Friday, July 10, 2009

Amazing Friday

I had a great day today! I got an awesome walk in, ran all my errands and bought some new (to me) products. Let me show you! I started the morning off with a nice bowl of kamut flakes. 100_4953

  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup kamut flakes
  • cinnamon
  • 1 tsp instant coffee
  • pecan pieces
  • a dried banana
  • splash hazelnut flavoured coffee creamer

100_4952

Yum ditty yum!

I dropped the kids off at Italian school for 9:30 and then drove over to Mom’s to meet up with my sis for a l-o-n-g walk. We did a trail route which was beautiful and caught up on all things new. There’s an 11.5 year age difference between us so it can sometimes feel like we’re from different planets which is why I like to spend time with her when we’re both free. When we got back we were laughing at how sweaty we had gotten….our t-shirts were soaked! I’m not sure how far we went, but I’ll guesstimate 8 miles.

  • Time: 1hr 45 min
  • Avg Hr: 126
  • Max Hr: 157
  • Calories Burned: 623

I hung out until it was time to pick the kids up. By the time we arrived home it was lunch. The kids went for grilled cheese so I decided on some egg whites while the pan was “dirty”. I served them on a toasted WW bagel with Sabra hummus and a slice of Monterey cheese. On the side was the last 2 carrot sticks with a blob of hummus and a handful of cherries; 100_4954

My sweet end was a coconut lemon bar that my sis made… 100_4955

She loves to bake and is good at it so I jumped at the offer to take some home!

Next up was errands. We had to go buy 2 b-day gifts, drop one off at my work and then do groceries. It was 4:30 by the time we got back and I was definitely snacky. When I get a hankering for a snack later in the day it’s usually something sweet that I want so I grabbed this Glenny’s PB brownie; 100_4958

That pretty much killed my dinner appetite! We typically eat around 5:30, but dinner didn’t come around until 6:45 tonight! Even then I wasn’t starving by any means. I cleaned up a few more leftovers….couscous and broccoli….and cooked up a Gardenburger Tomato Basil burger. I added some Ted Readers peach & bourbon sauce to the plate for dipping purposes; 100_4961

Here’s a peek at some of the things I bought while out today; 100_4960

Lots of chia….Pranana chia seeds and Ruth’s Chia Goodness, shaved coconut, carob chips, ginger chews, 3 halvah squares, a bag of rye flakes and some cocoa Camino. I can’t wait to try the rye flakes in the morning! I enjoyed one of the Halvah squares after dinner… 100_4962

I’m off to prepare for the fundraising walk in the morning! I hope the weather holds as there is rain in the forecast. Keep your fingers crossed! I’ll be back tomorrow with a full recap. If you wanted to sponsor us, you can visit my donation page which will also tell you all about the research they’ve been doing on paediatric brain tumours. Have a great night, all!

Bye for now!

11 comments:

  1. No no, you had a GLORRRRIOUS day!! Fabulous.

    Good luck with the walk tomorrow!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green bowl you used for breakfast! Your Halvahs are back!! I've never seen those around here but they sound good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! :o)

    Oh and your breakie looks crazy delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crossin my fingers the weather is perfect for you tomorrow!! :)

    Your breakfast looks AMAZING. Especially with the dried banana and pecans! Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love new products! fun fun!

    Your sister's coconut lemon bar looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all those chia seeds!!! I need to get some too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun new goodies! Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the Glenny's PB awhile back and I didn't think they were half as good as Vitalicious's VitaBrownies! But decent for a "health" brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try chias so bad!
    the lemon coconut bars ... sound so freaking good... i want some badly now. HAHA!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your kids go to Italian School.

    Hope the walk went well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally thought you had rhubarb on your oats, then realized it was the dried banana.

    Looks like you picked up a bunch of new food treasures to try out :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!