Friday, December 18, 2009

Earrings, As Promised

My office held a huge food drive over the past 2 weeks that ended up being VERY successful. Each department had their own (paper) tree up on one of the main walls and each time we brought an item in we got to decorate our tree. They broke it down into most needed items (which got you a present for under the tree), bonus items of the day (for which a snowflake was earned) and any other “misc” item (for which you put a decoration on). It was so fun to watch the trees “light up”, but best of all was that we donated 1417lbs of food to our local food bank!!! How awesome is that? 100_7641
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-raisins
-Enjoy Life Foods trail mix 100_7640
The pictures seem to have come out kinda of fuzzy, but the food was great!

Thankfully there was no food event at work today. I don’t think my waistline could’ve taken it! I did make it to the gym today, but before going I ate a yummy Gala apple; 100_7654

So unbelievably sweet!

I just didn’t feel like running today so I stuck to the elliptical.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 158
Max Hr: 183
Calories Torched: 457
Distance: 4.9 miles

That worked up an appetite so I warmed up the lunch I had brought for myself yesterday…chicken and sautéed veggies; 100_7655
This really hit the spot. A bit later on I enjoyed these 3 “gourmet” crackers; 100_7656
And then a co-worker showed up with a medium candy cane hot chocolate for me. YAY me!

100_7653

As promised, here are 2 shots of the earrings I bought at Sears last night for $4.99…. 100_7651 100_7646

I love’em!

The kids were invited to the same birthday party tonight from 6-8 so after dropping them off my hubby and I headed out for a rare dinner alone. That doesn’t happen very often at all. We decided on Thai as it’s one of our favourite’s. I started with some fresh shrimp rolls and peanut sauce; media1

Then I ordered a vermicelli dish with grilled chicken breast. It was HUGE and I only ate about a 1/4 of it, but it will definitely be enjoyed over the next few days! dinnerr

I know the photos aren’t very good but I forgot my camera so my hubby took them with his camera phone for me. Much appreciated seeing as he still doesn’t get the whole blog thing!

We just got home from getting the kids and I plan on brewing a big ass green tea as soon as I’m done here. Dinner made me thirsty!! Hope you’ve all had a great Friday!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS earrings! I can't believe they were only 5 bucks! It is so nice to go out alone with no kiddos sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good is peanut sauce? Yummy dinner- what a fun treat. The earrings look cute. Congrats on the HUGELY successful food drive. Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earring are beautiful. Even better that they were $5!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE digestive crackers!!! Those were all over London and I sure miss them so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on donating all that food--I love being a part of that kind of thing, especially around the holidays!!

    Those earrings are gorgeous! I just bought some Christmas ones the other day--tis the season ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congrats on that amazing food drive! I love your pretty earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful donation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The earrings are beautiful.

    I'm glad you got to go out to dinner by yourselves. The Thai food looks sooooo good! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous earrings and what a great number of pounds of food! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those earrings are pretty! What a steal for only 4.99!!!

    Glad you got to enjoy a dinner out with hubby...thai food is one of my faves as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!