can't wait to use it. Nice job at that gym- that is some major "torch-age". Love the addition of grains, etc to the soup. Meal plan looks good chicky. Glad the first day back wasn't too bad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent tried that larabar yet! thanks for the review!

    the xmas coookies look so cute and delicious!! I am so bad at bakign so I am so envious of everyones creations!!

    those grapes look so plump and delish!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!