Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 6….Time to Relax

I woke up to very heavy rain and thunder this morning. A good day to sit around and recoup after 2 days of travelling about. Tomorrow is suppose to be wonderful weather wise, so we’ll be heading back to Ontario Place, armed with the $20 tickets this time!

I made pancakes for breakfast again this morning using a packet of berry flavour Amazing Grass. I find that this is my favourite way to use the product and it makes some pretty mean pancakes!

100_5303

Once again, I smushed some raspberries on top and served a bit of syrup on the side for dipping. And all on my new shell plate, too! 100_5302

Yes, I took this photo on the carpet by the sliding glass doors! It was so gloomy out and it was the best source of light. :)

I was so lazy that I didn’t even get out of my PJ’s until almost 1pm! Granted, in that time I went down to the garden and picked 2 more zucchini and the last head of lettuce, cleaned the produce up and baked up some mini Blueberry Chia muffins! 100_5309

These little guys were pretty good, but had no spice in them. Next time I will make it a point to add some cinnamon for sure. I ended up topping the next 2 I ate with a little cinnamon honey. I got 24 mini’s from the batch which will make great grab & go snacks for the rest of the week.

I utilized some of the red leaf lettuce from the garden in a humongous salad for lunch! 100_5308

  • red leaf lettuce
  • the “salad” from Wendy’s that I didn’t eat the other night
  • patty pan squash
  • grilled red onion
  • feta
  • leftover pork tenderloin
  • Ted Readers peach & bourbon sauce
  • Raspberry walnut vinaigrette

100_5307

A “clean out the fridge” salad for sure! It was so big that I ate it right out of the salad bowl. Greedy me! :) Here’s the dressing that I used….another Buffalo purchase. 100_5305

I knew that meal would need some help digesting so DD and stole the neighbours pup and went for a nice long walk. I remembered to take a photo of said doggy today so you can all bask in his cuteness! His name is Quesi which is short for “Quesadilla”. I can’t remember his breed, but he’s a type of Cuban dog I believe. Anyways, here he is! 100_5310

Don’t you just love that face?! I spent the remainder of the afternoon on the front porch reading. Nothing equals relaxing to me like diving into a good book! I was feeling snacky by about 4pm so I dug into my bag of Salt & Pepper Popchips… 100_5317

I have got to find these in my area because they rock like no other. This coming from someone who doesn’t care for potatoes. I ate about 2 handfuls before I put them away. You see, until I find a Shopper’s in my town that sells them, they are like gold.

When dinner time finally rolled around we grilled up the Al Fresco sweet Italian chicken sausages that I smuggled brought over the border yesterday.

100_5312

I’ve tried the buffalo wing style before and thought they were better, but these were OK, too. I served mine up with a big side a pan cooked zucchini from the garden that had a drizzle of avocado oil and S&P on them, 100_5314

My sweet tooth has been in high gear all day so I caved and tried a baggie of the Smart Food popcorn that I bought yesterday; 100_5315

Holy jeez, was this ever good! Dangerously so. The popcorn is liberally coated with caramel and the are mini chocolate chips and pieces of cookie mixed in, too. 100_5316

Seeing as I enjoy my sweet stuff, the single serve pouches are great for me. And there was a decent amount in there. What you don’t see that came after the popcorn was 2 PB & chocolate chip cookies. My hubby came home with 2 bags last night! I’ve asked for them to be hidden from me!

Well, that’s all for today. I’m going to go do some more reading while the sun is still out. Then I might take a stroll around the mall to kill some time. Hope you’re all having a wonderful evening!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Holy yum those pancakes look good! were they tasty?
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green pancakes! Makes bfast a little more fun. Glad you enjoyed a more relaxing day today. Your neighbors dog is a cutie. Hope you have fun at Ontario place tomorrow. Can't wait to read about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect, relaxing day. I know, I take my food photos in some straaange places for lighting, hehe. The photo of DD and the pup is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.

    I'm so impressed that you are enjoying your snacks so slowly--I always have to try EVERYTHING when I get back from the store even if I know what it tastes like!

    Can't wait to read about day 7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a lurker, but I can't resist a chance to name a dog breed (nerd!!). I think he's a Havanese :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pancakes!

    I can't handle the single servings of that popcorn... I need more than one so I just try to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those green pancakes are sooooo cute!!! recipe please!!!
    I love that salad and the pan cooked zucchini.... especially from your garden! I wish I had a garden!!! :)
    oh.... those mini chia muffins are soooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pancakes are always so perfectly round--love it ha!

    I have been meaning to try that popcorn with a coupon I got, but forgot about it!! Thanks for the reminder, glad it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo BUFFALO!!! Don't get me wrong I love living in Miami but I miss my Wegman's like nothing else, glad you got the chance to cross the border for some goodies. I will be back in Buffalo next week and one of the first stops will def be at Wegmans :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your eats today! The al fresco sausages are so yummy! What a cute pic of DD and the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green Pancakes? YUM! They are so colorful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have the Pop Chips in our Shopper's here, but they usually only have a couple flavours.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!