Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tooth Issues

We got our first winter storm of the season today. You can bet I was glad to be home instead of out in it. Driving in winter conditions doesn’t bother me, it’s the other drivers out there that scare me! You get the people who drive like it’s a bright, dry summer day, then you get the ones that really should’ve stayed home because they’re SO incredibly freaked out. Here’s a few shots from my back deck; 100_7518 100_7516

Weather like that warrants a hearty breakfast! 100_7515

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup kamut flakes
  • cinnamon
  • almond butter
  • Enjoy Life mountain mix trail mix 100_7514

We lost our satellite signal for most of the morning. I even took a broom to the dish to clear the slush to no avail. What are 2 girls to do? Watch Twilight again, of course!!! :D I’m team Edward and DD is team Jacob so we’ve got some pretty fun rivalry going on. Haha!!

We agreed that it was a soup kinda day for lunch so I warmed up the Campbell’s Hearty Garden Vegetable that I received in the mail last week;

100_7519

We split the box and had some Dr. Kracker cracker on the side. 100_7520

My thoughts on the soup? I really liked how thick it was and that it was jammed packed with whole pieces of vegetables. Both bonuses. I can’t say that I loved the flavour of the soup, though. I much preferred it when I had a bite of cracker with it. DD, on the other hand, loved everything about it and asked for seconds. I’d give it a 3/5.

Much later in the afternoon I made a fantastic little snack for myself. I combined cottage cheese, crushed pineapple and some Nature’s Path banana almond cereal; 100_7521

Booya! I love cottage cheese with pineapple!

The meal plan for tonight was a roast done in the crock pot but seeing as I’m home (which I didn’t think I’d be) I decided to roast it in the oven. I surrounded the meat with red onion wedges and a few cloves of garlic and kept the seasonings simple with just some salt and pepper. I roasted it at a lower temp for a bit longer than normal and we were rewarded with a tender piece of meat. I ate mine with onions (LOVE roasted onions) and the last of my butternut squash; 100_7522

Right after dinner I went down to the school for parent teacher interviews then I came home and picked DS up for swimming lessons. When that was done we went to the store to buy him some new winter boots. Poor kid had none today! I was a little hungry when we got home so I grabbed a few pieces of dried fruit when something nasty happened. I crunched on something and when I spit it out I realized that it was half of one of my molars. WTF??? The damn tooth just broke apart and now I have to call the devil dentist to get it fixed (somehow). You all know how I feel about going to the dentist, right? For the love of God…..

On the bright side, Swimming lessons are now done until January. YIPEE!! Do you have something wrapping up for the year this week?

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. So sorry about your tooth! I really don't like "tooth issues" either... Hope it'll be fixed quickly and as painfree as possible! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! So sorry to hear about your tooth. The only thing worse than going to the dentist is paying him. Just kidding; dentistry really isn't that bad these days. (I've had a ton). Fingers crossed for an easy fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakie looks AH-MAZING!!!

    And by all means borrow the Cans4Comments idea!!! I'm totally hopeful it will catch on amongst health bloggers!!!

    PS - if anyone decides to have a Toronto blogger Christmas meet-up, keep me in mind. I'm coming home!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the new V8 soup and am glad to hear you guys enjoyed it too. Sorry to hear about the tooth. I hate the dentist too and I'm scheduled to go next week -ick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg what a scenery!!!! and what a breakfast, really! it fits the cold weather perfectly! props for the white christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your tooth. I think you're right, the dentist just might be the devil! (I had to go to the dentist this week too...no fun!) I love your backyard pics...what a gorgeous winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the soup review - I still have to try that one myself. Sorry to hear about the tooth!! The dentist freaks me out so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo, looks like you got more snow than us! I hate winter driving--my car is not good on the roads with snow at all. Good thing school is just a straight shot down the road :-)

    I love mixing cottage cheese with blueberries and granola!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! You've got to be kiddng me!? That sounds painful. I also hate the dentist :( Hope you get it all fixed up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!